This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

high stakes poker

Started by euphorictoast,

Previous topic - Next topic

euphorictoast

is p ever going to make rooms available for non club p members for the super rollers. i wonder what is exactly in the super rollers rooms.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

admin

I don't know if they will, but I would really like it if they did. I like poker, but it's not nearly as fun when nothing's at stake.

euphorictoast

well that doesnt make sense, if you check the room, it says in the members only rooms that there is like 200 people in there. why would they have a game that dont work?

Pug628

The games name is HIGH STAKES, wheres the HIGH STAKES.

euphorictoast

there's none in the game....unless you make one yourself

let me explain.
what i do is, i give out my personal information in the chat room....account password, bank pin number, phone number, credit card numbers, social security....and then i try to change/stop the pandas from taking me life.

I'm not a very good liar!

Bballplayer

P is having severe issues in working out the token bugs for the game.

If anyone has paid attention to updates to it the past month or so, the game was first released in preview mode, then was finally put in post-beta release.  Token exchanges in pots worked fine.  However pogo removed it when rooms began to crash and token accounts were being lost during these crashes.  There were a few people who lost token amounts permenantly while being caught in a room crash. This is why the game is back in Preview mode and "Just for Fun".  The game in still in preview mode on the alpha and beta sites.

When will it be back on final release?  My guess is not for awhile.  The smart thing to do would be to remove the game from the listing until it actually works properly, even in preview mode.

euphorictoast

how do you know this??? i thought there was just one mode....working mode. how do you know about all of this lingo crap?

Pug628

euphorictoast

why would p make two sites that are replicates of the regular site...what are the benefits of it?

titansfan

euphorictoast

do the tokens on pbeta serve the same purpose on p?

you know....the purpose of....hmmm, well, oh yeah!

THEY HAVE NO PURPOSE!

why would you try to gain a bunch of tokens on both the sites...
also, what makes beta better than alpha?
(this is not a riddle...wondering why you play beta instead of alpha)

admin

You don't need to say www.pbeta.com, you can say www.pogobeta.com. If it's an address it's ok to say the P word.

titansfan

yea  www.pogobeta.com is where i go   i signed in www.pogoalpha.com  and it sucked. so i like pogobeta because of my tokens i made  i think i made the record there

euphorictoast

Bballplayer

While let me clear my side up.  I don't give two flips about my tokens.  1 or 100 million the value is still the same...Worthless.  You could call them coins, tokens, soccer balls, cyber cash, flip flops, chump change, pig shit, and its all the same...a worthless number.  So with that out of the way.....

How do I know this stuff?  I'm just smart I guess.  I prefer to figure things out.  In any event, when sending an email to p regarding High Stakes, and stating I demand a human response, I got one.  It was explained to me that when accounts began to lose accumalted token balances in the database during room crashes, they went back to "Just for Fun" until that bug was worked out.  I'm sure anyone who was around during the few days the Token Exchange pots were working, you ran into the error "Please wait while we download your balance".  The problem was they couldn't find your balance and the few unlucky ones who had theirs downloaded during the moment of Impact (The one bad site crash they had) had their balances erased. P has a severe issue in routing bandwidth to handle traffic to different game servers.  High stakes isn't the first "new release" to have piss poor room problems from high traffic.  Pool suffered the same problem for more than a month.
If you've ever run a database and had data erased from a system crash, I'm sure you can understand the major piss off in that and how it'd piss off your customers.  So, they pulled the plug on the Working pots.
I was told that the problem was not as severe as it sounds.  However I'm not an idiot.  I can put two and two together.  When you have even just 1 player losing an entire balance, its more than just a small problem.

Why do they have two replica sites?

Well, the name should explain it clearly.  Alpha stage, Beta stage.

When P introduced a new game in the making it is known as Alpha stage.  When it passes Alpha, it is moved to Beta.  When it passes Beta its on final release.  All Sneak Preview is, in plain words, is a Beta stage game.  It's bugged more than Lewinsky's phones were.  Both sites are pointless for users.  The only good purpose they serve is for playing when the reg site is down.

Back on track now...With the severity of the bug, and because people can't seem to survive without their tokens, I'll be extremely shocked if I see High Stakes out of Preview within the next few weeks.

euphorictoast

i love you, you type so nice.  i could never type well, and i never knew why...until yesterday.

yesterday i found out, i dont have a left arm. did i mention you type well?

euphorictoast

i checked them out and there was about 7 people on total...it would come in handy when p is down if i need to play pogo that bad...sometimes i just get so mad..and i kill.

(dont tell anyone....its a secret! ::))

Joe

Pug628

What a noob, we play to win the jackpot NOT THE TOKENS.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview