PlayBuddy
June 16, 2024, 06:14:04 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Extension on challenge

Started by crazy_,

Previous topic - Next topic

MistyW

Good Day,

I've been a reader of this forum for quite some time, and have never felt that I had much to add, until this topic popped up. Below you will find a copy of a letter I wrote to Pogo this morning, I would like your all's thoughts....that is...if you dont mind.

Dear Challenge Maker,

Why do you insist on making challenges that are too 'easy'..Yeah...I said easy!

Some of us players on pogo enjoy having challenges that are..well...a challenge. Wednesday comes...(insert dramatic music here)...the challenges are released ..and shock..horror..stop the press! A lot of us, are usually done with both challenges before we have to stop to make/eat dinner. Leaving us 'ho-hum' until the following week's release.

Quite a few of your games allow the option of ratings, giving those of us that wish to prove our excellence in a particular game, the ability to prance around with a fancy schmancy colored 'dot' near our nickname. Or in my case, in a few games,..a rating so low, even the dog hangs his head. The fact that you create Game Award badges, implies that badges are given for not only skill in a game, but having the time to do a badge as well. If you are going to let us show off our game expertise in these manners, why not allow us the same in the challenges? You track 'stats' in just about every game, allowing others to see our ability or lack thereof, why not in challenges? You offer us levels of difficulty in many games (beginner,intermediate,advanced,expert,master), why not in Challenges?

Since your site seems to have the ability to handle an enormous amount of 'data'. How about making more than 2 challenges a week? Let's see...what if... you made 4 a week, but only allow players to complete 2. Creating 4 challenges in 4 different games that vary in levels of difficulty and/or time consumption. Or keep the challenges to only 2 games but with the choice of doing the 'expert' badge or the 'beginner' badge for each game. Allow us to choose which we want to do for the week, leaving the others undone to be attempted for personal challenges at a later date. Numerous players on your site, who have been club pogo members since day one, have done every challenge, and are left sad and lonely when it comes to personal challenges. This would give them the opportunity to do a new badge (a few weeks later) for their album instead of repeating an older badge. Every week I attempt a particular cribbage badge for my personal challenge...every week I quit it on Tuesday morning, and choose another to complete. Do I rant and rave, and complain to pogo that it's too hard?  No, I continue to try and earn that badge week after week. Maybe I should ask you to lower the requirements for older badges, but that doesn't seem quite fair to those players who had the skill to complete the badge years ago.. now does it?.

Let the players on the site that excel at gameplay, or have loads of time on their hands, the opportunity to strut around with that expert challenge badge. According to you, people have the choice of whether or not to do a challenge. Expand that choice by letting players choose what degree of difficulty they wish to attempt. You offer us all the choice of purchasing one of your new badge albums and wearing that badge as well as the badges that are only received by enduring many, many hours/days/weeks/months/years of game play. What's one more 'choice' amongst friends? You, yourself, describe a challenge as 'A Club Pogo Challenge is a weekly competition that lets Club Pogo fans show off their skills'. You don't really let us 'show off our skills' when you make them so easy, that even a caveman could do it!

Thanks for listening

Regards,
Unchallenged in PogoLand

Regards,
MistyW

gator8_24

Well, I'll stick my 2 cents worth in here as that's all it's worth. I was glad to see the extention for QQ. If everytime you won a game there was a spin fine and dandy. Now doing it by hand not everyone is talented enuf to get the third level everytime to get a  guaranteed spin.  I don't have time to spend a whole week on  1 challenge, nor a whole weekend, it got very boring.  Thus I gave in today and got the auto program. I did have 52 by hand, but just not enuf time in my daily schedule to sit and play that game by hand and NOT get a spin.  From what I read in the chats that not getting a spin for a win was a big complaint. so now I can run it at night to finish and do it for my friend who has the hand and wrist problem currently.

mr.clean

I think the skill badges would be a nice idea but i can see pogo charging us more for this ... Plus it seems like they are having a hardtime with coming up with ideas for badges ..

I Do not like that they made the time longer on this 1 .   Why are the QQ Badge games so much harder than the others ...  sick of seeing people complain about badges beening too hard if they take more than 30 mins too complete. :(

HypnotizedMind

this badge is kinda crazy!!! sokme people r goin to need a xtension!!!

Julie

In Pogo's defense I guess they can't win...On one hand they probably have people writing to them all the time complaining about the challenges not being challenging enough and when they rectify that they have another group of people complaining that's it's all too hard for them and they want extensions :-\

who me?

Well to put my 2 cents in... I do work 12 hour days or nights I should say, and every other weekend so I don't have alot of time. By the time I get home, shower, eat, relax for an hour I sleep about 4 hours if I'm lucky and do it all over again. I am a 150 club member if not for that then I wouldn't have half the challenge badges I do have, so I can see where some people may not have enough time to do a challenge like this.
And Julie said 
QuoteIf time is a problem for people during the week all they have to do is work on it bit by bit each day then they have like a whole weekend to devote to it
Not necessarily true.. when I work the weekend I work Fri - Mon morning 12 hour shifts when I get home Monday I usually sleep till Monday night  :/o\ so not everyone has every weekend free ...I wish  0:
I guess pogo can't please everyone... some want them more challenging and some whine about easy ones  :-\
I just wanted to point out that not everyone has alot of time to do challenges such as this one.

Hey gator.. I love the penquins I laugh every time I see them, but has the one always hit the other in the back of the head? I don't remember seeing that part of it.... I think its so  :))

gator8_24

Yep those penguins make my day everytime I see it!   :)))

Steel Cheater

Quote from: john82379 on September 22, 2006, 11:21:14 PM
I hate to say it, but I have to agree.  if it's going to be a challenge, Pogo shouldn't give in to people's constant whining about how challenges are too hard.  That's why they are called a challenge......we have 7 days, it's not like we only have over the weekend to do it.  They should have left both challenges where they were.

I agree also, i have 54/100 and will definately be done by tues nite.  Ive done worse challenges.  They should of left it alone.

S/H/Z/G

I agree they should have left it alone.  All they've done is create more whiners who are now whining about the whiners that whine about the challenges being too hard.  Equal opportunity whining.

I'm not whining here, I'm standing on my sopabox:

What makes people think that everyone else is just like them and can dedicate an entire weekend to pogo?  Not everyone who plays pogo is addicted to it.  Some play pogo for pure, simple enjoyment.  Getting a badge for a "challenge" is enjoyable.  Getting a badge for "time consumption" is not enjoyable. 

Next..........I'll loan you my box. ""

EyeCu

I didn't use an auto and I got it rather quickly. Then again I didn't keep chatting away hehe. I got the bowling one in 30 mins, I got lucky towards the end and I got one of those turkey things and it let me shoot the ball 3 times, my score was 220.

Tori

Info only for those who imply that anyone who gets the challenges have no life:

First of all, I do work outside my home..granted I work part time. I have a hubby and children and try to make a wonderful homelife for them.  I do not play pogo at all during the hours my family is home and awake.

I admit that on Wednesdays, I do devote more time to Pogo for those "challenges". I'm not one who has every badge in every game.  There are so many more important things in life than Pogo. I have even missed a few challenges for not having the time to do them.

I also admit I useautos when I can..but even with the autos..my computer is not running 24/7. Real life is important to me. This is also one reason, I can't come in here 24/7 to post wtg's and lol's on every thread. I enjoy reading all the posts and do spend time doing this. I've learned lots by becoming a member here and I wish to thank BH for giving me the opportunity to get some of the more time consuming challenges...without interfering with my personal "real" life.

I resent the fact that some choose to imply ppl who have all the challenges have no life outside of Pogo. I did the bowling challenges without an auto...and got them in 1 or 2 games. I suppose this gave me the extra time with help from auto to do the QQ..yeah I cheated on it. I didn't have to cheat on my real life priorities.

I did 50% of the QQ without the auto...maybe because I know my colors and numbers ..just made it a bit easier.

If I had not gotten the QQ badge in 1 week..I still would not have expected Pogo to change it.  I would have accepted the fact this will take me longer to do..if I do ok.if not ok..I'll try again.

So please don't accuse or imply that the ppl who got the badge..have no life.  That is very offensive.

Torn2pieces

I agree Tori.

I happen to work at home, anyway...I don't sit on pogo 24/7 either. Let's just face it, some of us are purdy good at games and can get them done faster them others, with or without an auto. I did every challenge by hand.....

prism30

phooey on pogo. thats all i have to say ......for now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview