PlayBuddy
June 05, 2024, 04:09:57 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NASCAR

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a NASCAR fan?

Yes
100 (74.1%)
No
35 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on September 01, 2007, 07:11:38 AM
Quote from: gator8 on September 01, 2007, 12:49:13 AM
Quote from: Homer on August 31, 2007, 05:01:28 PM
Quote from: gator8 on August 31, 2007, 04:55:06 PM
With the race in Calif. this weekend and Monday is a holiday, race start times are late!  Busch tmw nite is at9:45PM ET and the cup race is Sunday 8PMET. prerace is at 7PM,  it will prob'ly be a dull race , as usual and Junior is gonna blow! :?: :?: :?: :& :;

:)) :)) :))

It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature but I do that also.

LOL you are not fooling mother nature, just yourself  :oo besides you changed my post!  :)))

Homer

Read an article today that Mountain Dew will be Jr's new sponsor next year.

gator8_24

M Waltrip's crash.

(BETTER VIDEO)

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on September 05, 2007, 06:50:41 PM

Or an energy drink made by Mtn Dew

Ricky Rudd got a separated shoulder in his wrecK & will not drive this weekend. Think Kenny Wallace is to drive for him.

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on September 05, 2007, 10:33:09 PM

Ricky Rudd got a separated shoulder in his wrecK & will not drive this weekend. Think Kenny Wallace is to drive for him.

That will probably be Ricky's last race. He was supposed to retire at the end of this year.

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on September 06, 2007, 06:35:30 AM
Quote from: gator8 on September 05, 2007, 10:33:09 PM

That will probably be Ricky's last race. He was supposed to retire at the end of this year.

Hope it wasn't his last race, would be nice if he can end the career with a few races. :?:

Homer

gator8_24

Wish this race would end!  Junior didn't sound like he had a very positive attitude tonight.So far he's in top 5 but DEI just doesn't give him good equipment and he mentioned that tonight. This is going to be a long end of the season! Not just for Junior but all drivers not in the top 12.

jrzydvl

Homer

Jewel

I am so proud of Junior!!!!! He has done an awesome job with the chevette's he gets to drive week after week. And wow he was looking good tonight.  VV hehehee

jrzydvl

Quote from: Homer on September 08, 2007, 08:54:09 PM
Another DNF for Junior. :)) :)) :))

its all good he did a good job tonight but next year he shouldnt have that problem  and be in the chse again

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on September 08, 2007, 08:54:09 PM
Another DNF for Junior. :)) :)) :))

:oo :pp :o0 :!$ ?.? there, that should cover my reply! :)) :))

Homer

Sources: Dale Jr. to race in No. 88 car next season
By David Newton
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: September 14, 2007, 5:06 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
LOUDON, N.H. -- Fans who liked watching Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the No. 8 since he moved to the Nextel Cup series eight years ago will double their pleasure in 2008.

Earnhardt will drive two stylized 8s next season for Hendrick Motorsports, sources told ESPN.com on Friday.

Robert Yates Racing, sources said, has agreed to sell the No. 88 that Dale Jarrett drove to the 1999 championship.

The car, which sources said will be sponsored by Mountain Dew and the Amp energy drink, will be revealed for the first time at a Wednesday press conference in Dallas.

Earnhardt, whose Busch Series car is the No. 88, would not confirm the report.

"Everybody will have to wait 'till Wednesday," he said. "We looked at a lot of different options and we have a lot of different trademarks. People are pretty familiar with what we're looking at as far as that goes."

Earnhardt had hoped the No. 8 would follow him from Dale Earnhardt Inc. to HMS. But when he couldn't reach a deal with stepmother/team owner Teresa Earnhardt, he began exploring other options.

As many as seven numbers were considered, most of them containing an 8.

"It's going to be a lot of fun to really see the reaction of the fans and I hope that they really enjoy what we're going to do," Earnhardt said. "We've been having a lot of fun with design and with the approach and sort of forming what our identity is going to be on the race track and off the track.

"It's going to be lots and lots of work. The hardest part is not changing anything you do personally about your personality or your mannerisms or anything and trying to get them to understand that that's who you are."

NASCAR's most popular driver isn't surprised by the amount of attention his number change has gotten among fans.

"It's a big deal," he said. "It's a really big deal. I don't know how to gauge the level of attention or compare it to anything else. But it's a pretty big deal for us.

"I'm super excited about it. I want to see changeable painted decaled racecars, and it's really going to sink in. It's sort of like waiting on Christmas."

gator8_24

To show how 'sick' I am, Jr Nation (part of JRMotorsports) is selling advance orders for 'mystery number' t shirts and hats! To be shipped shortly after Wednesday. Guess who bought a hat and shirt!  :)) :)) :))

swamp

Quote from: gator8 on September 14, 2007, 05:27:08 PM
To show how 'sick' I am, Jr Nation (part of JRMotorsports) is selling advance orders for 'mystery number' t shirts and hats! To be shipped shortly after Wednesday. Guess who bought a hat and shirt!  :)) :)) :))
:))  you need a pin to wright #88 on it  :)) :-[

gator8_24

Quote from: swampboy on September 14, 2007, 05:29:10 PM

The email just shows and big "?" on the front lol
BTW David, if u get sunshine channel they are replaying the 1998 Daytona 500 the one Dale Sr won . I'm watching while pogoing.

swamp

Quote from: gator8 on September 14, 2007, 05:31:50 PM

BTW David, if u get sunshine channel they are replaying the 1998 Daytona 500 the one Dale Sr won . I'm watching while pogoing.
:{ iam  lissing to the opry on wsm out in the barn trying to catch up on some paper work  :-{

gator8_24

Quote from: swampboy on September 14, 2007, 05:35:03 PM
Quote from: gator8 on September 14, 2007, 05:31:50 PM

:{ iam  lissing to the opry on wsm out in the barn trying to catch up on some paper work  :-{

This is doing paper work?  :)))  My Ms. Mini is ready for the nascar chase.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview