PlayBuddy
June 09, 2024, 05:20:36 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Private chat is NOT private.

Started by justahumping,

Previous topic - Next topic

justahumping

I hope this is not against the TOS in here, but this subject has been brought up before and I found this  in the community news and wanted to make sure that every one seen it. 
     The following is copied and past from community news:

============================================
Just How Private Is My Private Chat? 
Dear (SNIPED)...

I was on Pogo the other day, and might have been being a bit 'salty' in Main Chat. I received a T.O.S. warning. I hadn't realized that I was offending anyone.
The next day, to be sensible about it, I took a few of my friends and went to Private Chat, where we wouldn't have to watch our language so much. I wasn't even chatting at all in Main Chat - and I received another T.O.S. warning!
The people in Private Chat were all friends of mine, and I'm sure none of them reported me... so I'm worried somebody is stalking me, harassing me by submitting abuse reports on me!
But, the question is, what was I warned for? If I said nothing at all in Main Chat, how could I have offended?
Now I'm worried I'm going to lose my account, which I've had for five years without any previous complaints. Doesn't Pogo review the chat to see if \ anything offensive was said? Is there any way to appeal my warning?
- (SNIPED)

Dear (SNIPED,

It is highly unlikely you are being stalked. Unfortunately, if someone files an abuse report in the Main Chat area, the chat log from all Private Chat is included in the snippet of text that is sent along with the abuse report to our Disciplinary Action Team. This is not how we would like it to work. Efforts are being made to see that we change this in the future so that it is clear which parts of the chat are private and which parts are public. In some cases, people do need to report abuse in Private Chat, so we do want to keep that functionality.

Until this issue is addressed by Pogo, my suggestion is to cease 'salty' talk except in Uncensored Rooms. And always keep in mind the Terms of Service. While you can get pretty 'salty,' there are still rules by which you must abide (such as not engaging in hate speech, harassment, etc...). See the Terms of Service for more information on that.

You may appeal to our Customer Support department and ask them to consider your situation. And finally-- thank you for adding the word 'salty' to my vocabulary! I love it!

Mary

salty talk woohoo  :))  :)) thanks for info alot of tos have been added i just read them all again don`t wanna do anything wrong myself anyway there was alot of new about chat etc...

justahumping

I was woundering about that " salty talk" myself ?  why didnt she just say sex or cussing?  :))

Mary

hades

harley89

What scares me is Pogo doesnt seem to be able to tell which chat logs are private and which are not   :o

justahumping

Quote from: spiritwarrior1953 on May 14, 2006, 02:27:23 PM
What scares me is Pogo doesnt seem to be able to tell which chat logs are private and which are not   :o

That is the way I read it.  So now how can you keep someone from reporting you if you are in a room and ask someone to go private so you can give them your emaill add or your p/word for pogo so they can help you with a game? Scarry hu?

SaintHiρρo

Makes me want to say "Now Starting Private Chat Conversation" just so they know what's the beginning and the end in case I were to get reported!

justahumping

jeffy

if your chat is turned off can people still private chat you?
i hate when someone private chats me and screws up my auto
dammit let me cheat in peace lol  <3

Mary

harley89

Private chat wont mess up your auto if you run VP minimizer and it is free I never run auto with out it.  Handles all those nasty pop ups like virutal prize badges and private chats.  Use it you will love it <3 <3

jeffy

i agree !!! i would of come back with you people seem to know a lot about cheating lol
i got all my rank badges in pogo bowl i kept my auto clean only hit 260 200+ games out of 1800
some people i seen make it so obvious and have llike 800 games played with 779 200+ games and they dont answer but i cant positively say they are using an auto but when you see a name in a chat and they have played 200 games thats a little obvious :)

harley89

I never seem to have any of the problems every body else has.  Nobobdy seems to notice me at all. I never get any mail on Pogo and no one ever talks to me at all. I feel so unloved  :'(

Momma

harley89

Julie

Quote from: jeffy on May 14, 2006, 02:49:51 PM
if your chat is turned off can people still private chat you?
i hate when someone private chats me and screws up my auto
dammit let me cheat in peace lol  <3
I'm not sure about this but I think if your chat is turned off no private chat request comes through at your end and because your chat is turned off the person requesting the private chat gets an automatic private chat denied.  Maybe get a friend to test it out for you.

Julie

Quote from: justahumping on May 14, 2006, 01:40:34 PM
The following is copied and past from community news:
============================================
Just How Private Is My Private Chat? 
Dear (SNIPED)...

I was on Pogo the other day, and might have been being a bit 'salty' in Main Chat. I received a T.O.S. warning. I hadn't realized that I was offending anyone.
The next day, to be sensible about it, I took a few of my friends and went to Private Chat, where we wouldn't have to watch our language so much. I wasn't even chatting at all in Main Chat - and I received another T.O.S. warning!
The people in Private Chat were all friends of mine, and I'm sure none of them reported me... so I'm worried somebody is stalking me, harassing me by submitting abuse reports on me!
But, the question is, what was I warned for? If I said nothing at all in Main Chat, how could I have offended?
Now I'm worried I'm going to lose my account, which I've had for five years without any previous complaints. Doesn't Pogo review the chat to see if \ anything offensive was said? Is there any way to appeal my warning?
- (SNIPED)

Dear (SNIPED,

It is highly unlikely you are being stalked. Unfortunately, if someone files an abuse report in the Main Chat area, the chat log from all Private Chat is included in the snippet of text that is sent along with the abuse report to our Disciplinary Action Team. This is not how we would like it to work. Efforts are being made to see that we change this in the future so that it is clear which parts of the chat are private and which parts are public. In some cases, people do need to report abuse in Private Chat, so we do want to keep that functionality.
Until this issue is addressed by Pogo, my suggestion is to cease 'salty' talk except in Uncensored Rooms. And always keep in mind the Terms of Service. While you can get pretty 'salty,' there are still rules by which you must abide (such as not engaging in hate speech, harassment, etc...). See the Terms of Service for more information on that.
You may appeal to our Customer Support department and ask them to consider your situation. And finally-- thank you for adding the word 'salty' to my vocabulary! I love it!
Great! So along with the buggy servers we now have buggy chat ::) I would have thought getting a "T.O.S warning" for something picked up in private chat unrelated to a abuse report made in the main chat area would constitute an invasion of privacy?

xtine

Quote from: jim1975 on May 14, 2006, 03:30:10 PM
I know this may be off subject a little. But i left my auto running while i sleep and i woke up today and checked on my auto in pogo bowl and i was sitting there reading chat since i just woke up and a few said i was running a auto because i was not answering with wtg and gg when i won. So i disided to speak and tell e 1 happy mother day and someone said about time u speak come back to check on your auto. I said what"s a auto :)) :)) Then they named pogocheats in the chat lobby. So i desided since this person wanted to try to start trouble and run there mouth how they thought i was cheating and have e 1 report me. I reported him for saying pogocheats in chat and they were gone in 5 mins and got a email from pogo about my report. It seemed to work and shutup the room. Them dam pogo bowl ppl need to mind there own and not worry about who using a auto :)) :))

That's why I opt for private rooms when possible.  I had someone accuse me of using an auto in Dice Derby because I got three five-of-a-kinds in a row. >:(

I just don't use the chat feature.  I turn it off for the most part, although, for some games, I'll leave it on to track my progress on a badge.  I don't like a lot of the people that are constantly chatting on Pogo ;D

Gecko

Quote from: starrynights48 on May 16, 2006, 06:22:29 AM
Quote from: jim1975 on May 14, 2006, 03:30:10 PM
I know this may be off subject a little. But i left my auto running while i sleep and i woke up today and checked on my auto in pogo bowl and i was sitting there reading chat since i just woke up and a few said i was running a auto because i was not answering with wtg and gg when i won. So i disided to speak and tell e 1 happy mother day and someone said about time u speak come back to check on your auto. I said what"s a auto :)) :)) Then they named pogocheats in the chat lobby. So i desided since this person wanted to try to start trouble and run there mouth how they thought i was cheating and have e 1 report me. I reported him for saying pogocheats in chat and they were gone in 5 mins and got a email from pogo about my report. It seemed to work and shutup the room. Them dam pogo bowl ppl need to mind there own and not worry about who using a auto :)) :))
jim i think your been caught out again with ur pants down  , theres no lobby in bowls  if ur going to fib at least make a good effort at it  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview