PlayBuddy
June 12, 2024, 03:22:51 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Spyware Software

Started by justcurious,

Previous topic - Next topic

justcurious

I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone.  I was wondering what kind of spyware everyone uses.  I have Adaware and Spybot.  I usually really like Adaware, but it keeps freezing on me everytime I use it.   :-[  Spybot works, but it just doesn't seem to be as thorough as Adaware.  So I was hoping to find a new one to use.  Thanks for your input.   :)

number1pogocheater

I use ad-aware, yahoo's anti spy and microsoft's antispyware, they all work great and to get rid of spyware you should always use more than one program.

Snarechick

I run Norton Internet Security (Spyware protection, anti-spam, firewall, etc) and McAfee suite (everything all in one like Norton) along with the AOL spyware protection program they offer.  Norton seems to pick up programs and block intrusions all of the time, McAfee every now and again, and the AOL program picks them up once in a great while.

Then again, I run two firewalls and rarely download from sources I'm not familiar with...so not much gets through.

knothead

I have Spysweeper and Search and Destroy.  The spysweeper worked for me for a little while then I would stop catching things so I downloaded Search and Destroy and it works really good.

crankycook

I use AdAware, Spy bot Serach and Destroy, and Microsoft anti spywear, as well as Cw Shedder, along with AVG antivirus, and have had no problems with any of them

foxx

I once asked this question as well...

Homer suggested Trend Micro's PCcillin internet security...tried it, love it.

Has a spyware detector and scan...virus protection and scan...blocks phishing as well.

You can try it free for (I think) 45 days...maybe 30...

www.trendmicro.com

Hope this helps...
foxx

Betty Boop

i run AdAware, Spybot and Ewido, in that order and each one finds stuff the other one did not...go figure

sleauxmeaux

I use Spyware Blaster and Ad-Aware. Also have CA Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware.

MS Anti-Spyware allows some things it shouldn't as there are a couple of places that are MS partners (Claria/Gator comes to mind), plus it causes issues on my system... had to do a system restore two different times because of it, and it wasn't due to actual spyware.

Outblast

Spybot Search & Destroy

and

Spyware Doctor

spyware doctor is extremely effective!  i recommend it to anyone and everyone.

underdog

I use   Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta 1  It's free and it works really good. Never had a problem with it. Remember to always back up your system before making any changes.

exquisate

I used Giant Spyware (now Microsoft spyware)  SpyBot and Adaware, and what ever AOL loads on my PC.  NO! I dont have AOL dial up! I have DSL and AOL broadband, dial up sucked!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview