Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Re: POPUPS POPUPS POPUPS

Started by GardenDweller,

Previous topic - Next topic

GardenDweller

I have the following prog's on my puter:
1. Diskeeper Lite - defrag's your puter in under 5 minutes and does 90% more than the Windows one does
2. Windows Washer - no longer on the internet, but I'll send it to anyone who wants it. It 'washes' your puter of all temp files, caches, etc
3. Disk Cleanup - is on your puter already [at least XP anyway] Start button > Programs > Accessories > System Tools   
4. Ad-Aware SE Personal - finds and quarantines spyware, adware and other nasties. Updatable.
5. SpybotSD - finds and quarantines spyware, adware and other nasties. Updatable.
6. CWShredder - detects and fixes CoolWebSeach and any variants. Updatable.
7. HijackThis - great for finding the nasties on your puter. Updatable.
8. RegSeeker - handy for cleaning your Registry
9. AVG - a totally kewl virus scanner. Updatable for life. Does emails as well.
10. Spyware Blaster - Best little prog I have. Stops tons of stuff from even getting ON your puter. Great security for those who use IE. Updatable.
11. Windows Inspector - a program very similar to your Task Manager, except it tells you EVERYTHING that's running.

I didn't see anything stating putting in links to sites that don't have anything to do with hacking and such, but just in case I won't. Don't want to get banned on my first day here!! LOL  The prog names are there, just Google :) :)

lvdust72

Quote from: GardenDweller on August 07, 2005, 01:46:28 PM
I have the following prog's on my puter:
1. Diskeeper Lite - defrag's your puter in under 5 minutes and does 90% more than the Windows one does
2. Windows Washer - no longer on the internet, but I'll send it to anyone who wants it. It 'washes' your puter of all temp files, caches, etc
3. Disk Cleanup - is on your puter already [at least XP anyway] Start button > Programs > Accessories > System Tools   
4. Ad-Aware SE Personal - finds and quarantines spyware, adware and other nasties. Updatable.
5. SpybotSD - finds and quarantines spyware, adware and other nasties. Updatable.
6. CWShredder - detects and fixes CoolWebSeach and any variants. Updatable.
7. HijackThis - great for finding the nasties on your puter. Updatable.
8. RegSeeker - handy for cleaning your Registry
9. AVG - a totally kewl virus scanner. Updatable for life. Does emails as well.
10. Spyware Blaster - Best little prog I have. Stops tons of stuff from even getting ON your puter. Great security for those who use IE. Updatable.
11. Windows Inspector - a program very similar to your Task Manager, except it tells you EVERYTHING that's running.

I didn't see anything stating putting in links to sites that don't have anything to do with hacking and such, but just in case I won't. Don't want to get banned on my first day here!! LOL  The prog names are there, just Google :) :)

WTG  :D ...I have some of these on mine, but nice to see some others that I wanted but could not afford the big names.  I have lost 2 computers to virus/hackers, so I am grateful for this.

Thanks again!! O0 O0 (Two thumps WAY UP!!)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview