PlayBuddy
June 06, 2024, 02:43:49 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Dancing with the Stars 2006

Started by CindyLouWho,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

lol maybe but i didn't notice, was on the phone here   :)))

Tara

Woooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I was so nervous. I wanted him to win more than I thought I did..lol   I didn't think he was going to though. I saw his daughter dancing with Jerry Springer.

What a good show...

Do you think Marios partner and him are more than dance partners? I do..and I think she was mad they didn't win.

gator8_24

Yah, I think Mario and dance partner do more than ballroom dancing  :)))  she didn't look at all happy or pretend to be for the other couple. Amd Jerry dancing with Emmitt's daughter was so sweet!

CindyLouWho

It was a good show.  I was glad to see all the celebrities back again.  Emmitt & Mario are supposed to be on Good Morning America tomorrow morning so guess I'll have to get up early, lol.   :/o\ 

Well wonder what celebrities will be on the next show?    <..>

zeboo

Quote from: Tara on November 15, 2006, 06:06:57 PM
Woooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I was so nervous. I wanted him to win more than I thought I did..lol   I didn't think he was going to though. I saw his daughter dancing with Jerry Springer.

What a good show...

Do you think Marios partner and him are more than dance partners? I do..and I think she was mad they didn't win.
I am glad Emmitt won as for Mario and his partner I think they are more just the way they look at eachother and he is always kissing her every chance he got  :,

gator8_24

Here is a funny article by an sports writer about Emmitt-

Bianchi: Real men don't want to follow in Emmitt's footsteps
Mike Bianchi
SPORTS COMMENTARY

November 16, 2006

It has been the lingering question on the minds of UF football fans all week.

If the Gators win out, will they play for the national championship?

No, not that question.

Will Jeff Bowden's resignation affect how Florida State prepares for next week's game against the Gators?

Nope, not that one, either.

Is Emmitt lighter on his feet than Mario?

Bingo.

Can you believe this is what it's come to? The Gators were playing a monumental game against former coach Steve Spurrier and his South Carolina Gamecocks last weekend, and some UF fans actually were holding up signs that said, "Vote for Emmitt." The placards were in reference to Emmitt Smith, one of the greatest Gators ever and the NFL's all-time leading rusher, going head to head against pretty-boy actor Mario Lopez in the hit ABC reality show Dancing With the Stars.

I'm told that the final results came out Wednesday night and Emmitt won. Yippee. Of course, I wasn't watching because no real man would watch a dancing show.

In fact, men everywhere should be protesting Emmitt's inclusion in this cha-cha-cha contest. Why? Because a few weeks ago, Emmitt was one of the original inductees in UF's football Ring of Honor. But Emmitt skipped the pregame gala and halftime ceremony because, well, he had to practice his routine for Dancing With the Stars.

"We understand why Emmitt wasn't there," Florida Athletic Director Jeremy Foley said. "Emmitt's a competitor, and he's trying to win a championship."

Oh, stop it. He wasn't trying to win a title. He was tiptoeing through the tulips.

Have you seen those Miller Lite commercials where a panel of manly men discusses a given topic and decides upon a man law? There are a number of readily accepted edicts that real men must live by: No fruit slices garnishing your beer mug, no wine coolers at the tailgate party and no smelling the frosted cranberry spice candles at Bath & Body Works.

Now Emmitt has caused The Official Manual of Man Law to be rewritten with one commandment above all others:

Thou Shalt Never Put Dancing Commitments Ahead of Football Commitments.

I mean, come on, what's next -- Emmitt skipping his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony so he can do a solo in Ziegfeld Follies?

And the danger of this whole thing is that dancing is only the beginning. Where is it going to end? Does Emmitt not show up for the Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl reunion celebration, because he has to perfect his blueberry poppy seed brunch cake recipe for the Pillsbury Bake-Off?

Emmitt Smith has done a disservice to men everywhere by showing you can go from being a macho superstar football player to a sensual, accomplished ballroom dancer. Listen to how John Davis, the president of the Central Florida Chapter of USA Dance, assesses Emmitt's ability: "Emmitt's dancing is smooth, sexy, sophisticated and masculine. Every woman watching wants to dance with a man like that."

And that's the problem. A Gator buddy of mine told me a few days ago that his wife has fallen in love with Emmitt during Dancing With the Stars and has signed up her and her husband for a ballroom dancing class. Good grief, the only thing that possibly could be worse for a man is spending a football Sunday at the mall picking out china patterns.

Emmitt Smith used to be a tough guy who once competed in an NFL playoff game with a separated shoulder. Now, sadly, he's a gentleman who dances in sequined shirts and shiny shoes.

I think I'm going to cry in my beer.

Just as soon as I remove the orange slice.

Mike Bianchi can be reached at mbianchi@orlandosentinel.com.
Copyright © 2006, Orlando Sentinel | Get home delivery - up to 50% off

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview