This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

4th of July Meal Plans

Started by Jeffer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffer

What is everyone planning on serving on the 4th? (or the 3rd...)

I was told by "she who must be obeyed" that I have to keep mine traditional....

So...

Chicago style Brats...

Burgers

Beer Can Chicken

Grilled Corn

German style potato salad

And Slaw and Salad...

Oh, and the usual selection of beverages!  8)

What's cooking at your houses?

Barbara

Nothing, because I will be at yours!  I am thinking we can save money on pyrotechnical devices by soaking 5 lb bags of flour in kerosene, lighting them and kicking them off the roof.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

lvdust72

My hubby has to work all weekend, so we just skipping the holiday.  Plus our little one is afraid of fireworks and loud noises, so miss out out it all.   :'(

avs1roy33

Quote from: Barbara on June 29, 2005, 09:43:15 PM
I am thinking we can save money on pyrotechnical devices by soaking 5 lb bags of flour in kerosene, lighting them and kicking them off the roof.
Oh yeah, thats not dangerous.

I'm actually going to be in Vail for the fourth :'( But they do say that they have a kick-butt fireworks show.

bobby

rhino

Speaking of twinkies...did anyone ever have a deep fried one??? I had one last year the minnesota state fair and well i didnt think they could taste any worse then they usually do but let me tell you something,there is nothing like biting into a piping hot twinkie and have that deep fried large tasting sugar get all into your teeth like sand on a beach.
Actually Here in Philly it is going to be way too crowded to go out and about with the LIVE 8 thing and the normal holiday celebration.I think we will just stay home and put some cheesesteaks on the grill.

Barbara

Quote from: maxraven on June 30, 2005, 12:58:41 AM
I'm going to watch the fireworks in the harbor at New York City from my penthouse terrace as I do every year. Seeing the Statue of Liberty lit by fireworks on July 4th always brings the holiday concept alive to me. But this is about the food, isn't it? I expect to show a lot of class by using my George Foreman grill and having grilled twinkies...topped off with Duff beer.

I'll be prank calling you the whole time.

cntrypuddinpop

i'll be watchin fire works sittin around a fire roastin marshmelllows and gettin trashed  ;D its gonna be a good day!

holly222

Since the hubby is still over seas in the war, and its too hard taking the kids out and getting stuck in traffic while they argue,  We will probablly set out the kiddy pool and lawn chairs in the back yard and grill out.  With any luck our neighbors will set some fireworks off... ;D

NotAdumbBlonde

Hopefully, I will be driving the night of the 3rd and morning of the 4th to go home and have my mother do all the cooking for us.   ;D(Who cares what she cooks as long as I don't have to do it) ;D  A nap by the pool and then into NYC to see the best fireworks ever.  Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th.

Barbara

boo69696

We're doin...
hamburgers, hot dogs for the kids, baseball stadium style italian sausages, steak, shrimp-kabobs, potato salad, cole slaw, homemade mac n cheese (like my granny used to make  ;D) salad,hubby's makin his famous beans, tryin to find some fresh corn on the cob, makin a jell-o thingy with cool whip (it'll be red white n blue)..... ummm rolls i think and i am sure some last minute stuff too.....

so sounds like we're havin about the same thing max  O0

oh, then we gonna get our full on, and send the kids home with Grandma....  ;) lol

boo69696

was that max? or am i trippin...... anyways....that quote from my previous post "so sounds like we're havin about the same thing" was directed to the SMART GUY who said he was obeying "she who must be obeyed"! lol

Barbara

Quote from: boo69696 on June 30, 2005, 08:43:41 AM
was that max? or am i trippin...... anyways....that quote from my previous post "so sounds like we're havin about the same thing" was directed to the SMART GUY who said he was obeying "she who must be obeyed"! lol
Yes, that was Max.

boo69696

pogoisevil

NotAdumbBlonde

Well, I am not going to get to see the great NYC fireworks this year, so our plans are now to grill some good steaks, a couple of sides, and all the beer you can drink.  Maybe if were not to sloshed, we will go see some small town fireworks.   Hope everyone has a great and safe 4th

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview