This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

need advice in pinochle

Started by tmonsteriii,

Previous topic - Next topic

tmonsteriii

to me this is totally unreal, but i have played 13 games in pinochle and have lost all 13, i am a good player and have had some good partners, i was up to 1699 now down to the 1300's, can anyone give me some advice or tell me what i am doing wrong, it just seems pogo gets very one sided on meld and this has caused me to lose all of my games.  any advice or help would be most appreciated.  thank you

Motley

You really can't do much about the hand that is dealt to you.  I'm not going to insult you by giving you playing tips since you've made it to 1699 rating points, you obviously know how to play.  I've more than a few hands with abolutely no meld points, so I feel that pain.  What I did was leave Pinochle alone for a day or two and hoped my luck would change.  If, you happen to love the game and have to play it, try playing with just bots for a little while.  Your points will be safe for the time being and you'll maybe gain a few pinochles towards the other badges.  Good luck, I hope you get some good hands and earn those points back.

JohnsBeth

I was up pretty high in Pinochle, also, about 30 points from being a grape, then Pogo started hating me and I'm down to a green.  The cards are very fickle and it seems like Pogo will have long runs where I get 0, 6 or 8 meld, with the only marriage I have being high in that suit so I can't go in it for trump.  All I can say is that if I seem to be having a run of good hands, I stay in that specific seat as long as possible, if I'm getting really bad hands, I leave the table and switch rooms as soon as the game is over.  Try to play people very close in rating to you, or higher, not lower, then you don't lose as many points if you lose the game.  In real life I'm almost unbeatable in Pinochle and I play every weekend.  Good luck getting your rating back up.

PogoMobile

Playing A Game That Your Really/Extremely Good At "In Real Life" Isn't The Same As Playing That Same Game On A Computer. Just My Opinion. "Well I Am Good At Pool In "Real Life" And "Computer Life"....LOL....But Who Knows ;)

smiles29

i have had the same problems.  as soon as i hit a streak of loses of 5 games,  then i leave that room and go to another room and sit in a seat that was opposite of the one i was just previously sitting in.  if i lose 3 games in a row, then i leave for a few days and my luck usually changes for a little while that way.  when i find a "hot" seat, i stay as long as i can.  and if i have to leave before my winning streak is over,  then when i go back, i always go back to the exact same room, table, and seat.  good luck.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview