PlayBuddy
June 11, 2024, 11:14:30 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pogo mobile

Started by lovebug44,

Previous topic - Next topic

lovebug44

Enyong know when pogo is going to add more phones? I have a sanyo vi-2300 by sprint and it sucks that i cant play pogo on it :'(

SaintHiρρo

It will probably depend on the time it takes to configure the games for each phone type and if Verizon (or any other carrier down the line) decides to enable the game for that phone.

Ellanora

I'm due for a renew on my Verizon.

I was only able to play the turbo game on my old Motorola flip phone.

Any suggestions on which phone I should get to play the other new games?

Thank you for any info :)

Homer

I have the LG 8100 which is supposed to be their top of the line model. It currently only carries 2 of the 3 games. (TriPeaks and T21) From what I understand Poopit will be added shortly.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

pogohatesme

Quote from: Homer on November 13, 2005, 08:10:01 AM
I have the LG 8100 which is supposed to be their top of the line model. It currently only carries 2 of the 3 games. (TriPeaks and T21) From what I understand Poopit will be added shortly.

ohhhhhh is Poopit it the new game where spike poops the balloons out??!!??  lol sorry couldn't resist

Cody

I'm surprised they dont have Cingular as a provider since Cingular usually has everything. but I guess I'll just have to wait.

Fluffy756

Quote from: Cody on November 13, 2005, 01:49:37 PM
I'm surprised they dont have Cingular as a provider since Cingular usually has everything. but I guess I'll just have to wait.

I wish they would have so I can play for those badges.

fluffy

uh-huh

Yes I am rather annoyed with pogo over the Mobile badges..... nothing like discriminating..... Kinda like saying only blonde haired blue eyed people with a certain amount of money can play for badges......  If they are going to have badges it should be available for all members not just a select few.  I know in a few states and countries, they dont have the choice of verizon as a carrier.  Now if you have had verizon for a while then more than likely your gonna be required to BUY new phone then pay the 6 dollars for the games.  Most of the phones that work for the games are at least 100 bux.  And like homer said some have 1 game maybe 2 but not all 3.  I know a friend went out and bought a new phone actually 2 of them and one phone ( their newest model) has none of the games... but check back regularly and the other has only 2 games available.  I refuse to go buy a phone to play a game I already have two carriers in my family... Tmobile and Nextel not about to add verizon into the mix.

*Angel*

I am also pissed off about the whole idea of them not having Cingular.  I don't want to get Verizon, and have to switch everything.  I called Cingular and they know nothing about getting the Pogo games.  It's very discouraging!   :'(

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: uh-huh on November 13, 2005, 03:25:57 PM
Yes I am rather annoyed with pogo over the Mobile badges..... nothing like discriminating..... Kinda like saying only blonde haired blue eyed people with a certain amount of money can play for badges......  If they are going to have badges it should be available for all members not just a select few.  I know in a few states and countries, they dont have the choice of verizon as a carrier.  Now if you have had verizon for a while then more than likely your gonna be required to BUY new phone then pay the 6 dollars for the games.  Most of the phones that work for the games are at least 100 bux.  And like homer said some have 1 game maybe 2 but not all 3.  I know a friend went out and bought a new phone actually 2 of them and one phone ( their newest model) has none of the games... but check back regularly and the other has only 2 games available.  I refuse to go buy a phone to play a game I already have two carriers in my family... Tmobile and Nextel not about to add verizon into the mix.

The last thing I'd thought I've ever do is defend Pogo but you have to understand that when it comes to all these different providers, you will have to tweak each game for their service and that takes time. It's not like the internet where you put something out there and it looks the same ALMOST every place else. There are some sites that look great on IE and some that looks better on Firefox. Same with Pogo mobile games. Pogo has already said they're working on getting the mobile games out to as many providers as possible but it takes time. They could have held back on the mobile games until they worked out a contract with every mobile phone provider in the US, Canada and certain parts of the world but they didn't because they knew if they could get it out now, word of mouth will help future sales. In terms of badges (which I purposely waited until now to get to), alot of people who have the option of downloading these 3 Pogo games are doing it just for the badges and won't play the game again after they completed it (myself an example with Poppit & Turbo 21) but that's only an extra added feature that comes along with it. Pogo is not forcing us to download these games on our phones. They're not forcing us to wake up early on Wednesdays to go after badges. Those are all extra added benefits to being apart of Club Pogo and something we're suppose to enjoy doing. So no need to complain about having a choice to do something. If you chose not to get it, then you don't. And one last thing before I end this message: Motorola V710 has all 3 games so if you're thinking of getting a new phone, there's 1 choice right there!

-=R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero - The flame from your Latino Heat will forever burn on!

uh-huh

"Those are all extra added benefits to being apart of Club Pogo and something we're suppose to enjoy doing. "

That is true it is an added benefit.... but they made it a benefit for ONLY a select few is the problem, your right we dont have to do it on Wed or any time.... BUT we do have the option to do so if we choose... unlike the mobile badges.... there we have no choice, if we dont live in an area that provides verizon cellular service.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: uh-huh on November 13, 2005, 07:29:30 PM
"Those are all extra added benefits to being apart of Club Pogo and something we're suppose to enjoy doing. "

That is true it is an added benefit.... but they made it a benefit for ONLY a select few is the problem, your right we dont have to do it on Wed or any time.... BUT we do have the option to do so if we choose... unlike the mobile badges.... there we have no choice, if we dont live in an area that provides verizon cellular service.

As stated before, they were able to get the mobile games out for Verizon for the time being. They're still trying to make it available to other providers so everyone who has a mobile phone can one day enjoy the Pogo Mobile games. It's not like they said "we're only doing Verizon and if you want badges, you need to switch to them, have a friend get it for you or forget about it" because then we would have a reason to complain. Good things come to those who wait and if the urge to play the mobile games are soooooo great, then you might want to consider getting a Verizon phone capible of playing the Pogo Mobile games from outside your area and just bring it back with you. Otherwise, the current web-based games are good too.

*Angel*

I can understand that it takes time to get it to work for all carriers.  I am just upset that I can't get it right now.  I am very impatient, and I admit that.  I just wish there was some type of date that I could look forward to instead of wondering if it will ever happen.  I have no problem waiting if I know it's gonna happen and sort of when that will be. 

Roseybud333

I get Parent's magazine in the mail and there is a little acticle in there about Pogo Mobile and it says call ur sprint or verizon dealers to get these games. I dunno just thought I would share O0

DaraLynn25

I have Nextel and I don't think we will ever get the pogo mobile games on our phones

Homer

Never say never. If enough users ask for it you never know. ;)

DaraLynn25

very true but I don't know anyone who plays on pogo in my area

uh-huh

wow.... not to be rude but I think hippo is very very defensive to the point of being rude when it comes to protecting Pogo or verizon... you either have major stock in both or work for them.    Yeah and awesome suggestion.... why dont those people who live in states who arent serviced by verizon or out of country  run over to the US to buy a verizon phone..... oh dont worry the roaming charges wont be anything you cant pay off by mortgaging your home.

Homer

Quote from: uh-huh on November 14, 2005, 04:01:53 PM
wow.... not to be rude but I think hippo is very very defensive to the point of being rude when it comes to protecting Pogo or verizon... you either have major stock in both or work for them.    Yeah and awesome suggestion.... why dont those people who live in states who arent serviced by verizon or out of country  run over to the US to buy a verizon phone..... oh dont worry the roaming charges wont be anything you cant pay off by mortgaging your home.

I do not feel Saint Hippo's post is being rude. They are just stating that right now Verizon is the only carrier that has it. If you don't have Verizon then you will need to wait until the games become available on other carriers. I'm sure pogo will release the games on most major carriers but it will take time.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: uh-huh on November 14, 2005, 04:01:53 PM

1) I would love to work for Pogo as it would enable me to actually win a game every once in a while and or a JP or something else along those line.

2) I'm only stating the facts based on what Pogo said in terms of the mobile games and them trying to make it available to many different providers.

3) I'm a Verizon customer with a mobile phone from Los Angeles. I don't live in LA but I used to and if you get the Nationwide Plan, you're never roaming! That takes care of that.

4) The Terms and Conditions of PogoCheats.net states that this site it not allowed to be used by Pogo, it's workers, people associated, blah blah blah. Why would I sign up, give out my IP address to PogoCheats.net and set myself up for the possiblity of legal issues being taken against me by violating the rules if I worked for or with Pogo? It's pointless.

I'm a big fan of this site. I don't come on here and cause problems or post nothing but negative comments like a lot of people on here. I do, however, reply when I see something being said that I might have even the slightest bit of information on, such as this topic. Now, because I happen to give some answers and advice you don't happen to want to hear, it doesn't make me a "spy" or whatever for Pogo. But thanks for the comments, it made me feel good for a brief moment! And TY Homer. I had no intentions, nor do I ever want to come off as rude.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview