PlayBuddy
April 23, 2024, 12:05:29 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Kid Nation

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Homer

gator8_24

gonna watch it tonight but I'm not  :/// :///

CindyLouWho

I'm planning on watching it, thanks for the reminder!

Homer

TmT

Quote from: gator8 on September 17, 2007, 07:29:23 PM
Quote from: Homer on September 17, 2007, 04:17:15 PM
:/// :/// :///

You are the most impatient man !! :/// :P
:)) You hit the nail on the head... he is very impatient on when it comes to "some" things...  I must say, he can be very patient when it comes to computer things. He has helped me out a lot....

Homer

That was pretty interesting. After Sophia spoke up I was surprised she still got the gold star.

CindyLouWho

Yea I was surprised too.  Did you see the previews for next week?  Looks like she hasn't changed & still running her jaws off, lol.  The show wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be with all the negative publicity it got.

Monkey

It wasn't as bad as I was expecting either. It was just OK, I was expecting it to be 10x worse.

It's nothing I'll go out of my way to watch every week.. I'll probably only watch it if nothing else is on tv.

That Sophia girl has attitude.. I like her  :)))

gator8_24

Sophia = Florida  :^*  I was afraid there was never going to be an adult running things.  It reminded me of a childrens survivor. 

gator8_24

Winter Park's Sophia wins $20,000 on "Kid Nation," but the controversial series earns a brickbat

Posted on Sep 19, 2007 9:33:52 PM

Let me say something nice first about CBS' "Kid Nation," a show that usually creeped me out or bored me.

Sophia, the Winter Park girl participating, is a dynamic personality. Sophia (pictured) was 14 during production (she is 15 now). When she cooked, danced or complained, she was riveting. She also won $20,000 in the first episode as the hardest-working child in this reality series.

She earned every cent. Without her, "Kid Nation" would have been a slog. The producers evidently understand they are lucky to have this forceful personality. "Kid Nation" teased that she will be featured prominently next week.   

The show, in which 40 spunky children set up a society, might more accurately be called "Camp With Elaborate Games." The premiere offered a splashy water-pumping exercise that could rival any challenge on  "Survivor."

Enough of the good stuff.

I have a low threshold for watching children cry. (They did a lot of that.)

Or seeing them live in a place that is dirty, dusty and cold.

Or witnessing young children pine for their parents. Little Jimmy, who is 8, packed it in and said goodbye.

I have to think many viewers followed him. "Kid Nation" aimed to be inspiring; the results were mostly cheesy and dull.

We've just come out of a summer when viewers mostly rejected the new reality series that broadcasters trotted out. I can't imagine they're longing for "Kid Nation."

The series made headlines after drawing allegations that it overworked the children and put them in dangerous situations.

CBS needed the furor to draw viewers. Wednesday night, the audience learned it was all much ado about nothing.

Feel free to cry along with the kids. This is what television has come to.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2007/09/winter-parks-so.html

Tara

I saw four children and their parents on talk shows yesterday, and the parents didn't have a problem with the show, and neither did the kids. The media is crazy sometimes. Homer and I will be sending our children their and they better get the gold star or I will make them cry.  :{:

Tara

This is on along with ... 

Dancing With The Stars Result show
Americas Next Top Model

Gonna watch Kid Nation and record everything else.  bbq22.gif

CindyLouWho

I'll be taping Kid Nation cause I gotta watch DWTS,  :///  but on commercials I'll flip & watch some bits of Deal or No Deal.  Then I'll watch Kitchen Nightmares at 9.  As much as I like it, glad DWTS goes back to 2 nites a week next week  <..>

Tara

Holy guacamole the damn chicken was still shaking...lol   I told my kids they might not want to watch when that warning came up...LOL   I'm the one who shouldn't of watched.  :)))

Tara

Did you see Evil Dick's kid waking everyone up?  :)))

If my kids were at Kid Nation, they would smack the crap out of Taylor and take the pizza.  :)))

Homer

Tara

She sure is...I keep telling her to shut up!  LOL

gator8_24

Quote from: Tara on October 03, 2007, 05:46:55 PM
She sure is...I keep telling her to shut up!  LOL

Homer prob'ly thought u were talking to him! :)) :)) :{: to me lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview