This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Hurricane kartina

Started by touitsjesse,

Previous topic - Next topic

touitsjesse

already said to be as the second strongest hurricane ever to hit the area its going to hit, its still packing power. My deepest regards go out now to the members that live in the area of New Orleans and a radius of 100 miles.

As a someone who has studied the weather for the last 3 years, i have not seen one of this enormous size yet, even before i began studying. If you wish to see the size of this hurricane and track its movements, please use the link below. It is a doppler site i use to see all weather anywhere in the US.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar/loop/DS.p20-r/si.klix.shtml

BigByrd

I am just sitting here in Baton Rouge waiting.  It amazes me that the storm is right now getting to New Orleans, but we here in Baton Rouge has seen very little rain or wind as yet.

Country Lady

Thanks for the link, pretty  impressive storm.  I hope the people that can't get out are ok, when this is over.

xxDragonGoddessxx

Thanks for the link.  I have friends in New Orleans.  I am worried about them.  I sure do hope that storm goes away soon.  I also have family and friends in Florida.

xxDragonGoddessxx

I just heard something on my tv about katrina.  The news guy said that the worst had gone through and that she was at catagory 2.  And that half a million ppl in New Orleans, Alabama, and Mississippi are without power.  Thought I would give ya'll an update.  They didnt say anything about anybody being hurt.  They just said most ppl road out the storm.

Rachel

:-[ I am in south alabama here and katrina was just to  the west of me by maybe 40-50 miles still have winds here and expecting more throught the day but still got electricity, My sister lives in Pascagoula mississippi and they were gonna try and stick it out there I hope they are ok... as it is not far from mobile and where the eye of the storm came in,.

xxDragonGoddessxx

I will keep u all in my prayers that u will all be ok.  I hate storms like this. 

Rachel

:) Just a little bit of good news. Katrina is now a tropical storm no longer a hurricane, still windy and rainy here in Alabama but the latest I have hear was of 2 deaths associated with this horrible storm... I am yet to hear from my sister or fiances grandmother who are both located near pascagoula mississippi and not far from where eye of storm entered. Most of the phones and power are out in the area from what I understand I was lucky many power outtages in Alabama but mine is ok. My fiance is on storm duty with the electric company in Demopolis Alabama I am yet to hear from him either I am glad the storm missed where I am me being home with 2 very small children alone. TY for your prayers they are much appreciated. I will continue to pray for the ppl of louisiana and Mississippi as they experienced the worst part of the storm. I have heard that mobile and New Orleans are up to 9 ft underwater, in several places.

Barbara

Yep, whole family live in Mobile.
http://www.redcross.org/
Donate and let's get these people back on their feet again.

tvc

This was a devastating storm and I cried when I saw the news of what happened to these ppl affected I too will be making a donation to help as I urge all ppl to do The Red Cross what a great organisation.

Barbara

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview