Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

My buddies don't work on a couple of my computers

Started by minimarshs,

Previous topic - Next topic

minimarshs

I don't know where else to ask:

Everything works fine on my W10 PC.  Nothing works on my W10 laptop or my W11 Laptop.  Why do I have so many?  I work from home and have a couple of assistants.  Anyway, the issue started two days ago.  The buddy will resize the playing field, and then nothing.  You can see the cursor clicking on the game, but nothing happens.  And the browsers of preference are Edge (ugh) and Chrome. 

Any ideas please?

Mayhem

Have you installed anything on those 2 laptops recently?

I unfortunately don't have a laptop to test it on, so I'm not sure what to suggest - except submit a bug report on those laptops.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

minimarshs

Nothing new has been installed. 

I hate to say this, but I have submitted bug reports in the past with other issues, and not heard back.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Squid

I gave your problem some thought and unfortunately can't think of anything.  Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?  You seem savvy so it's probably a silly question.

minimarshs

LOL - not so savvy, but I have seen things.  Install and reinstall the Buddy App?  Or something else?
I wish I could uninstall Edge, or at least stop it from popping up every time I wake up the computer.  Chrome is my default, and I don't like having all the "advantages" of Edge and Bing shoved at me all the time.  Sorry, I digress.

Squid

Yes, I would try uninstalling the PlayBuddy auto loader and all remnants.  I would clean my system (CCleaner?) and reboot.  I would try re-installing the autoloader.  If you hate Edge, why don't you uninstall that, too?  I find it valuable to have more than one browser on my system so I would replace it with something else (Opera?, Firefox?  Konqueror?  Netscape? Just kidding, Internet Explorer?  Still joking).  Please let us know how it goes.

minimarshs

It is impossible to uninstall Edge, unless I do a deep dive into all kinds of places on the computer where I have no business going.
I have several browsers now, Opera and Avast and Firefox and Chrome.  And icky Edge.  haha Netscape.
I will try uninstalling the Buddy app.
Thanks.

Mayhem

minimarshs

Reporting in:  the Uninstall / Reinstall was successful on the W10.  I will give that a second chance tomorrow.  I am a tiny bit frustrated and mystified.  This is just so weird.
Thanks for all the help and encouragement.

Squid

Ok, progress is good!  I presume that was the W10 laptop.  After you uninstall the PB on the W11 laptop and do a system cleanse, see if there are any W11 updates, then try reinstalling PB.  Just thinkin' out loud here...

Good luck.

Mayhem

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview