PlayBuddy
June 13, 2024, 06:00:28 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I.C.E. your cell phone!

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

Ok, I don't typically post in the "Off-Topic" area as I don't normally have anything but Pogo on my mind but in this case, I thought it was important enough to pass this along. Everyone should "I.C.E." their cell phones. I.C.E. stands for "In Case of Emergency" and it's used in case you're in an accident where you can't speak for yourself. EMTs and others in hand can grab your mobile unit and by searching thru the address book, can know who to call on your behalf. This saves ALOT of time and worries so that if something was to happen, you can rest assure your dentist is not being called for an emergency or the babysitter but someone who you've already pre-assigned as your emergency contact person. It's not something that cost any extra money. All you do is add the letters "I.C.E." in front of a persons name or just give "I.C.E." it's own spot in your address book. Anyplace you want, just as long as it's visible. It's a small tip I believe started after the London attacks a few weeks ago that they're training EMTs to look for here in the States.

Ok, that's it for me. Back to playing my Pogo Mobile where the likely emergency on my side is my thumb has fallin' off (still need 3 badges!)

just-a-cheater

Thanks for the wonderful idea, never thought of that, boy any EMT would have to try 100+ before you got the right one, mine is coded, there is no - mom dad, or even home in my book O0

Betty Boop

i can tell you that the phone companies and the cell companies are starting to get on board with this as well....they are encouraging all to ICE their phones....and I have 2 on there just in case...wonderful idea...and both of my ICE contacts also have copies of my living will as well.......

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Homer

Oh boy! It's gonna be a long night isn't it?  :P LOL

Barbara

Gosh Homer, I was so expecting you to make a "push number 2" joke.  Oh my, I can't believe I just said that.  Three years of charm school shot to hell.

Homer

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview