PlayBuddy
June 05, 2024, 02:49:21 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

RC

Interesting little tidbit I just saw...

'Idol' Singer Strikes Sexy Pose With Twin

LOS ANGELES - "American Idol" contestant Becky O'Donohue just doubled her exposure. The aspiring singer is featured alongside her twin sister, Jessie, in a series of sexy photos on the Maxim magazine Web site.

The 25-year-old twins pose in bikinis, unbuttoned baseball jerseys, and glistening with sweat in a sauna-like setting, wearing only towels.

The photos were taken two years ago for the magazine's online fantasy baseball game, said Jordan Burchette, executive editor of Maxim Online. The images "found new life" when O'Donohue became an "Idol" contestant, Burchette said.

"There's all kind of new buzz surrounding them," he said.

When the twins posed for the pictures, they were models for hire.

"They were athletes in college, then models, and now they're vocalists," Burchette said. "We look forward to their political careers."

A spokeswoman for Fox, which airs "American Idol," had no comment.

-I do.. My oh My!!

Tara

Then Becky will probably be kicked off the show you think?  And LMAO @ the kitty pound...lol

Blu

No, they won't kick her off...she wasn't nude.
Anyways...Here's 3 guys/3 gals I think deserve final 6 (the 12 is pretty obvious).

Guys... 1. Ace (b/c he can sing nice & obviously ladies love him, even my 56 yr old mom  ;))
2. Elliot (he has great vocals)
3. Sway (not a fan favorite it seems but his range and control blows away about 9 of the guys)
Gals... 1. Lisa (like RC said, has got the best overall talent, amazing voice, great presence, attractive)
2. Katherine (obviously well taught, pretty too)
3. Paris (that squeeky voice disappears when she sings & the has stage pressence, plus it's in her DNA to sing!)

Let's hear your final 6 pc forum!
P.s. I think Taylor is freakin amazing, too. His herky-jerky mannurisms are just tributes & patterned to the great Ray Charles & Joe Cocker. Taylor truely loves music.

froggielover

i liked the guy who sang bon jovi's song.. i'm rootin fer him.. and on the girls side.. i have a few but i really like mandisa.. or how ever u spell it. ;D  watched seasons 1 and 2 but then didn't watch any till now.

SouthPadreIsland

Ace ain't bad looking at all - but I am sure I am too old for him.... :-*lol  maybe he'll win?

macktami95

you can say that again ace is the and his smile what a
yummie and im sure im to old for him also but who cares lol

SouthPadreIsland

LOL so true Tami !!!!   :-* :-* for Ace  >:D

Tara

My top 6 picks

Guys
1. Elliott.....he was awesome last night...doesnt really look like the American Idol type but he can singggg
2. Ace.....Im to old for him to but....hes a looker and when he was staring in my eyes last night at the end of this song...well he won me over ...lol
3. Taylor....Great singer and what a personality...hes great too

Girls
1.Lisa ....WoW for a 16 year old isnt she mature and shes so talented
2.Katharine....She was awesome as well...very pretty and talented girl
3. Paris....her squeaky voice reminds me of Fantasia in a way but when she sings can you believe shes also only 16.

Just PLEASE I hope that Brenna or whatever her name is..goes home tonite...I can't take her...lol

tigereyes

I hope that Brenna goes home tonight too. I have to agree that she is just plain annoying. Besides I don't think she's that good anyway. She annoys me as much as Mikalah Gordon from last season. I really like Kellie. She has a good personality. I have liked her since the first time I saw her. Paris is very mature for being a 16 year old. Taylor he makes me laugh everytime I see him. He has an awesome personality and it's nice watching him perform. He's really showing Simon that he deserves to be there. I can't wait to see what happens tonight. I have a few picks for the ones I think will be voted off.

LastCall

Hello
nice pictures imo I think Taylor Hicks will have a good  ::) chance   2 Jose Penala  
     Women 1 Paris Bennett       2 Lisa Tucker  O0 But we have a long way to go
               Taylor Hicks is different by far

foxx

I think Sway sucks a**.  I guess its impressive to sing an entire song in falcetto...but its more impressive if you can keep your pitch, which he cannot.

Ace is a hottie beyond all hottie-ness...and he seems very sweet and nice...therefore, I am sure the "babe magnet" is gay.  Because that's how life works...men like him are either taken (by someone equally hot) or gay.  Is there no justice in this world?

Elliot has a fantastic voice, I just love Taylor, and that little 16-year-old?  I just want to pat him on his little head and protect him from all that's wrong in the world...how cute is he?

As for the girls...I just love the really tall 16-year-old that plays basketball...the judges all crapped on her singing, but I thought she did pretty well. 

Also probably in the minority on Brenna...I think she is frickin fantastic.  I love a woman who takes no crap from nobody! 

sonic126

Here is my top 6

Guys.

Ace. because he fits the very description of IDOL plus he lookslike he could play the lead role in a Tom Cruise autobiography.
Taylor. there is something catchy about him like an old soul reborn.
Kevin. Because he reminds me of Me but he can sing.

Ladies.

Paris. she to has the Idol factor and also has and old soul reborn and is cute.
Lisa. Very talented and Cute as well.
Brenna. She can really sing if she just does her thing as the judges say. (I think she could be the next Paula) Plus she is cute too. ;) :))

sorry if I am a little bias towards looks but dang is this American IDOL or Beauty pageant?

Sweet_Karamel

I just love my American Idol!!!! Just can't get enough.

Now let me tell you who I like so far.

ACE YOUNG, MANDISA, PARIS BENNETT, JOSE' SWAY PENALA, LISA TUCKER.
Let's see how far they go.   O0  sp.gf

RC

No one came back on to comment on the show after it was over? Bobby and Patrick gone for the guys.. I think Bobby was expected, no matter how good of a showman he is, I don't think he had that Idol quality.. as for Patrick, I was a bit surprised, I don't think he was all that bad, I think he did a good job on his song, and surprised he didn't get through just on the ladies votes alone. I think he's much better than that crooner dude, David.. he's the one I woulda taken off instead. For the gals.. Another I don't think was too much of a shock was seeing Stevie get the axe, that whole opera thing, plus the song she chose and how she did it, just did not come off too well. And yes, our sexy little Maxim girl, Becky, was voted off.. again, surprised she didn't get through the first wave of cuts just by looks alone.. but then, after Stevie, there doesn't seem to be a real clear cut girl who shouldn't be there, so maybe she was just the victim of the numbers and not enough of her family and friends dialing that phone.

And then there were 20...

Mary

Tara

I wasn't surprised to see Bobby go either...He wasn't that great both times he sang the song....I had a feeling Becky was going to go because of the publicity of her posing on the Maxim site...It was on E news and radio stations yesterday and blah blah blah....I think that was American Idols way of cutting down the drama and all that before he gets worse...I didn't like the way they let them go last nite...Why didn't they just do 2 girls at the same time ....then 2 guys or vise versa....I always wanna cry when Ryan tells them its over...no matter if there bad or good I still feel sorry for them...I know theres a Brenna fan here on the forum...but I thought she was a goner last nite and I think she did to...her attitude was just a bit different...lol

tigereyes

I didn't come on and say anything on the forum about who got kicked off because the people on the the west coast hadn't seen it yet. I wasn't surprised about Bobby and Stevie going but I was about Becky and Patrick. I was hoping that Brenna was going to be kicked off though. I hope she will be next week. Brenna's attitude was different last night she wasn't doing her poses and happy like how she usually is. I didn't like how they did the eliminations last night either. They usually do 2 guys and 2 girls so that was a bit different.

Helen

I'm probably going to get smacked for saying this but here goes anyhow. Paris reminds me of a miniature Fantasia and if I have to listen to her through the whole final, I may just have to put my TV on mute when she speaks and sings. I'll never forget when Simon told Fantasia that she sounded like Donald Duck on helium!!! hahaha  And, that is what Paris reminds me of.

foxx

As someone who just started watching the season this week (see explanation further up in thread), I was pretty okay with all the people who left...because they were the 4 who didn't perform the best on their respective night, IMHO.  I know a lot of people were surprised by Patrick and Becky, but as someone who had no emotional attachment to any of them, I think the audience actually got it right for once.  I can understand what RC said about the "crooner" guy...but as someone who thinks Harry Connick, Jr. is the one of the best things since sliced bread...I can really appreciate him!

Obviously, this is dependent on how they do next week, but here's who I'd axe next:
Sway and Bucky
Heather and Kellie

Oh, and is it just me, of does Heather look a lot like Fez's ex-girlfriend Caroline?  The crazy one?  I can't remember the actress' name but I think she is on "What I Like about You" now...

Bree

Not to change the subject, but Foxx what happened to your signature??   It says Http Error 404 Not Found.....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview