PlayBuddy
May 23, 2024, 07:24:46 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NASCAR

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a NASCAR fan?

Yes
100 (74.1%)
No
35 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 129

gator8_24

AJ Allmendinger just won the Showdown race and Sam Hornish was 2nd so both move on to the big race.

Oh yes, Kasey Kahne was the fan voted into the all star race

Tara

Quote from: Homer on May 17, 2008, 04:21:01 PM
I don't have that.   :'((

Dry it up..its only a lame car race.  :))

Homer

Quote from: Tara on May 17, 2008, 05:55:25 PM
Dry it up..its only a lame car race.  :))

But I like watching Junior screw up.  :P

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on May 17, 2008, 06:00:28 PM
But I like watching Junior screw up.  :P

No one has screwed up yet, Kyle B is leading and are now in first pit stops. It's only a lame car race if uyou don't give a heck. :)) :))

gator8_24

Jeff is currently running 12th and Junior is 3rd.  Kyle B is having engine problems and is fading LOL

gator8_24

:^* :^* :^* :^* Kyle B blew the engine and out of the race  :^* :^* :^*

Monkey

Quote from: gator8 on May 17, 2008, 06:41:29 PM
It's only a lame car race if uyou don't give a heck. :)) :))
Exactly! And Tara doesn't.  :)) :))

Tara

Homer

sandyhook

"JR Nation"   :^*

Denny Hamlin needs a to grow up and be taken down a notch after what he did  to Brad Keselowski. civilwar.gif
I DO WHAT MY RICE KRISPISES TELL ME TO

gator8_24

Quote from: sandyhook on May 25, 2008, 12:33:33 PM
"JR Nation"   :^*

Denny Hamlin needs a to grow up and be taken down a notch after what he did  to Brad Keselowski. civilwar.gif

Denny was such an ahole over that situation.  Lecturing Brad about racing and yet Denny can be a bully on the track LOL

daveandjenn2002

What do you know.  I leave for a couple weeks and Kasey Kahne wins a couple races.  :D :?:

Oh, and Junior keeps his streak of being such an awesome driver alive.  :)) :)))

gator8_24

Thought you might get a laugh out of this, I did, believe it or not  :))

Dale Earnhardt Jr. named Most Overrated Athlete; Danica Patrick is No. 2
posted by Matt Humphrey on May 27, 2008 1:00:51 PM

Jolly Orlando Sentinel Page 2 columnist Jerry Greene will likely be drawing the wrath of many a Dale Earnhardt Jr. fan. He called Junior the sports world's most overrated athlete (read the full column here).

(Note to Junior fans, his e-mail address is jgreene@orlandosentinel.com. Tell him Matt Humphrey sent you).

For those of you who missed his argument, here it is.

It's almost a trick question because you can say it has no answer:

"Who is more deserving of their athletic celebrity status -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. or Danica Patrick?"

Zach Klein of WFTV-Ch. 9 dumped that stumper on Brian Schmitz and me during Sunday Showdown, what I like to think of as the best five minutes in TV sports, especially in its time period of 11:45 p.m.

Schmitz said Earnhardt is more deserving. I chose Danica and then blurted something like: "Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the most overrated athlete in American sports today."

Schmitz muttered to me: "Be careful when you start your car."

The wrath of Earnhardt nation aside, did I mean that? After all, it was television -- and people will say and do anything on television. We all know that.

So, did I mean it?

Absolutely.

Who else could it be? Earnhardt is a giant, especially after switching teams and cars, generating all that new merchandise flying off the shelves. Too bad he can't go that fast in his car. Yes, he's third in current NASCAR Big Guy standings but he didn't finish among the top drivers in two of the last three seasons and, this is my killer fact -- has not had a Sprint Cup victory in 74 starts dating back two years.

And he has been voted NASCAR's MPD -- "Most Popular Driver" -- for five consecutive years. Would that be true if he were Dale Jones Jr.?

So he wins our MORA -- Most OverRated Athlete.

But Danica would be second because how much attention would she be getting if she was Dan Patrick? (Wait a second, you don't suppose she really is Dan Patrick? -- Nah.)

Homer

At least Danica has won a race in the last 3 years. I've been telling you for a long time Junior is over-rated. He only gets this attention because of who his daddy is. BTW I loved how he kissed the wall this weekend. :)) :)) :))

I was hoping Danica would slug that guy.  :)))

Junior couldn't win if I spotted him the first 499 miles.  :)) :)) :))

gator8_24

Oh I can only hope that Jr wins one this year.  It kinda weird that he is leading the other Hendrick drivers in standings!  Even Jeffy and Jimmie are having a bad year,although Jimmie has won 1 race. :?: :?:

daveandjenn2002

Quote from: Homer on May 28, 2008, 01:54:59 PM
Junior is over-rated. He only gets this attention because of who his daddy is.

amen, Homer.

I've always said.  If Juniors last name were Smith, he's be just another driver.  But, he's making a killing off his Daddy's name.  His Dad was one hell of a driver and if deserving of all the honors bestowed him.  But his kid isn't the best driver and until he wins a championship or 4, he'll always be in Gordons shadow.

gator8_24

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he can't help it that his parents named him Dale Jr and that his last name is the same as his father. Your last names are the same as your father's.  Dale Sr basically threatened his wife that the baby had best be a boy (they had a girl already), so put some of that name game blame on Dale Sr and that daddy wanted his son to race.  Put alot of that name blame on the press who make a big deal out of the situation. Then add on the fans who don't like jr just because of the press he never asked to recieve.  No matter what occupation Jr went into he would still be said to be milking his family (dad) name to further himself. So stop

Tara

Quote from: gator8 on May 29, 2008, 08:42:52 AM
Dale Sr basically threatened his wife that the baby had best be a boy (they had a girl already), so put some of that name game blame on Dale Sr and that daddy wanted his son to race. 

gator8_24

Yes Dale Sr did say that to his then current wife.  Read a bit about Dale Sr and Brenda's life.

Tara

Quote from: gator8 on May 29, 2008, 03:06:54 PM
  Read a bit about Dale Sr and Brenda's life.

Ummmm, no thanks. I'd rather read a biography of an ant.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview