PlayBuddy
May 16, 2024, 07:23:51 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

~Sassy~

cheerleading.gifYANKEES!!! WIN camera.gif cheerleading.gif We Are The Champions  cheerleading.gif camera.gif YANKEES!!! WIN cheerleading.gif

bobby

ITS OVER! its finally over! no more boring baseball for 3 months! hi11.gif hi11.gif hi11.gif hi11.gif hi11.gif

simplyaok

hi11.gif  Ho Hum.  #27 for the YANKS!!!    They are the best of all time!

Joe C

A decade of spending $200 million per year has finally resulted in a World Series Victory for the Yankees. vomit.gif

That team still has no soul. It is like rooting for Wall Street. nono.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

CindyLouWho

I've never liked the Yanks & still don't    vomit.gif   giggle2.gif

~Sassy~

cheerleading.gif Yankees Take Crown From Phillies cheerleading.gif

Sore Loser...Hurts Don't It!  low blow.gif

simplyaok

hi11.gif

Sorry for the sore losers.  It has nothing to do about money,  If you know baseball you would know!!

~Sassy~

Quote from: Joe C on November 04, 2009, 09:19:20 PM
A decade of spending $200 million per year has finally resulted in a World Series Victory for the Yankees.
That team still has no soul. It is like rooting for Wall Street.
Pot should NEVER call kettle black!!!

Mr. Robert Kraft paid $175 million for the New England Patriots and I'm am sure those footballs players are not getting minimum wages nor are the Phillies.

You're A Bad Boy, Joe!

jtric1963

congrats to the Yankee's!!!!
as far as the money spent and the ones who usually have something to say about the Yankee's are usually the ones who sore losers.

Squid

Yippee!   hi11.gif

Yankees take it! 

Don't be a sore loser, Joe.  Saying the Yanks have no soul is not cricket, ol' man. 

Joe C

Quote from: ~Sassy~ on November 04, 2009, 10:34:53 PM
Pot should NEVER call kettle black!!!

Mr. Robert Kraft paid $175 million for the New England Patriots and I'm am sure those footballs players are not getting minimum wages nor are the Phillies.

You're A Bad Boy, Joe!

Not a bad boy. In no other sport in America does one team spend 40% then the second-place spending team. While I congratulate some of the Yankees fans I know, people should understand that the Bronx Bombers have been outspending the rest of the league for the past 90 years. It has been going on for generations. It is like rooting for the house in Blackjack. Perhaps you have not spent a long time in New England being CONSTANTLY mocked by Yankees fans before 2004.

Football and Hockey have nice salary caps. Basketball has a nice luxury tax that works, even the Lakers, Cavaliers or Celtics do not spend the most money in Basketball. There is a lot of money in sports.

My email box and voice mail boxes were filled with messages from people that never congratulated me in 2004 or 2007. Perhaps my buds in the forum can celebrate with a little class and grace, so they might change my opinion of Yankees fans.

Squid

You take it all so personally, Joe.

Politicians do the same thing.  Some outspend the competition outrageously but that doesn't guarantee a victory.  Don't hate the Yankees because they have money and spend it.

Sidenote:  if you ask me, sport gets entirely TOO much money altogether - all professional sports.  It's obscene.

Joe C

Quote from: Squid on November 05, 2009, 05:36:51 AM
You take it all so personally, Joe.

Politicians do the same thing.  Some outspend the competition outrageously but that doesn't guarantee a victory.  Don't hate the Yankees because they have money and spend it.

Sidenote:  if you ask me, sport gets entirely TOO much money altogether - all professional sports.  It's obscene.
Actually, I do not mind the money, I mind all the loud-mouths that act like THEY are part of the team and instead of celebrating THEIR team's accomplishments, they instead make fun of the fans of other teams.

Too many of these people have access to my phone.  hysterical.gif

Squid

You clearly didn't see the news in the N.Y. area when Boston won.  It showed Boston fans doing what you are accusing NY fans of doing now.  It's silly, Joe.  It's team rivalry... and is meaningless.  We're all a bit silly when it comes to the teams we follow.  Laugh it off.

Joe C

Quote from: Squid on November 05, 2009, 05:42:11 AM
You clearly didn't see the news in the N.Y. area when Boston won.  It showed Boston fans doing what you are accusing NY fans of doing now.  It's silly, Joe.  It's team rivalry... and is meaningless.  We're all a bit silly when it comes to the teams we follow.  Laugh it off.
That is why blogs are great.

I really dislike the Sully's and Murph's of the world that ALSO act like they are a player of the Sox, Patriots or Celtics. They need to shut up as well. hysterical.gif

Squid

I'm just glad that in the U.S., we are a bit more accepting of sports rivalries.  In Europe, it can mean losing your life in the riots, stampedes and the collapse of civility!  I know we're not perfect but we also know it's ok to root for the opposition.  Go U.S.!!

Joe C

bobby

anybody else still consider maris' 61 homers and hank's 755 the record? i'm so sick of all these guys coming out with steroid use..baseball is a joke

Homer

Early rumors have the Mutts firing their manager and bringing back Bobby Valentine to manage the team. It won't help. The Mutts will still suck.  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview