This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Rudeness

Started by Guardian Angel,

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian Angel

Is it just me or has the everyone in the world just gotten plain rude,and I don't mean just on Pogo,The last few days I have had to work on the sales floor because of being shorthanded and I can't believe the way people act talking on cell phones and expecting you to wait on them at the same time, chewing gum so loud it sounds like feeding time for the cows.  Went to the bank and post office could not believe the number of people that don't use turn signals or stop for stop signs.  While at the post office there was a little old man there in a wheel chair waiting to go in at least a half a dozen people went past him and nobody even offered to hold the doors open for him.

Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Kelly

It's not just you hun......people are becoming more n more rude these days.....Here's how I battle it......with a great big SMILE....don't let the rude and grumpy grumps of the world change who you are in your heart!! Keep smiling and spread the love and joy....misery loves company but you DON'T have to go along for the ride.

Motley

I actually get pretty peeved when people use their cell phones while up at a register and then expect the people behind them to wait.  I recently went to an Auntie Anne's and while there someone got on the phone just as it was her turn to get waited on....lmao...the cashier moved over to the second register and started taking everyone else's orders.  Little Miss Cell Phone got upset that she was ignored and wanted the manager, at that point the cashier pointed the HUGE sign on window explaining their policy on cell phones and that was the end of that.  I admit I have one...but I'm the one who pulls over if I'm driving to answer it (if I can, if not, I wait and return the call) and if it happens while I'm in line and it's someone important (family), I get out of line and answer it. 

I also help elderly people and yikes....I have manners.  Those seem to be dirty words lately but now that I am a parent, I have to be the example.  And, I am always paranoid that my mother's many eyes are watching me and I don't want a cuff in the back of the head. 

Kelly

Motley my grandparents are all past away and I am always thinking they are watching me.....I would never want to disappoint them or have them give me that look....lol

just-a-cheater

Where I live WV there are sign all over saying, Do not use cell phones when in line.. and I can't believe it, but it works.!

smiles29

WOW!!!!  i wish they would do something like that here in michigan.  i too am one of those people who are always helping people.  i live in a big city but everyone knows me.  i used to drive city bus and thats how everyone knows me in this city.  so i always have eyes on me plus im very active in the girl scouts so i have to set the example.  im just glad to hear that there are others out there that are just as kind hearted as me.

Stinky

Oh my..I HATE cell phone users in lines. I manage a fast food restaraunt and I cannot believe how many people are on their phones in line..Even in the drive thru. I mean come on..They pulled up to the drive thru, then they get angry at us for interrupting their call. PLEASE
What's even worse is when they ignore us at the window while we are trying to finish the transaction. Don't people realize that it is FAST FOOD!! And maybe..just maybe we might have a TIME LIMIT to get the cars through.   >:(
Anyways..that's my vent..LOL

Maelstrom

I'm Catholic, so Do to others as you would do unto them. Maybe you don't care, maybe you have issues. Either way, I think some people just need to get a life and move on. Their problem is knowing when to care, and obviously with all that's going on 'out there' they simply don't have the willpower to care about what's going on around them.
Like cell phones, they are a blessing and a curse. It's nice to have since you can stay in contact with nearly anyone, but it's also a distraction to anyone around you. (It's the same way when your on a wired phone and your kids are bugging you while your talking)
I suppose when you start taking something for granted, that's when people stop caring. I certainly don't know why they woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but they oughta get over it.

If people are generally just being rude, I try to ignore them. If their directly being rude to me, you can bet I'll kick them off their high-horse. I just don't push it, since it can come back around if ya know what i mean.

Agent Jones

haha, I'm with Smiles - sure wish they'd have signs like that in Michigan. The worst is when people are going through drive-thrus on their cell phones, argh. I could just stab them in the eyes with dull, plastic sporks for that.  >:D

I've noticed lots of people running no-turn-on-red's and stop signs and stuff lately, but I think that's mostly all the idiots coming out of hibernating for the warm weather we're finally getting up here.

lindseyloo

is it not illegal to be on a mobile phone while driving, sure is here in england, get caught on your phone here and your licence is at stake.
we also dont have any signs to say no mobiles in queues in shops but i sure wish we did. down right rude if you ask me

IndianLover

Quote from: lindseyloo on May 12, 2005, 03:53:26 AM
is it not illegal to be on a mobile phone while driving, sure is here in england, get caught on your phone here and your licence is at stake.
we also dont have any signs to say no mobiles in queues in shops but i sure wish we did. down right rude if you ask me

It is illegal here in New York, you get a nice fine
you are allowed to use ear pieces or speaker phone though

Motley

Quote from: IndianLover on May 12, 2005, 02:19:22 PM
Quote from: lindseyloo on May 12, 2005, 03:53:26 AM

It is illegal here in New York, you get a nice fine
you are allowed to use ear pieces or speaker phone though

Yeah, it is but the cops, I guess, will give higher priority to other infractions.  My cousin just got a real winner of a ticket, he had just picked up his truck from getting painted and was on his cell phone to his girlfriend when he gets pulled over.  Does he get a ticket for using his cell phone?  No...he gets one because the color of vehicle does not match the color listed on his registration. 

Homer

:o Interesting. I don't drive so I wouldn't really know but do you have to change that if you get your car painted? ???

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Pogo Dalek

Oh, for me its not cell Phones!

I got neighbors that thinks that at night, they can blast their radios in their homes and in the process, i can't have a good night sleep!

Even Reving up their Harleys at the Dead of Night like 12-3 am!

Or, people who pull up to homes with their radios blasting, having their loud music invade my space.

Adacia

I think all the pollution and nastiness floating around in the air has given people brain damage of sorts. People in Wisconsin here act like their weeds smell like roses.
  Today at a restaurant I held the door open for someone. He entered half way and decided I was gonna stand there until he got done talking his conversation with his cell.
   People drive on these roads like they own the streets.

As far as pogo's motto about meet friendly people.....just the exact opposite.

Love your Dalek avatar Timelord. :)  Cannot wait till this weekend. Next epi looks fantastic!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview