This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

My First Vehicular Accident

Started by Mustang,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Tuesday, April 13, 2004 -- 3:35pm Mountain Time.

Well, there I was -- in the parking lot of my high school, <edit by John>.  I let my cousin in the line, and then I let in a best friend of 14 years into the line as well.  We were moving right along... past the rows of cars waiting -- everything seemed to be moving nicely.  Then all of a sudden this purple car nearly hit my friend in front of me as he obviously was in some hurry, and tried budging in.  Well my friend wouldnt let him in as he was being a total jerk.  The space between the front of my car, and the front of my friends car was about ohhhhh maybe 6 inches.  I keep it close in the parking lot just so no one can sneak in unless I allow it.  We pulled up about 5 or 6 more feet and stopped.  I was stopped and all of a sudden I guess this kid got road rage (possibly parking lot rage) and decided he was going to get in front of me, and his left front end caught my right front end, and when he hit, he gassed it even more to try and get up and over my bumper and zoom off in front of me.

Well, he awas unsuccessful and got stuck.  He had to rock his car to get it loose.  Into reverse he put it, then back into drive and back into reverse before it finally let go.  I was on my cell phone talking to my mom before he even got his car off mine.  She was yelling at me to stay calm and I was yelling back asking what the fk I should do.  I didn't stay put because he pulled forward, on the right side of my friend yet again trying to get in.  I stayed very close yet again to the back of my friends' car.  We were at the stop sign at this time, and there is a fence off to the right, so he really had no where to go, but to back it up and go to the other exit.  I had my window down and he was smiling at me, then he said to get out of my fking car and he was going to beat my fking ass.  I took it upon myself to say, all right bizach, lets go (while on the phone still) I put my car in park finally, stepped out, motioned the cars to move around me, and at that point, he put his car in reverse, and did go toward the other exit and I just yelled at him... "You mother fker... what in the fk are you thinking?"  My mom didnt really care that I yelled at him, except everyone in her office could hear me and knew I was upset.

Well, I looked at the damage at this point and there really isnt too much.  Broken out headlight, a bit of paint scratched off, and purplish paint on my bumper as his car was purple.  Most of that will buff out anyhow.  But uh... my mom showed up before the police officer did.  We have a police officer at my school but he was kinda busy and got to us ASAP.  He finally got there, listened to my story and gave me an info card to fill out... my name, addy, insurance info.. all that.

I turned that into him this morning and he found the other kid and had him fill out his info card.  I took the kids plate # yesterday and gave it to the officer but he heard the V as an E so nothing matched when he ran the plate.  So this morning I corrected him and he knew just by the plate who it was LMAO!!  He said, "Yea this kid is just a punk and I have given him tickets before.  He is arrogant in that parking lot."  And I was curious of who the kid even was so he told me.  I then asked what actions were going to take place. 

The officer told me that he was going to write him a ticket for hit and run ($300) and then the usual amount for wreckless driving ($60).  If only he would have hung around... LOL.

So now we wait and see what insurance says.  I bet it wont cost more than maybeee $200 at most to fix.

Hahahahaha I cant keep from laughing now.  I laughed for about 10 minutes out loud after I found out what the ticket cost.

:) :D ;D :D :) :D ;D This is so great.  I am not even in the fighting mood today like I was yesterday.  A $360 ticket cooled my jets off nicely.

I will keep ya updated on this.

Mustang

Thanks for taking out my school name Homer.  I realize its for security  ;D

Totally understandable

fatkid

Funnny... The cock... Err Cop at my school seemed to know me by my car-make/model... Yeah that guy was a total dick...  :P I do not have fond memories of my school cop... Crazy times, crazy times... Yup high school was fun... Now I have to pay for school, and bills, and food, and rent, etc... I wish I could freeload all over again... Oh well... :-\

yousmellbad

hehe. i remember the old high school parking lot. Lots of good stuff happened there. The good old days. :'(

fatkid

Cutting class for smoke breaks... And ditching school to eat lunch off campus... Those were the days...

Homer

Quote from: JeffCoKid on April 14, 2004, 05:22:30 PM
Thanks for taking out my school name Homer.  I realize its for security  ;D

Totally understandable

No problem. Keeping an eye out for you. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

ImRicherThanUAll

Element

lol you wanna hear somthing funny, my mom got her her first Vehicular Accident WHILE she was driving around with her instructor when she was trying to get her license lmao im not sure how the story goes but somehow she ended up slamming into a PARKED truck.  ;D she got lucky though cause the guy didnt press charges cause he said he Just bought a new truck and was going to take the one my mom hit to the junk yard..lol now hows that for a first acident ::)

Mustang

Well this kids' mother is wanting to fight this ticket and stuff... She said she is going to take us to court because, "I am at fault just as much as her son."  Which is BS because I wasnt even moving when he hit me.  On the accident info sheet he said his speed was about 5-10mph and I set mine at 0... because I wasnt moving!  I need to go in and talk to the officer tomorrow and ask him for a police report and see just how much his ticket is.  His mom said that he got a ticket but it wasnt for hit and run.  Well, seems kinda funny as I walked in the officer's office as he was writing the ticket and I asked what was happening and he said, "I am charging him with hit and run and the usual wreckless driving."  I asked him how much a hit and run charge was and he replied, "$300." So it's getting interesting.

Maybe their insurance company will be the smarter of the 2 parties and say its not worth taking to court as he hit and ran.  He is now lying to save his ass with his mom... and it just isnt working too well.

"Thing that make ya go hmmmm."
-Jeff

fatkid

If he's got a lawyer working for him, you'd be surprised how far that can take you with getting tickets and fees reduced...  Lucky for me my dad is an attourney, so I had privillage to all the free legal councle I need... Which was a lot!

Mustang

This will go to small claims.... No lawyer needed really.  And trust me, after the phone calls we got last night... Seriously about 20 of them, nearly all threatening, they wont win.  The police officer has dealt with this kid before, by giving him tickets and he flat out does not like the kid, so that will only help wherever this goes.  I think they are all talk.  Hopefully, like I say, their insurance company will just say it isnt worth the court costs and whatever -- just pay up.

fatkid

Maybe his dad or uncle or grandpa or whatever is a lawyer... That's how I got off so many times... I'm not trying to agrivate, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up TOO high because the US judicial system can be a real bitch...  :-\

Mustang

My hopes are up really high fatkid.  You arent degrading my hopes whatsoever.  Say what you want, but this is not the first ticket this officer has given this kid.  And when he called the kid in to hear his side of the story he bluntly told the officer, "That kid was being a jerk and wouldnt let me in the line so I cut him off."  That just destroys his case... and the fact he hit and ran?!

There is no possible way this kid will get off without paying the ticket... And I know for a fact he will be paying to have my car fixed.  I wont need to appear in court.  From here, the insurance companies will handle it and if his insurance company has any sort of levelheadedness... They will just advise them to not fight anything and just pay up.

admin

Good luck Jeff, these things can really be a pain in the ass.

ImRicherThanUAll

Element

yea i bet Pcheats does know about accidents, drivin at 14 LOL  :P

ImRicherThanUAll

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview