PlayBuddy
June 10, 2024, 07:41:34 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pet Peeves

Started by Libra,

Previous topic - Next topic

Libra

Ok, why is it that some people INSIST on typing in all caps?  I mean, it's really annoying to look at.  I know I can mute the peeps, but when this chick in Tide was going on and on and on in all caps, I just had to know why she kept yelling.  See, apparently with her 10,000 (total) tokens and her obvious infinite wisdom (really, how much did YOU know about Pogo when you had three badges and less than a million tokens?) she was giving people tips.  IN ALL CAPS.  So I asked her why she felt compelled to yell her tips.  Other people were laughing, because I said it jokingly, and then some Ninny chimes in with, "She's just trying to help, and ya'll are being rude,  why are you all being such azzes?"  "EXCUSE ME!!!" I said in all caps, because, hey, I was yellin'. "I'm kidding around, asking a question, and you call ME an azz, and say I'm rude?"  I was having a bee itch moment, so I just continued to tear in to her for a couple of minutes... And she didn't say ANOTHER WORD.  She, along with All Caps hit the road.   :)) :)) :)) :)). 

Anyway, that's one of my pet peeves.. I'm just bored and thought I'd share.  Is it five o'clock yet?

Libra

hades

lmao that was funny  :))

i think alternating caps and people who type like this " j0 whaSz go0d wiF ju?!" are even more annoying  :P

mailwench

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 10, 2006, 08:49:09 AM
Ok, why is it that some people INSIST on typing in all caps?  I mean, it's really annoying to look at.  I know I can mute the peeps, but when this chick in Tide was going on and on and on in all caps, I just had to know why she kept yelling.  See, apparently with her 10,000 (total) tokens and her obvious infinite wisdom (really, how much did YOU know about Pogo when you had three badges and less than a million tokens?) she was giving people tips.  IN ALL CAPS.  So I asked her why she felt compelled to yell her tips.  Other people were laughing, because I said it jokingly, and then some Ninny chimes in with, "She's just trying to help, and ya'll are being rude,  why are you all being such azzes?"  "EXCUSE ME!!!" I said in all caps, because, hey, I was yellin'. "I'm kidding around, asking a question, and you call ME an azz, and say I'm rude?"  I was having a bee itch moment, so I just continued to tear in to her for a couple of minutes... And she didn't say ANOTHER WORD.  She, along with All Caps hit the road.   :)) :)) :)) :)). 

Anyway, that's one of my pet peeves.. I'm just bored and thought I'd share.  Is it five o'clock yet?

Libra

spb.gif spb.gif  Here ya go Libra, drinks are on me....looks like you need them.  I'm gonna say this, just because, but I have a friend who is sight impared and you have to type in caps for her to see it.  But I agree, if there is no good reason for it then they shouldn't be typing in caps, as it is very rude!!!

Libra

Quote from: hades on March 10, 2006, 08:52:33 AM
lmao that was funny  :))

i think alternating caps and people who type like this " j0 whaSz go0d wiF ju?!" are even more annoying  :P

>:( >:(Yeah.  And people who use alternate letters.  Like, instead of saying please, they say pleez. And it's always people in their 30's.   PLEASE! Grow up.  And those people that don't know the difference between their, they're and there?  I just want to hold Pogo chat/grammar classes.  Then, the people that.. Oh never mind. I could go on and on.  I'm in one of my moods.  People that BREATHE bother me today.  

Libra

Libra

Quote from: mailwench on March 10, 2006, 08:54:36 AM

Libra

spb.gif spb.gif  Here ya go Libra, drinks are on me....looks like you need them.  I'm gonna say this, just because, but I have a friend who is sight impared and you have to type in caps for her to see it.  But I agree, if there is no good reason for it then they shouldn't be typing in caps, as it is very rude!!!

:o  I feel bad, now.  Does she know about the enlarge chat option? 

Humbled Libra

C~M

MY PET PEEVES ME OFF ALL THE TIME

lmao...Just had to do the caps...sorry all...lmao

Libra

Quote from: CrazyMan on March 10, 2006, 08:59:44 AM
MY PET PEEVES ME OFF ALL THE TIME

lmao...Just had to do the caps...sorry all...lmao

:)) :))

bubblegum

okay okay its friday calm down....ya got the whole weekend ahead of ya.  Here, have a couple brewskies on me.  Theres a bar down the street we can go to for lunch...they make their own house beer to

mailwench

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 10, 2006, 08:58:47 AM

Libra

Humbled Libra

:'( :'( yeah she uses that too Libra......she is almost blind and only in her 40's.  However, I do explain to the room why I am using the caps when I go to chat with her.   :-* :-* :-* Don't feel bad....you just needed someone to show you the "flip" side!

Libra

Quote from: bubblegum on March 10, 2006, 09:12:21 AM
okay okay its friday calm down....ya got the whole weekend ahead of ya.  Here, have a couple brewskies on me.  Theres a bar down the street we can go to for lunch...they make their own house beer to

Ok, and I also hate people who get depressing conversations started.. Now I'm in a room with people talking about their abusive childhoods.  I'm going to abuse someone in a minute.  :'(

Libra

Quote from: mailwench on March 10, 2006, 09:33:29 AM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 10, 2006, 08:58:47 AM

Libra

Humbled Libra

:'( :'( yeah she uses that too Libra......she is almost blind and only in her 40's.  However, I do explain to the room why I am using the caps when I go to chat with her.   :-* :-* :-* Don't feel bad....you just needed someone to show you the "flip" side!

Oh girl, that's DIFFERENT.  And I did ask her why she was using caps.  She didn't have a good answer.  She didn't have an answer at all.  If it had been you, you would have told me and I would have been like, "ooooh!  Ok!" O0 

On a lighter note... I'm on rank 41 in Ride the Tide!  Woo Hoo!  Now, if I can finish it before throwing myself off a bridge due to the conversation, I'll be doing good!

Libra

harley89

First I always get in the room with cyber sexers. They need to take it private. Second peeve is people who type using((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((MEL)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) do you need all that to say Hi to someone.

C~M

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[SpiritWarrior1953]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]  Nope, you don't need all that to say hi, but you do need it to {{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}} someone....lmao

Libra

Quote from: CrazyMan on March 10, 2006, 09:49:12 AM
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[SpiritWarrior1953]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]  Nope, you don't need all that to say hi, but you do need it to {{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}} someone....lmao

Yeah, but one or two (( )) is OK.  ((((((((((((((((Crazy))))))))))))))))))  That's being hugged by 25 octopuses... Or a few of my exes.  :o

Libra

C~M

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 10, 2006, 09:56:09 AM
Yeah, but one or two (( )) is OK. ((((((((((((((((Crazy)))))))))))))))))) That's being hugged by 25 octopuses... Or a few of my exes. :o

Libra

Well, in my defense, I used to hug my "friends" until Pogo came out with the friends list hider...lmao.  But I am sure the only reason they use (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) is to make sure the person sees that they "hugged" them....lmao

SI

Lol my pet peeve?  People that accuse others of cheating.  Especially the hypocrites >:D.  I just had some dumba** tell me that she was reporting me to Pogo because I *had* to be cheating.  Funny thing is, I've never used an auto.

I was playing a little Stellar & kept getting perfect games.  I like the game, and am good at it.  Right now, I'm working on rank 20.  I used to play Terra on hard, so as to get the most crystals, until a friend pointed out that playing Terra on easy was a faster way to progress.

I looked at her profile: her answer to everything was "noneya", she had almost forty million tokens, and has been a member for a little over a year.  In the more about me, she had "I'm here to play, not talk, so leave me the h@&% alone!" :))

Libra

Quote from: DJ_SI on March 10, 2006, 10:04:35 AM
Lol my pet peeve?  People that accuse others of cheating.  Especially the hypocrites >:D.  I just had some dumba** tell me that she was reporting me to Pogo because I *had* to be cheating.  Funny thing is, I've never used an auto.

I was playing a little Stellar & kept getting perfect games.  I like the game, and am good at it.  Right now, I'm working on rank 20.  I used to play Terra on hard, so as to get the most crystals, until a friend pointed out that playing Terra on easy was a faster way to progress.

I looked at her profile: her answer to everything was "noneya", she had almost forty million tokens, and has been a member for a little over a year.  In the more about me, she had "I'm here to play, not talk, so leave me the h@&% alone!" :))

:o  Everytime I'm accused of cheating I'm not!!! Isn't that funny?  And then I get all huffy about it because I'M NOT cheating.  :)) :)) 

Then, this one time, at band camp?  I mean in Perfect Pair?  These women were going on and on and on about cheaters, so I'm sitting their with my friend, also an auto user, and we're both mum.... Then I just couldn't take it anymore!  I HAD to say something!  So I started going on and on and on about how auto users were scumb bags and what's the point of playing if you're going to cheat, and they should not only be banned from Pogo, but strung up by their toes and slow roasted, and blah blah blah!  >:D >:D >:( >:(

My friend and I were  :)) :)) :)) :)) 

foxx

Pet peeve: Stupid.  It just plain doesn't play with me....
Pet peeve #2: People who can't take a joke and have to get all self-righteous on you...
Pet peeve #3: People who can't lose an argument.  If I am wrong, I will say I am wrong.
Pet peeve #4: Misspelling when there is Spell Check.

Apparently I am cranky today.  Hey Bubblegum, is there room at the bar for me????   spb.gif

nightperson

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 10, 2006, 10:14:28 AM
Quote from: DJ_SI on March 10, 2006, 10:04:35 AM

:o  Everytime I'm accused of cheating I'm not!!! Isn't that funny?  And then I get all huffy about it because I'M NOT cheating.  :)) :)) 

Then, this one time, at band camp?  I mean in Perfect Pair?  These women were going on and on and on about cheaters, so I'm sitting their with my friend, also an auto user, and we're both mum.... Then I just couldn't take it anymore!  I HAD to say something!  So I started going on and on and on about how auto users were scumb bags and what's the point of playing if you're going to cheat, and they should not only be banned from Pogo, but strung up by their toes and slow roasted, and blah blah blah!  >:D >:D >:( >:(

My friend and I were  :)) :)) :)) :)) 

omg that is really to funny  :)) :)) :))  almost well nevermind what i almost did but very good

Libra

Quote from: foxx on March 10, 2006, 11:28:14 AM
Pet peeve: Stupid.  It just plain doesn't play with me....
Pet peeve #2: People who can't take a joke and have to get all self-righteous on you...
Pet peeve #3: People who can't lose an argument.  If I am wrong, I will say I am wrong.
Pet peeve #4: Misspelling when there is Spell Check.

Apparently I am cranky today.  Hey Bubblegum, is there room at the bar for me????   spb.gif

it must be in the beer, girl.  I went OFF on a woman today for calling me a rude azz.  LIke I haven't been called worse! :)) 

I think I just need a percocet.

Lib

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview