PlayBuddy
May 23, 2024, 07:31:47 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NASCAR

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a NASCAR fan?

Yes
100 (74.1%)
No
35 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 129

TmT

TmT

Quote from: gator8 on November 26, 2007, 04:07:08 PM
Naturally! :)))
now why didnt I know u were gonna respond like that... lol

gator8_24

Homer, you will get a laugh out of this news, Brian France(head of Nascar) is blaming Junior's bad season for the downfall of TV ratings of the races. :)) :))  I had a good laugh, BF can't take responsibility for bad choice of TV coverage and the new cars. Oh, well.

Also Junior won the "Most popular driver" award. Think it's aboput 4 years in  a row.  Are you laughing yet? :))

Homer

I didn't know ratings were down. You know what popular gets you right? The back of the back? :)) :)) :))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on November 30, 2007, 11:26:33 AM
I didn't know ratings were down. You know what popular gets you right? The back of the back? :)) :)) :))
LOL you got that right!  did you mean back of the pack?

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on November 30, 2007, 01:24:38 PM

Excuse me for being human. ::)

Jewel

Quote from: gator8 on November 30, 2007, 11:04:49 AM

Also Junior won the "Most popular driver" award. Think it's aboput 4 years in  a row.  Are you laughing yet? :))

Here is the article:

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Wins Fifth Consecutive NMPA Chex Most Popular Driver Award:

The final race has been run, and the checkered flag has fallen on the NASCAR racing season; but before it was all over, race fans answered the call to vote for their favorite driver. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. was voted the 2007 NASCAR NMPA Chex Most Popular Driver for the fifth consecutive year and was presented with the award today at the NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Media Luncheon in New York City.

"I'm extremely honored to win this award again, because it puts me with a very select group of drivers who I have a lot of respect for," Earnhardt, Jr. commented. "When I became a Cup driver in 1999, I never would've imagined that we'd be talking about five consecutive Most Popular Driver awards. I have a special place at JR Motorsports where I put the MPD trophies, so I'm honored to add another one to the collection. I don't want it to sound like a cliché, but this award really does mean a lot to me after all we have been through this year," continued Earnhardt, Jr.. "This year has marked a significant transition in my life and career, and I knew the fans could go either way in supporting my decision or not. It was tough, and I don't underestimate the fans' support. It's been overwhelming, and I really appreciate it."

Throughout the race season, race fans could log on to www.mostpopulardriver.com once a day and vote for their favorite driver. Voting ended on November 19 at 11:59pm/ct. A total of 3.8 million votes were cast this year, with Earnhardt, Jr. receiving 1.4 million votes.

"General Mills is very proud to once again present Dale Earnhardt, Jr. with the NASCAR NMPA Chex® Most Popular Driver award," said Becky O'Grady, Vice President of Marketing for Chex cereal. "Earnhardt, Jr. has a dedicated fan base that has supported him throughout his racing career, and each year it shows in the number of votes he receives as the most popular driver. We are honored to present this prestigious award to Dale Jr., thanks to his loyal fans."

After receiving the award this year, Earnhardt, Jr. has joined Richard Petty and Bill Elliott as the only drivers to win five straight awards. Petty won from 1974 – 1978 and Elliott won from 1984 – 1988. Other drivers who finished in this year's top 10 include Jeff Gordon, who finished second in the voting, followed by Michael Waltrip, Kasey Kahne, Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson, Elliott Sadler and Dale Jarrett. More than 50 Nextel Cup Series drivers were eligible in 2007 for the esteemed NASCAR NMPA Chex Most Popular Driver Award, which is administered by the National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA). It has been awarded annually since 1956 and is one of the oldest awards in racing. (Elevation Group of Companies PR)(11-29-2007)

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on November 30, 2007, 01:49:23 PM
Quote from: gator8 on November 30, 2007, 01:24:38 PM

Excuse me for being human. ::)
I was agreeing with you either way! :)))

Tara

Good morning everyone!  :,  :,  :,

Nascar crap is in the coffee shop, so I will put coffee shop crap over here because I can!! :o0

Homer

gator8_24

:^* :^* :?: :?: :^* :^* :?: :?: Who won the Bud Shootout?  Huh?  Junior !! :D :D The Hendrick cars were in the top five so Jr. is at the correct place for racing.

Homer

They let him win in a race that means absolutely nothing. This is why I don't like teams. Everyone should race to the finish.

Homer

gator8_24

:?: well Junior was the only Hendrick driver left in the race! But did finish in the top 10, not bad for him.

bobby

bad day for fenway racing, i think 3 cars crashed for them..yay jeffy didnt win!  :)))

Homer

Homer

Geez...if Jeffy keeps running like that he might lap the field. :o

His car is smokin' :?:

Homer

Homer

I can't believe all the garbage on the race track. Unexcusable if you ask me. ::)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview