This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

battlephlinx tutorial

Started by kiltie,

Previous topic - Next topic

kiltie

Hi there, sorry if this has been posted already but if you use the url trick to get to the battlephlinx rooms page you can now watch the tutorial. Also as a wee bonus it shows a couple of new costumes and backgrounds that will be available for our minis.

holly222

kiltie

By url trick i was meaning when you open a game room page you substitute the name of the game in the url for the game you want to head to e.g i click on the dice derby game then change the part that says chequeredflag to battlephlinx. it then takes you to the room page where you can click on the how to play or tutorial.

kiltie

How much of a pogo war do you think this will cause? I can see the amount of players being reported to pogo sky rocketing. can you imagine the amount of lobby bickering that this game will cause.

homelessdog

No, because the battlephlinx tutorial isn't on pogo yet, it's on pogo beta. 

The moderators have said not to link to that site, so I can't give you the url.  You can do a google search for it I'm sure.

kiltie

It was on the normal pogo site that i reached the tutorial not the beta site. still like you said im sure people can google for it.

PogoMobile

WOW....LOL....i just did it...but the tutorial didnt load....lol...but it sounds pretty cool from what the how to play thing on the left side says ....I Can Post It If Anyone Wants To Read It. O0

PogoMobile

THIS GAMES GONNA ROCK!!!....i can tell ill completed This Game First...lol....B4 All The Others....Cause its VERY VERY INTERESTING!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

homelessdog

Oh, you're right, I didn't realize the tutorial had been added to the Pogo page. 

From the main page type javascript: goTab('battlephlinx') and you'll get the Battlephlinx page where you can see the flash tutorial as well as the instructions.

PogoMobile

Figure 1: The Playing Field

Figure 2: Your Playing Field (close-up)

Battle Phlinx is a multi-player game where you and up to three friends (or enemies) can play Phlinx in a fast-paced, competitive setting.

The basic gameplay is very similar to the single player game of Phlinx. You use your sun disk to fling colored stones up into the playing field and make matches. To fling a stone, move your mouse to aim, and click to fire. An aiming line will show where your stone will land. If you create a group of 3-or-more matching stones, they'll disappear.

As these stones disappear, they might leave other stones disconnected from the rest of the playing field. Like in single-player Phlinx, these stones will fall to the ground. But in Battle Phlinx, these stones will turn into Curse Stones that will be sent to one of your opponents! But be careful - as your opponents are making matches and dropping stones of their own, they'll be sending Curse Stones back to you.

Luckily, many of the Power-ups from the original Phlinx are back to help you keep your playing field empty - some of them more powerful then before, too. If you can keep your playing field from filling up the longest and can outlast your opponents, you'll win the game!

touitsjesse

its nice to know that this game will allow you to advance quicker for more points rather than on where you are in rank...

Ranks
As you play and beat your opponents, you'll earn Rank Points that will move you closer and closer towards reaching your next rank. The first rank you earn will be that of Daisy (aww¡­ how cute!). From there, you'll progress to Duck, Rabbit, Pyramid, Khnum, and so on. There are 50 ranks in all. And you'll earn Badges at ranks 5, 10, 20, 35, and 50.

Rank Points can be a little confusing (it's a lot of math), so here are the basics:

You earn more Rank Points for making more stones drop
You earn a lot more Rank Points for coming in first place than coming in last place
You earn more Rank Points for playing with human players than computer players
You earn a few more Rank Points for playing a competitive game than a friendly game

Barbara

Awesome research Jessee, thanks for posting about the one game that I cannot wait to play!

holly222

sorry barb, got booted off my computer out of chat...was nice to speaking with ya
got to go give kids bath :o

Barbara

It's okay sweetie.  Come back when you get a chance.

PogoMobile

Well I Was Gonna Post That Too But U Seen I Already Triple Post ::) Cause The 2Nd Post Didnt Turn Out Right....The Spaces In The 3rd Are 'Spose To Be Pictures But I Dunno How To Send Pics :-\

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview