PlayBuddy
May 16, 2024, 07:29:11 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Quote from: hades on May 03, 2006, 10:15:32 AM
lol that is funny  :))

Well......even if you really agreed with him.....that doesn't make you an instant Yankees hater!!!  :P

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 01:19:46 PM
Quote from: Helen on May 03, 2006, 11:41:18 AM

Well......even if you really agreed with him.....that doesn't make you an instant Yankees hater!!!  :P
The yankees try to buy a W.S.title every year. but they failed the last 5 yrs.

Well, at least they try!!  :))

SaintHiρρo

LoL, are you serious? Why hasn't anyone else in the world of sports ever came to this conclusion?

Blu

That's right...and so does every other team. Otherwise, the players wouldn't be getting paid. How dare the Yankees sign players! Unreal that they try winning! Jim, honestly, how else can a team without spending money? You again make no sense, or in Jimonics, "sence."

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: BluRaven on May 03, 2006, 02:08:23 PM

That's right...and so does every other team. Otherwise, the players wouldn't be getting paid. How dare the Yankees sign players! Unreal that they try winning! Jim, honestly, how else can a team without spending money? You again make no sense, or in Jimonics, "sence."

ROFL, I like the word "Jimonics". Another word, trademarked by Blu

Helen

And there is something wrong with building a winning team?  :P

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Helen on May 03, 2006, 02:28:16 PM

In "his' world", spending money is bad. In the real world, spending money in an attempt to build a winning franchise is a smart thing. I would like to live in his' world.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 02:40:35 PM
No. But there should be a cap on how much one team can spend. On the flip side there also should be a rule where a team must spent a certain amount also so some owner can not just get rich and not care about winning

So basically they should follow the lead of the NFL? My word Jim, you have some of the greatest ideas I've ever heard.

Helen

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 03, 2006, 02:37:38 PM

In "his' world", spending money is bad. In the real world, spending money in an attempt to build a winning franchise is a smart thing. I would like to live in his' world.

Are you sure you want to live in "his world"?   ???

Helen

No. But there should be a cap on how much one team can spend. On the flip side there also should be a rule where a team must spent a certain amount also so some owner can not just get rich and not care about winning

Jim.....you want a cap but then advocate a rule for having to spend a certain amount. Have you thought of running for public office? I don't think there is any owner out there (MLB) that doesn't care if they have a winning season.  :P

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Helen on May 03, 2006, 02:55:47 PM
Quote from: SaintHippo on May 03, 2006, 02:37:38 PM

Are you sure you want to live in "his world"?   ???

Well, in his' world I don't have to spend money because it's wrong, my favorite team will NEVER lose to anything, I can pencil in my backup team to win it all based on one great month (if they get rid of a player or two) and if someone makes a sarcastic remark, they're automatically anti-my least fav team... not a bad place to live if you ask me.  :))

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 03:08:45 PM
Quote from: SaintHippo on May 03, 2006, 02:49:13 PM

So basically they should follow the lead of the NFL? My word Jim, you have some of the greatest ideas I've ever heard.
yes they should O0 Now Everyteam in the NFL has a shot to win every yr. 

They do??? OMG.....you mean I can say now that the Browns are going to win the Super Bowl this season?

What it all comes down to Jim is who's hot and who's not. On any given day the best team can get beat by the worst team. We've seen this in all sports. Just because "my" team has a bad game or a few bad games, don't count them out.....likewise.....just because they have a good week doesn't make them the division champ. It's a long season.  :P

hades

so i guess each off season when teams spend all that money to sign players i guess theyre doing it just to have a cash give away?  :))

and jim dont get happy just cause your two fav teams have a combined one championship in like um almost two hundred years....

bobby

and the M's got another 3 game against the sox, but now their @home >:D i gotta get my broom ready jim :))

Helen

Quote from: hades on May 03, 2006, 03:51:24 PM
so i guess each off season when teams spend all that money to sign players i guess theyre doing it just to have a cash give away?  :))

and jim dont get happy just cause your two fav teams have a combined one championship in like um almost two hundred years....

If they're having a cash give away, I accept large donations!!

One in 200 years.....you're stretching that just a bit, aren't you?  :))

RowdyOne

So Jim answer these couple of questions for me ok and NO cheating lol

1.Why does the Yankees always have the highest salary in baseball?

2.How many 5-tool players do they Yankees have?  (If you have no clue to what a 5-tool player is then just ask ).

3.Why do all the other teams have less of a payroll then the Yankees but somehow manage to build winning teams?

PS. It's Brian CASHMAN not cushman as you put it lol

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 07:07:02 PM
haha I love matt thorten :)) :)) :)) Now a 4/4 tie in the 8th Very good game so far bobby. How much longer before thorten gets his walking papers bobby??? We already sent r guy packing

It appears Jim was TOTALLY ignoring the question which was in clear view above his last post for about 2 hours... guess he's still looking up the meaning of "5-Tool".

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 07:25:27 PM
Quote from: SaintHippo on May 03, 2006, 07:19:54 PM
Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 07:07:02 PM
haha I love matt thorten :)) :)) :)) Now a 4/4 tie in the 8th Very good game so far bobby. How much longer before thorten gets his walking papers bobby??? We already sent r guy packing

It appears Jim was TOTALLY ignoring the question which was in clear view above his last post for about 2 hours... guess he's still looking up the meaning of "5-Tool".
no i"am not. And i know what a 5 tool player is A-rod. I have been busy cooking dinner and watching mariners whitesox game lol. Just to let e 1 know,i will be a yankees fan this weekend. I hope they win friday saturday and sunday. Hay bobby or hippa do either one of u have MLB tv??? i wanted to know if there was a way to get around the blackout i wanted to watch the mariner whitesox game on puter??

Never in a million years will I purchase MLB TV! Even if I won it in a contest, I still wouldn't watch it.

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 08:19:27 PM
lol is there anything else besides MLB to watch games on puter?? My first yr of MLB sucks they block out hometeam even thougth they are on the road it"s a bunch of BS

Time to cancel it and get your money back!!

bobby

i got mlb tv, but you can't watch local teams though :-\

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview