PlayBuddy
May 23, 2024, 04:14:00 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Game Ranks

Started by Element,

Previous topic - Next topic

marky03

they do give out the jp's....i put that person on my friends list and was talking to them about it

bob@pogopal

EA.com, including pogo, is about 1% of EA

The best way to verify this is to look at last year's financial statements. They are a matter of public record.

It would be foolish for a $2.5 billion company to get cheap on the jackpots they offer to get people to use their site. The company makes six million dollars a day and pays out a hundred thousand a month. That's chump change for them.

They do not make their money on Pogo. They make their money on the video games people buy. That's explained in their annual report too.

Element

Quote from: bob@pogopal on April 19, 2004, 12:53:09 PM
It would be foolish for a $2.5 billion company to get cheap on the jackpots they offer to get people to use their site. The company makes six million dollars a day and pays out a hundred thousand a month. That's chump change for them.

A penny saved is a penny gained  ;) Yes it would be foolish for them to cheap out on the JP's but i wouldnt doubt it for a minute...Besides how do you explain people cashing in millions of tokies and getting nothing...And as DJ said, why would they continue to talk about this Carl guy if other people continually win just as much as he did... I dont kare how much their worth i still and always will think they rig the JP's  :-\

bob@pogopal

Multiplication and Division. A million people cashing in a million tokens is a trillion tokens, and a million tokens is only a millionth of that.

No matter how many tokens get cashed in, the probability of winning is not going to be any better than the number of prizes divided by the number of people cashing in for a chance to win. I once worked for a man who originally came from Italy, and he wryly observed at the time that everyone in Italy was a millionaire. The lira traded at something like 10,000 to the dollar.

I have heard of corporate stupidity, but cheating on the prize payouts would be astronomical stupidity in this case. My guess is the prizes cost EA a fraction of what supporting the game servers costs them.

Element

a million millionares...if pogo had that many muillionares i would think there would be more people online at a time than only 250k (at the peak)

i think pogo rigs their JP's because of how easy it would be...to come up with a name in 5 seconds to give a $5,000 JP to... seems simple enough to me, $5,000 = 5 secs an easy way to cut their costs. I see your point to where a company with so much money tryin to cut their costs with something so little as a JP spin..but you never know what people would go to what measures  :-\

DEBKARLAR

I was once in a room when they annouce USER A won the $$$ jackpot. well they wasn't in my room but I'd assume the message was shown in all the same game chatrooms. To bad I didn't put them in freinds list to follow up and ask them Questions

Homer

They announce the winner in all the chat rooms for that game. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Element

ive only seen someone win (in another room) twice and that was because they gave out two JP's within maybe 30 mins.

Hooper2092

I saw the recent winner of Fortune Bingo win her jp of 520$- she was in the same room as myself. What sucks about it was, after checking out her profile- she had been a member of pogo only a week, and club pogo 2 days! Talk about beginners luck! I have talked to her several times since then and she says that she believes everything is legitamate because she had to fill out a few different forms to claim it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview