PlayBuddy
June 09, 2024, 06:19:37 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Using an Auto for the first time

Started by pawnqueen,

Previous topic - Next topic

pawnqueen

I haven't used an auto before but am thinking of using the Jigsaw Detective one for the "Gone To The Dogs" badge which I'm 20% through.  Excuse my ignorance, but before I download it, I just have a few questions... that I couldn't find answers for in this site...

1. Does it cost anything?
2. How does it work... do I download, & install the auto, then open the case for "Gone To The Dogs" as normal, in Pogo, then run the auto?  Will it do the actual puzzles for me?
3. Can I stop the auto at any time, even when the case isn't yet finished?
4. Do you still get tokens and j/p spins as you would if you were doing the puzzle?

Is there anything else I should know?  (I live in Oz & am not eligible for cash/prizes).

Thanks!

Motley

Downloading and using an auto doesn't cost anything during the free trial.  It's best do that before buying it just in case it doesn't work the way you want it too or if you are using an older operating system that the auto doesn't support.  In doing Jigsaw, I normally open the game first and open the auto after it opens my first puzzle.  It will do the puzzles for you.  Depending on your computer and the speed, it may take anywhere from 3 minutes to 15 minutes to do the puzzle.  The auto program works best for me on Medium difficulty puzzles and on Fast speed.  You can stop the auto at anytime even when the case or the puzzle isn't finished.  You still get tokens and JP spins. 

I normally use the Jigsaw auto with Netscape or Firefox browser with Sun Java, as they work best for me.  Some people do have luck with IE and AOL with the auto, it just depends on your computer.  If you decide to download and try the auto and have any questions, a lot of problems with possible solutions have already been posted on the forum.  Have fun and enjoy!!

Jeffer

There's a FAQ on the badgehelp site:  Also there are specific instructions regarding the Jigsaw auto on the download page on the badghelp site.  Go to:

http://www.badgehelp.com

Jigsaw detective eats a lot of memory so turn off any uneeded programs for better performance.  Go ahead and allow the auto to turn the sound off as well.

Good luck and come on back if you have any questions...

pawnqueen

Thanks... how long is the trial period?  Cheers again.

smiles29

plus it also depends on the speed of your computer as for how long the auto will last too.

FlippantOne

No offense smiles, but I don't think the speed of your computer has anything to do with the trial period, believe it is instilled in the code prior to them releasing it, I could be wrong...Like try before you buy i.e. shareware.

smiles29

i have seen other posts where it was stated that the speed of the puter does make a slight difference.  i know from experience that it makes a small diff.  i have 2 comps at home and b4 i bought any of the autos i tried them out on both comps to see which one they worked better on.  the trials lasted longer on the desktop than they did on my laptop but they worked better on the laptop.  in other posts i have heard people asking why did the trials last longer on their work comp than on their home comp and that was the answer.  go figure.  its not the case with everyone but it is the case with some.  but the trial periods do differ from one to another auto, it all depends on how the programmer has set it up for.

Capt. Morgan

Yes do try them out first.
But after you see how well they work the best thing to do is the buy them all option.
You get every auto there is to date and all upgrades are free when pogo changes the game.
Also get new games at half price because there are always new games coming.

smiles29

absolutely capt. that is the best option.  you deff. get your moneys worth when you do that.

pawnqueen

Well after all that, I tried using the auto, and as I expected it didn't work.  It starts the puzzle, does the frame, then stalls after doing the top line of the filler pieces.  I tried all the speed settings, and sound was off, no other programs running.

I don't know much about computers & to me nothing is more frustrating than wasting time trying to make things work.

I would've likely bought the product if it worked.

Jeffer

You might need to adjust your settings.  Most players find that these settings solve their problems.

smooth edges checked

32 bit color

1027x768 screen size

microsoft java (Turn of the sun java).

Don't get discouraged, there's still hope! ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview