This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

easy way to win at checkers

Started by rhinogeon,

Previous topic - Next topic

rhinogeon

::) whats the fastest way to do the checkers badge. let opponet resign,, or let them make a few jumps then   resign..?
any help please

Barbara

If you are talking about this weeks challenge, you have to win 6,000 tokens, without the tokens from the jackpot spin.  That means that you have to play.  There may be a way around this that will be discovered tomorrow when the challenge opens.  I am not sure if you get extra points for crowning a piece.  There once was a challenge where we could manipulate this by crowning a piece, undoing the move and then doing it again.  Let's try this tomorrow and see if it bulks up our score.

PogoNutz

I went and played it.  I didn't take very good notes but you get something like 5 points when you jump someone, 50 or 55 when you get kinged (or queened being pc) then more points for the win all before the jackpot spin.  The game I won got me around 275 points.  The only "trick" I figured out was to not win the game too fast if you don't have to.  If you have unkinged pieces, get them all kinged before you finish it off.

Based on my totally unscientific findings, you'd need around 24 wins to get the badge.  I played against a bot and lost the first one and won the second.  I lost the first one because....oh yeah, I wanted to document what happened so that....oh yeah, I could share it here :)  Obviously I could have won both of them but I took one for the team (and it doesn't count today anyway)

Barbara

Ack!  This is going to be worse than a boil implant to get this badge.  We'll find a way to get it though because we always do.   >:D

bobby

bobby

Barbara

You have great idea and I appreciate them all, thanks!

bobby

now it says the challenge does not include jackpot spins >:(

holly312

hope this helps,

UPCOMING CHALLENGES

Checkers: Win 6,000 tokens this week!

+5 Tokens for any single jumps
+20 for double jump
+25 Tokens for kinged piece
+55 for capturing kinged piece

The best way to get alot of points, as you can see from the tokens chart, is to capture kinged pieces. So, you and a friend, can go over to checkers, get a private table. No need to play with forfeit timer, unless you are worried your friend might fall asleep lol.
Then, move your checkers pieces across the board, and try NOT to capture any pieces if ya can, and try to get all the pieces you have kinged. As you move across the board, make room on your side of the board, for your buddies pieces to get through and get kinged. If you have at least one kinged piece, you can move it back and forth between 2 spots, to give your buddy a chance to get some pieces kinged. You may need to sacrifice a few pieces to open a space up for pieces to get kinged. You start with 12 pieces, but capturing just 10 kinged pieces is 550 tokens:)

I played a game today, with my buddy  and she captured all my pieces, which were all kinged, and won the game for 760 total tokens. She only had one kinged piece left on the board, and I got 540 tokens, without jp spin:). So if ya take your time, and set yourselves up to capture as many kinged pieces as you can, without having to sacrifice but a few regular pieces, you can obtain alot of tokens, without playing a massive amount of games to reach 6000. gl

Barbara

Thank you for the hints.  I am sure this will come in handy for tomorrow's challenge.  I appreciate that you took the time to do this research for the forum members.

crankycook

Thank you Holly, i was just trying to write the same thing, i found that out last week getting the king of the checkers badge for a friend of mine. got some really nice tokies that way, anywhere from 500 to 700 with out the jackpot, good luck all

rhinogeon

O0thanks everyone i apprecaite all the feedback.. if something new comes up post it here for all !!

bubblegum

i like checkers, but 6000 tokens seems like a lot, esp if its not counting jp spins

holly312

rhino

LaundryLady

Holly312,

That was a beautiful explanation, hope u dont mind that I borrowed it to spread around.

Lynn

HotHarvest

I double browsed, got most of my pieces kinged, then set them in a row that was jumpable, and the tokens soared! 8)
I won 540 on one account, and the 270 on mine, great if you are double browsing! Good Luck! O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview