This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Monopoly Sudoku "bug"?

Started by michaelwftl,

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelwftl

I recently finished the first city and was accumulating dollars to buy my way into the 2nd city at $500,000,000. I built my bank up to 999,400,000, with the intention of buying entry and still having plenty of dollars to buy properties in the 2nd city.

HOWEVER, when I paid the $500K entry fee, and the 2nd city opened for play, I had lost ALL BUT $10,000 OF THE DOLLARS I WORKED SO HARD FOR hours and hours and hours, literally weeks, to accumulate. I contacted EA support, but have received no response other than 4 different customer service reps contacting me in German.

Squid

Yes, it resets.  When I lost my money, I was disappointed, too.  You're starting fresh, my friend.

michaelwftl

I went back and checked the description of the game looking for any hint that the dollars would reset for each city, but of course there's nothing. There's no indication that's what would happen, and had I known, I wouldn't have put so much time and effort into building a bank that, unbeknownst to me, would disappear without warning. I feel cheated. Such is life, eh?

Squid

Quote from: michaelwftl on November 28, 2023, 01:24:51 PMI went back and checked the description of the game looking for any hint that the dollars would reset for each city, but of course there's nothing. There's no indication that's what would happen, and had I known, I wouldn't have put so much time and effort into building a bank that, unbeknownst to me, would disappear without warning. I feel cheated. Such is life, eh?
The banks have a limit.  Generally, you can accumulate 100,000 over the maximum (which, I believe, is approximately 2 billion).  When you open a new city, it costs about 2 billion.  So you're using the vast majority of the bankroll.  Then your bank goes down to approximately 10K, so you've lost about 90K.  These aren't hard and fast numbers but they are close.  I'd rather have the 90K in my pocket but it's not too bad.

Ed Fisher

I think the cities have been getting more expensive each time 500 mill to two billion, dont know what the next one will be, yet,

minimarshs

The amount can't go over 2 billion though, can it? Isn't that a computer thing?  The same as Quinn's not going over 2000.

Squid

I went over 2B by roughly 100K but that was my max.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview