PlayBuddy
June 06, 2024, 02:45:54 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NASCAR

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a NASCAR fan?

Yes
100 (74.1%)
No
35 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Homer

Quote from: gator8_24 on September 12, 2009, 09:07:40 AM
You and others have  fallen for the press and other Junior haters on that line, It's old and over used. He can't drive when the car falls apart, could you?  But who gets the loudest cheers at a race? ( I know I sound like still a Jr fan but don't like him being kicked around or any other driver having such said about him)

He's got the best car he has ever driven. When he was with DEI he whined about his equipment and that they didn't put enough money into R&D. When he went to Hendrick he could no longer make that claim. Hendrick is one of the best if not the best car builder in Nascar. At some point you have to stop blaming everyone else and point the finger at the driver. With Junior it always seems to be someone else's fault and never his own. Besides, who's fault is it when you miss your pit twice in the same race?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Homer

Quote from: gator8_24 on September 12, 2009, 09:10:16 AM
Whjo are you talking about?  Kyle has  never won a cup championship. Now if Gordon that is a different story.. I think he's a tad frustrated this season (mark got the cars LOL) and happy being married and a father. I Like Jeff.

I'm talking about Jeff.

Kyle Petty only has 8 wins lifetime. Junior couldn't beat Ricky Bobby  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

17MattFan

Quote from: gator8_24 on September 12, 2009, 09:07:40 AM
You and others have  fallen for the press and other Junior haters on that line, It's old and over used. He can't drive when the car falls apart, could you?  But who gets the loudest cheers at a race? ( I know I sound like still a Jr fan but don't like him being kicked around or any other driver having such said about him)

lol i knew i would get it on that subject but it's ok
i just dont see what the big deal is about him he's not even that good,,i guess the same could be said for matt also.
Believe me i get alot of sh## for liking him but he is my driver. they all have their  good days and bad.
and yes i watch every single race i know about problems with the cars matt has had his share lol.
1 thing race fans will never agree on is WHO IS THE BEST!!!
i do not never have never will like jeff or jimmy but they are very good i have to give them that.
my point is they are not the only drivers in this sport there are others  that are good also maybe not as good as those 2 but close 2 it.

i do agree with you on 1 thing about mark i did like him at 1 time but not anymore. even though he sems to be doing better than ever.

gator8_24

Quote from: 17mattfan on September 12, 2009, 09:22:44 AM

i do agree with you on 1 thing about mark i did like him at 1 time but not anymore. even though he sems to be doing better than ever.

cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif yea! WE agree on one thing!  giggle2.gif

Hocky

One thing is for certain...in every sport...you have your front runners.  NBA there is Shaq and Kobe.  NFL Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Peyton Manning.  MLB Jeter, A-Rod,etc...You will always have the arrogant ones, the quiet ones, the bad boys, the good boys.

There will always be the people who jump on the bandwagon for who is the latest and greatest....then you have people who have their favorites for personal reasons.  Maybe they are from their hometown, maybe they are an underdog, or maybe they are the hardest working person on the team but don't get any recognition.

I think the expectation of junior IS to be a great champion like his dad.  The fact that he is not having a great career paves the way for haters.  You can blame it on multiple reasons or one reason.  It is not his fault that the public compares him to his daddy.  I don't have any feelings towards his driving ability either way.

I do not have a particular driver that I root for.  I am on a fantasy league and I have multiple drivers that I have to root for every race.  I like NASCAR in general.  Even though alot of the tracks are boring with no crashes..there are some exciting moments.

17MattFan

just wanted to say WTG  beer11.gif to all those whose drivers made it into the Race for the Chase..

as every 1 knows by now Matt didnt make it bummer.

so my next choice would be i can just imagine the replies from this is KYLE BUSCH(this was a joke)
i know he didnt make it in....lol

anyway good luck 2 u all hope ur favorite wins.

Homer

Quote from: 17mattfan on September 15, 2009, 09:22:50 AM
just wanted to say WTG  beer11.gif to all those whose drivers made it into the Race for the Chase..

as every 1 knows by now Matt didnt make it bummer.

so my next choice would be i can just imagine the replies from this is KYLE BUSCH

anyway good luck 2 u all hope ur favorite wins.

nothing wrong with a little bush  zipper.gif

hunter13

kyle made the chase thought he was out by like 8 points

hunter13

Hocky

Here are the drivers in the chase in order from NASCAR.com

1     Mark Martin     5,040     --
2    Tony Stewart    5,030    -10
3    Jimmie Johnson    5,030    -10
4    Denny Hamlin    5,020    -20
5    Kasey Kahne    5,020    -20
6    Jeff Gordon    5,010    -30
7    Kurt Busch    5,010    -30
8    Brian Vickers    5,010    -30
9    Carl Edwards    5,000    -40
10    Ryan Newman    5,000    -40
11    Juan Montoya    5,000    -40
12    Greg Biffle    5,000    -40

As you can see........KYLE Busch is NOT in the chase, but brother KURT is.

17MattFan

lol i know he didnt make it i was jk. actually i know whose in the chase i posted a topic about who people thinks will  win the championship.

hoping its carl!!

Hocky

Homer

Hocky

OMG!  Did you all see Joey Logano flip about 8 times at lap 31?  HOLY CRAP!  Thank goodness he is ok!  no-no.gif

gator8_24

Quote from: hocky on September 27, 2009, 12:30:59 PM
OMG!  Did you all see Joey Logano flip about 8 times at lap 31?  HOLY CRAP!  Thank goodness he is ok!  no-no.gif
I was wondering if he beat E Sadler's Dega flips a couple years ago.

Homer

JAYREMI

c-mon  88 u can do it hysterical.gif only 1 lap down this week  cheerleading.gif maybe he should try racing big wheels hysterical.gif JAY coffee.gif

Hocky

Uh oh.......Jr. is leading....but for how long?  lipsrsealed.gif

*EDIT*  Well, we knew that wouldn't last long....he finished in his usual fashion....35th!  giggle2.gif

gator8_24

Quote from: hocky on October 04, 2009, 11:47:54 AM
Uh oh.......Jr. is leading....but for how long?  lipsrsealed.gif

*EDIT*  Well, we knew that wouldn't last long....he finished in his usual fashion....35th!  giggle2.gif

Well, he could have jogged around the track. Can't do much with a blown engine. I missed the whole thing , took a nap

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview