PlayBuddy
June 08, 2024, 10:20:41 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Ricky Williams

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Guess who failed his 4th drug test? Guess that's why it's called dope. ???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2336760

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SaintHiρρo

LoL. After I failed for the 8th time, I decided: "I'm never going to make to Junior Varsity team!"

bobby

ricky williams just looks like a stoner, even if he never used drugs :D

foxx

The thing that gets me about this is the total acceptance of alcohol as a totally okay thing to do for professional atheletes...I am not condoning Ricky's pot smoking, but seriously...don't we think drinking is just as bad of an example to send to kids? 

Ok. Off my high horse....time for a martini and a hit or two... ;)

pogohatesme

My bf is from FL and is a HUGE Dolphins fan.....he usually know's all this news before I do and now I have something I can know before him...anyway......I've said all along that the Fins should have NEVER taken him back in the 1st place.  He was an embarrassment to the team in the 1st place.  Everyone knew there was no way he'd make it again.  They should have never let him come back and just let some other team get him and become their headache.  Good Ridance to him.  Hopefully Nick Saban and all the other Fins leaders and teammates will learn from this mistake.

SI

Quote from: pogohatesme on February 19, 2006, 09:03:21 PM
Hopefully Nick Sabine and all the other Fins leaders and teammates will learn from this mistake.

Apparently not, if they're activeley pursuing TO.  At least Ricky "Munchies" Williams would be mellow, compared to the two-legged ego trip  ::)

pogohatesme

Quote from: DJ_SI on February 19, 2006, 09:15:09 PM
Quote from: pogohatesme on February 19, 2006, 09:03:21 PM
Hopefully Nick Sabine and all the other Fins leaders and teammates will learn from this mistake.

Apparently not, if they're activeley pursuing TO.  At least Ricky "Munchies" Williams would be mellow, compared to the two-legged ego trip  ::)

Lol that's too funny...after I posted my reply I was telling my bf what was going on and he was telling me about them looking at TO and I told him that was just as bad.........do they really think they can make a difference on TO's attitude?  Do they really think he's gonna change?  As soon as he becomes unhappy with the Fins he'll start that crap over again...

Homer

Quote from: foxx on February 19, 2006, 08:35:17 PM
The thing that gets me about this is the total acceptance of alcohol as a totally okay thing to do for professional atheletes...I am not condoning Ricky's pot smoking, but seriously...don't we think drinking is just as bad of an example to send to kids? 

One major difference foxx. Marijuana is illegal alcohol is not.

Society does tend to shrug off people with alcohol problems. You wouldn't expect the NFL to take a stand on drinking would you? A lot of commercials are alcohol related during the games. After all what would we do without the twins. :P

Others would argue that parents should be the role models for kids not athletes. Some food for thought.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

pogohatesme

Quote from: Homer on February 19, 2006, 09:28:00 PM

Society does tend to shrug off people with alcohol problems. You wouldn't expect the NFL to take a stand on drinking would you? A lot of commercials are alcohol related during the games. After all what would we do without the twins. :P

Others would argue that parents should be the role models for kids not athletes. Some food for thought.

OMG could you imagine the Super Bowl without beer commercials lol

foxx

Quote from: Homer on February 19, 2006, 09:28:00 PM

legality scmegality...lol

Yeah, I don't know what my life would have been like had I not see the Coors Light "Love Train" commercial 15,000 times... >:D

hades

what would any kind of football be without beer? lol there must be about twenty beer commercials alone during just a regular game as well.

RuLeR

He kept quiet when he quit the dolphings obviously I think when he played for texas back then a few of the football players got him hooked up on drugs.  Oh well was one of the best running backs in the game now he is just a sad guy who has thinking problems.  How many dam drug test does this guy need to get off the dam football feild lol.

Libra

Quote from: RuLeR on March 07, 2006, 06:50:01 PM
He kept quiet when he quit the dolphings obviously I think when he played for texas back then a few of the football players got him hooked up on drugs.  Oh well was one of the best running backs in the game now he is just a sad guy who has thinking problems.  How many dam drug test does this guy need to get off the dam football feild lol.

Personally, I think it's silly. It's not like the dude is taking performance enhancing drugs.  It's WEED for crying out loud.  Give the dude a Twinkie and throw him the football and leave him alone. 

Just my opinion.

Lib

RuLeR

Your saying don't drug test him when he has been caught numerous times. Leave the guy alone lol?  geez lets not drug test Jose Cansenco back then lol.

Libra

Quote from: RuLeR on March 07, 2006, 06:57:34 PM
Your saying don't drug test him when he has been caught numerous times. Leave the guy alone lol?  geez lets not drug test Jose Cansenco back then lol.

Naw, test him.. Test everyone.. But if it's just weed? Then I don't think anyone should be tossed from the team or game or whatever.  If he tests positive for cocaine or other performance enhancing drugs?  THEN toss him.

Again, just my opinion. (NFL?  Call me.)

jrzydvl

if you tested jose he'd pop

Libra

Quote from: jrzydvlz666 on March 07, 2006, 07:05:51 PM

if you tested jose he'd pop
:))

:))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview