PlayBuddy
June 07, 2024, 05:00:09 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

OMG - we elected them

Started by krispy,

Previous topic - Next topic

krispy

A travel agent's experience with some elected officials, their staff, and family:

A senior Vermont Congressman called, furious about a Florida package that was done. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that is not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state. He replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the map, and Florida is a very thin state!"

I got a call from a lawmaker's wife who asked, "Is it possible to see England from Canada?" I said, No." She said, "But they look so close on the map."

An aide for a Bush cabinet member once called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas. When I pulled up the reservation, I noticed he had only a 1-hour layover in Dallas. When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, "I heard Dallas was a big airport, and we will need a car to drive between the gates to save time."

An Illinois Congresswoman called last week. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:20 a. m. and got into Chicago at 8:33 a. m. I tried to explain that Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois, but she could not understand the concept of time zones. Finally, I told her the plane went very fast, and she bought that!

A New York lawmaker called and asked, "Do airlines normally put your physical description on your bag so they know whose luggage belongs to whom?" I said, "No, why do you ask?" She replied, "Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said (FAT), and I'm overweight. I think that is very rude?" After putting her on hold for a minute while I "looked into it" (I was actually laughing), I came back and explained the city code for Fresno, CA is (FAT), and that the airline was just putting a destination tag on her luggage.

A Senator's aide called to inquire about a trip package to Hawaii. After going over all the cost info, she asked, "Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii?"

A New Mexico Congresswoman called to make reservations, "I want to go from Chicago to Rhino, New York." The agent was at a loss for words. Finally, the agent said, "Are you sure that's the name of the town?" "Yes, what flights do you have?" replied the lady. After some searching, the agent came back with, "I'm sorry, ma'am, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a Rhino anywhere." The lady retorted, "Oh, don't be silly! Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!" The agent scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, "You don't mean Buffalo, do you?" "That's it! I knew it was a big animal," she said.

A senior Senator called and had a question about the documents he needed in order to fly to China. After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded him that he needed a visa. "Oh, no I don't. I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those." I double checked and sure enough, his stay required a visa. When I told him this he said, "Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express!"

SaintHiρρo

nanners

YA!! Yippee!! Whoo Hoo!. WTG! Hippo got it right! "Here's" your sign..
sorry Hippo just had say it..  :))

bubblegum

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: nanners on May 25, 2006, 04:02:24 PM

Little do you know I originally typed "there's your sign" and thought "no, nanners helped me see I was wrong" so I had to quickly go back to edit it before it said it was edited.

krispy

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM
Quote from: nanners on May 25, 2006, 04:02:24 PM

Little do you know I originally typed "there's your sign" and thought "no, nanners helped me see I was wrong" so I had to quickly go back to edit it before it said it was edited.

now we know...........

nanners

hades

crazy_

AND.........THEY VOTE
Some guy bought a new fridge for his house.   To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard & hung a sign on it saying: "Free to good home. You want it, you take it".  For 3 days the fridge sat there without even 1 person looking twice at it.   He  eventually decided that people were too un-trusting of this deal.  It looked to good to be true, so he changed the sign to read:  "Fridge for sale $50". The next day someone stole it. 
Caution!  These people Vote
>>=======
While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was North because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning.   She asked, "Does the sun rise in the North?"  When
my brother explained that the sun rises in the East, (& has for sometime), she shook her head & said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff"..     She ALSO votes!
>>==========
I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center.  One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week."! 
He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?"  Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific" . . .
He ALSO votes!
>>===========
My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car It's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped.  She keeps it in the trunk. .  My sister ALSO votes!
>>==========
My friends & I were on a beer run & noticed that the cases were discounted 10%.   Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% & gave us a 20% discount...  He ALSO votes!
>>==========
I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to  an earring by a chain.  My friend said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?"  I explained that a person's nose & ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is turned...   My friend ALSO votes!
>>=========
I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area.   So I went to the lost luggage office & told the woman there that my bags never showed up.  She smiled & told me  not to worry because she was a trained professional
& I was in good hands.  "Now," she asked! me,  "has your plane arrived yet?". . .  SHE ALSO votes!

nanners

Now that cheered me up this morn..thank you.. I needed that

crazy_

Lynne

good one crazy_ .. just what i needed to read about, more stupid people  :))

Kelly

ha ha ha ....has your plane arrived yet!!!.....good one

clayton1966

Quote from: crazy_ on June 04, 2006, 05:56:21 AM

My friends & I were on a beer run & noticed that the cases were discounted 10%.   Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% & gave us a 20% discount...  He ALSO votes!

Not to be picky but when you MULTIPLY 10% by 10% you get 1%.  You have to ADD 10% and 10% to get 20%. Do you vote?  ;D

flgal

AND.........THEY VOTE
Some guy bought a new fridge for his house.   To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard & hung a sign on it saying: "Free to good home. You want it, you take it".  For 3 days the fridge sat there without even 1 person looking twice at it.   He  eventually decided that people were too un-trusting of this deal.  It looked to good to be true, so he changed the sign to read:  "Fridge for sale $50". The next day someone stole it. 
Caution!  These people Vote

this ahooened to my neighbors but with a washer

Julez

This is why a full endorse Social Darwinism!  LOL!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview