PlayBuddy
June 16, 2024, 05:19:39 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Extension on challenge

Started by crazy_,

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy_

In an effort to allow enough time for everyone to complete both this week's Quackadoodle Challenge and earn the Diva Zoppa Super Badge, we have extended the amount of time players have to earn both! Players will have until October 17th to earn both the Quackadoodle Badge and the Diva Zoppa Super badge. The Quackadoodle Badge will not be considered a Special Edition badge, and we will be changing the requirements to earn the badge as a Personal Challenge.

PLEASE NOTE: The wording on the Homepage and in Badge Central will not change until Tuesday!

We recognize that the Quackadoodle Challenge is very time consuming, and we think that this change will allow our players enough time to earn that badge, and as a bonus, we've added time to the Diva Zoppa Super Badge! We will continue to provide players with challenges that are truly challenging, but after investigating this particular challenge, we did feel that we needed to add some time so that people could earn the Quackadoodle Badge.

got it from community news tonight ....

hades

xx_mandy_xx

Quote from: crazy_ on September 22, 2006, 07:28:31 PM
In an effort to allow enough time for everyone to complete both this week's Quackadoodle Challenge and earn the Diva Zoppa Super Badge, we have extended the amount of time players have to earn both! Players will have until October 17th to earn both the Quackadoodle Badge and the Diva Zoppa Super badge. The Quackadoodle Badge will not be considered a Special Edition badge, and we will be changing the requirements to earn the badge as a Personal Challenge.

PLEASE NOTE: The wording on the Homepage and in Badge Central will not change until Tuesday!

We recognize that the Quackadoodle Challenge is very time consuming, and we think that this change will allow our players enough time to earn that badge, and as a bonus, we've added time to the Diva Zoppa Super Badge! We will continue to provide players with challenges that are truly challenging, but after investigating this particular challenge, we did feel that we needed to add some time so that people could earn the Quackadoodle Badge.

got it from community news tonight ....

super duper!!!!

ILoveSiamese

Aint fair
Pogo should have changed this before Wed
as changing the rules in the middle aint right
they already changed the bowling one
why have challenges if it ain't challenging  shoot ya got a week to do them.

I spent 3 days on this badge  without Uncle

I like doing my challenge badges by hand

Rank badges for some games are a different story

john82379

I hate to say it, but I have to agree.  if it's going to be a challenge, Pogo shouldn't give in to people's constant whining about how challenges are too hard.  That's why they are called a challenge......we have 7 days, it's not like we only have over the weekend to do it.  They should have left both challenges where they were.

Julie

Thanks for the info Crazy, I never read the community news <:>  I'm a bit surprised at them extending the Quackadoodle challenge though, I haven't got around to that badge yet but I didn't realize it takes more than 7 days to complete it ::) lol

harley89

I agree changing it aint right. I have been working on it since Wed and will probably finish by Tues. They are called challenges for a reason but they are becoming less and less because of people whinning.  Either do it or dont. you can get it later as a personal

lovebug44

lovebug44

I wood have more but i keep geting cut off by that cripes junk

Torn2pieces

Unreal. Every room I have been in, nothing but complaining over and over. If it's too much for a person, then they shouldn't do it.

I have done mine and hubby's by hand.  I never seen such whiners as I do on pogo. The challenge is very time consuming, but they do give us a week and I do think that is plenty of time to complete it.  WHy have challenges if they're going to change them.

WV4057

"" it was time consuming but i got it in 2 days without a uncles help.

Wild Cat

I agree I got mine in about 15 hrs but I got it.  Now what is the Zoppa super badge?

nightperson

hades

Quote from: WV4057 on September 23, 2006, 06:54:16 AM
"" it was time consuming but i got it in 2 days without a uncles help.

thats way to much time for a challenge badge.

fiz

I do think it was the right thing to do for the PogoBowl Challenge. I played 5 games (without auto) and only got 140-160 each time.  ???

Tori

Quote from: Torn2pieces on September 23, 2006, 06:51:10 AM
Unreal. Every room I have been in, nothing but complaining over and over. If it's too much for a person, then they shouldn't do it.

I have done mine and hubby's by hand.  I never seen such whiners as I do on pogo. The challenge is very time consuming, but they do give us a week and I do think that is plenty of time to complete it.  WHy have challenges if they're going to change them.

I totally agree. Pogo should stop calling them weekly "challenges" then and call them "this week's badge giveaway".
Next week's giveaways will be "Open 2 game windows of your choice" 

The QQ challenge was time consuming, however, I finished 3 of them and 3 bowling by Friday. I'm getting to the point I don't even care to play Pogo anymore...can't chat, without being banned blah blah and now I'm starting to whine  >>:D

Julie

Quote from: Torn2pieces on September 23, 2006, 06:51:10 AM

Exactly!  I mean forget autos, doing that challenge by hand should not be that hard and it shouldn't take anybody longer than the original 7 days.  If time is a problem for people during the week all they have to do is work on it bit by bit each day then they have like a whole weekend to devote to it ::)

CanadianPrincess

That's right...now you have an entire MONTH to be tortured by "quack kills" instead of just a week.  The game is a pain in the butt, but the challenge is not impossible in a week.  I finally got the bowling badge last night too.  I had a good coach who fixed my shot so I could pick up the strikes.

Spawn O Satan

Yes, I agree that challenges should be just that - challenging. But challenging as far as skill goes, not how much time you can spend sitting on your computer without going crazy. I don't recall the name of it, but there was a poppit special weekend challenge a few months ago where you had to get every balloon twice. I had never done that before once in all of my games of poppit, yet by trying over and over I finally won the badge on my own. THAT was a challenge, and it feels great when I can look at that badge in my albumn and know I worked my buns off to get it and earned it myself. However, challenges that are just time consuming I find no joy or sense of accomplishment in finishing, except from being able to say "thank god I don't have to do that ever again."

Even if you have good skill with this game and get 1000+ tickets each game, you still have to play a minimum of 100 games to earn the badge. For me it takes roughly 3mins per game, so that comes out to minimum 5 hours of playing for just this game alone. Forget about the bowling one and your personal challenge, and any premium challenges you might also have open while trying to go for the super badge too.

Maybe the rest of you have that much time to devote to pogo (or are fortunate enough to be able to afford the autos), but I'm not so lucky. I try to set aside an hour each night for my badges, but between school, two jobs, and a social life, it's not always easy. I just wish Pogo would make challenges that reward the skilled players and not the ones suffering from no-life syndrome who can sit there and play for 15hrs a day until they get it. (no offense)

Tara

I think its stupid to extend the challenge. Why have them. It's not impossbile to do. You have 7 days to do it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview