This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Saying Goodbye to Five Beloved Games

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Final Promo Sale: Saying Goodbye to Five Beloved Games – A Final Sale Announcement

Dear Pogo Players,

We hope everyone is having a wonderful day. It is with great sadness that we announce we'll be saying goodbye to five of our beloved games – From France With Love, Postcards From Britain, Grub Crawl, Royal Wedding, and Vanishing Trail. These games have been a part of our community for quite some time, and we understand how much they mean to you. These changes will be taking place during the fall season, and as we approach the date, we will keep you informed with updates and relevant information.

We understand your desire for new games and we're excited to announce that we'll be focusing our resources on developing innovative and thrilling games for you to enjoy.

Before these games are gone forever, we want to give you one last chance to earn all the badges for your collection at a discounted price and bid them a farewell in style. Starting today, we will be having a final game sale that will run through the 24th of May.

More info on the sale here : https://www.pogocheats.net/forum/index.php/topic,53024.0.html

We want to thank our community for supporting these games over the years. It is because of your loyalty and love for these games that they have been a part of our community for as long as they have. We hope that you will continue to support us as we move forward and bring you new and exciting games to enjoy.

Thank you for being a part of our community and we will see you at the final game sale.

Sconnie
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

snowflower

Quote from: Mayhem on May 12, 2023, 08:16:28 AM

Final Promo Sale: Saying Goodbye to Five Beloved Games – A Final Sale Announcement

Dear Pogo Players,

We hope everyone is having a wonderful day. It is with great sadness that we announce we'll be saying goodbye to five of our beloved games – From France With Love, Postcards From Britain, Grub Crawl, Royal Wedding, and Vanishing Trail. These games have been a part of our community for quite some time, and we understand how much they mean to you. These changes will be taking place during the fall season, and as we approach the date, we will keep you informed with updates and relevant information.

We understand your desire for new games and we're excited to announce that we'll be focusing our resources on developing innovative and thrilling games for you to enjoy.

Before these games are gone forever, we want to give you one last chance to earn all the badges for your collection at a discounted price and bid them a farewell in style. Starting today, we will be having a final game sale that will run through the 24th of May.

More info on the sale here : https://www.pogocheats.net/forum/index.php/topic,53024.0.html

We want to thank our community for supporting these games over the years. It is because of your loyalty and love for these games that they have been a part of our community for as long as they have. We hope that you will continue to support us as we move forward and bring you new and exciting games to enjoy.

Thank you for being a part of our community and we will see you at the final game sale.

Sconnie
6_6.gif

Squid

I think they went too far overboard with HOGs a few years back.

Mayhem

Yeah, they sure did. With that said, they are planning to bring back Clue later this year though.

Squid

Here's my thinking on the ongoing sale for the soon-to-be defunct games.

• This sale is a now rare chance to get challenges for 50% off
  • There are some pogi-filled challenges listed
  • While the sale runs through 5/24/23, you have until the fall to use the challenges as that is when the games are leaving Pogo
  • I don't know if it applies here, but in the past, when games left Pogo and you had unfinished MnM challenges in those games, the badges were automatically awarded
  • I do not know if unfinished challenges will have pogis automatically awarded when the game leaves Pogo
  • I do not know if unfinished Wednesday challenges will be automatically awarded at the end but it seems likely that they will.  We don't like holes in our badge albums
  • My advice is to see what challenges you have outstanding in all these exiting games and get them done before the autumn
  • You might want to give this moment some constellation thought as to whether you'd like those pogis to go to this constellation or the next

Other thoughts?

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on May 13, 2023, 05:42:43 AM
Other thoughts?

I think you pretty much covered everything. I'll just add that even though Pogo has automatically awarded badges in the past, I wouldn't assume it will happen this time around. I would try and finish the challenges before the games are retired.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on May 14, 2023, 12:23:44 AM
I think you pretty much covered everything. I'll just add that even though Pogo has automatically awarded badges in the past, I wouldn't assume it will happen this time around. I would try and finish the challenges before the games are retired.
Definitely!

MsMissy

Just to say my piece, i will miss a few of these games.   There are just to many Majhong  games @ Solitaire games too.

Mayhem

Agreed, they need to be trimmed up as well.

Squid

May I make a suggestion on where to begin the trimming for Mahjong games?  Please?

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on May 16, 2023, 03:45:12 AM
May I make a suggestion on where to begin the trimming for Mahjong games?  Please?

embrace.gif

Mayhem

Pogo just mentioned that those 5 hidden object games will be removed on September 30th.

You have until then to complete any challenges that involve these games.

Squid

I believe I'm done with challenges but I'll verify.  Thanks

Mayhem

Pogo still may give us credit for what we don't finish. They have done that in the past, but I personally wouldn't chance it.

Mayhem

Pogo has changed the removal date, and these games will be removed on September 26th (instead of the 30th).

-------

Hi Everyone,

We are sad to announce that we will be saying goodbye to five beloved games: From France With Love, Postcards From Britain, Grub Crawl, Royal Wedding, and Vanishing Trail. These games have been a part of our community for a long time and we understand their importance to you.

The changes will take place on September 26th, so please complete any challenges related to these games before then.

Thank you for supporting these games and stay tuned for new and exciting updates!

sconnie

Squid

If Sconnie hadn't sent out that message, would we have known about the date change?

Mayhem

Probably not - unless Pogo makes another announcement as the date nears.

Mayhem

Sconnie mentioned this morning that :

In the coming weeks, any player who purchased episodes in these 5 games will be awarded the episode completion badges. That's right, your dedication and hard work won't go unnoticed. So, keep an eye out for those shiny badges heading your way.

Squid

Only a couple more days to get those MnMs done, too.  Don't let those pogis go to waste.  You might get the badges if you don't do them but I don't know about the pogis.  Not worth the risk