PlayBuddy
May 02, 2024, 06:33:14 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Mobile Questions

Started by CleoinOK,

Previous topic - Next topic

CleoinOK

Hi!  I'm new here and my husband is a club pogo addict.  In fact, the availability of the mobile badges has persuaded him that a cell phone wouldn't be that bad after all. 
   I bought him a Cingular phone for Christmas and had it set up as a go phone...it is an LG 1300.  Does anyone know of any problems with this model? 
   As far as the token uploads, does anyone know about how many Kb they are? 
   Thank you!!

Cleo

Homer

You'll need to check with your carrier to see if any pogo games are available on your phone. The games are not available on all phones.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CleoinOK

Two of the games are available for this phone, but I had heard that there may be a problem with uploading tokens, and was wondering if anyone else had this phone and had any problems.  We can take it back and get a different one if we need to so that he can get his pogo fix. 

BigByrd

There is a list of unacceptable phones in the faq section at pogo I believe.  If your phone doesn't upload tokens or rank progress then you won't be happy.

CleoinOK

Quote from: BigByrd on December 20, 2005, 05:21:39 PM
There is a list of unacceptable phones in the faq section at pogo I believe.  If your phone doesn't upload tokens or rank progress then you won't be happy.

I am not finding the faq very helpful.  It says that the phone I bought works with the games in one place, and in another says that there may be problems uploading the tokens.  I'm not sure which one to believe, so I guess we'll just try it out and see.  Thank you for the reply!

*Angel*

My friend has the LG 1300 and boy does it suck when it comes to Pogo games.  I had the Motorola V220 and it worked well for Poppit and Turbo. Never did try Tri Peaks.  Now I have a Motorola V551 and it doesn't seem to have any of the game available.

Where is this list that you guys are speaking of?  I can't seem to find it.  I think I am looking in the wrong place.

LadyMystik

Quote from: *Angel* on December 20, 2005, 11:46:31 PM
My friend has the LG 1300 and boy does it suck when it comes to Pogo games.  I had the Motorola V220 and it worked well for Poppit and Turbo. Never did try Tri Peaks.  Now I have a Motorola V551 and it doesn't seem to have any of the game available.

Where is this list that you guys are speaking of?  I can't seem to find it.  I think I am looking in the wrong place.

Go to the help section, then in the advanced section, put in the boxes:

Mobile
Pogo Mobile
All Subs

Then search for "phone"

Answer #2 is for Cingular, and answer #3 is for Verizon

Hope this helps!

*Angel*

Thank you!!  That led me in the right direction precisely. 

Lish

Cingular sucks  >:(  A bunch of their LG, Samsung {which I have} and a few others apparently "don't have the ability to upload tokens" according to EA {I finally got this answer after about 3 weeks of email tag with them}.  I am NOT happy, because the Cingular website STILL does not inform you of this.

LadyMystik

BigByrd

Quote from: Lish on December 21, 2005, 04:55:38 AM
Cingular sucks  >:(  A bunch of their LG, Samsung {which I have} and a few others apparently "don't have the ability to upload tokens" according to EA {I finally got this answer after about 3 weeks of email tag with them}.  I am NOT happy, because the Cingular website STILL does not inform you of this.

You won't have a problem getting a refund for the games you can't play.  LOL.  I'm so happy my phone works. 

Homer

I wouldn't worry about the tokens. If you need tokens that badly you can let YUIOP run and you'll get more than you can handle. The mobile games are more about the badges than the tokens.

yea

i wouldnt use that phone becausee i have that phone and u can downlod the games but u will not be able to log in on one and then other will say server error.

chunkster

I have T-Mobile so who knows when I'll ever get to try any of these games :(

Homer

I find it interesting how pogo and your cell phone company constantly blame each other for games not being available. I ask my cell phone company why I can't get poopit on my phone and they tell me to contact pogo. You ask pogo and they tell you to contact your carrier. LOL Hopefully things will be ironed out soon so we all can enjoy the services offered.

Jewel

Does anyone have a cingular mobile that they can do all 3 of the games on without any problems that they can recommend for me to get?

Homer

Whatever you do don't go to a Cingular store and ask about pogo mobile. They'll stare at you like your wearing that tree on your head and say.....Pogo what? :o

BigByrd

Quote from: Jewel on December 21, 2005, 05:37:58 PM
Does anyone have a cingular mobile that they can do all 3 of the games on without any problems that they can recommend for me to get?

I have a motorola v180, plays all three games.

Jewel

Quote from: Homer on December 21, 2005, 05:41:12 PM
Whatever you do don't go to a Cingular store and ask about pogo mobile. They'll stare at you like your wearing that tree on your head and say.....Pogo what? :o

Yeah, I figured that would be what would happen so that's why I thought I would just ask here, where people know what they are talking about.  ;)

Jewel

Quote from: BigByrd on December 21, 2005, 05:57:19 PM
Quote from: Jewel on December 21, 2005, 05:37:58 PM

I have a motorola v180, plays all three games.

ty, bigbyrd, is that the only phone you know of that plays all 3? I know the nokia 3100/3120 does as well, but I couldn't find anyone that carried that phone here and I thought it was a basic model.

I thought maybe if I went carrying a list of phones that can get them, I might have better luck at least finding one of them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview