PlayBuddy
June 16, 2024, 04:29:51 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Gator n taters

Started by Darling SilverDodger,

Previous topic - Next topic

Darling SilverDodger

Alligator Tacos

Ingredients:
For the alligator:

1 lb. alligator tenderloin
6 key limes
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/3 cup toasted cornmeal
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup corn oil
For the corn tortillas:
2 ears yellow corn
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup water
For the salsa:
1/2 cup shredded queso
1 ripe avocado
1 ripe tomato
2 key limes

Roast the corn briefly over an open flame and slice the kernels from the ears. Chop the corn coarsely in a food processor. Mix the cornmeal, flour, crushed garlic, 1/2 cup of water and the corn to make a thick paste. Roll out the tortilla dough into thin 3' rounds on parchment paper or between sheets of plastic wrap, and fry in a hot skillet for about 45 seconds on each side.
Chop the alligator tenderloin into 1/2' cubes. Marinate for an hour in the juice of the key limes and the crushed garlic. Mix the cumin, toasted cornmeal and 1/3 cup of flour. Dredge the gator cubes in the mixture. Bring the oil to 350 degrees and fry quickly in a skillet, turning once.

Roast the tomato briefly over an open flame and chop into tiny cubes. Chop the avocado into cubes of the same size. Mix the fire-roasted corn, tomato and avocado with the juice of 2 key limes to make the salsa.

Serve with sour cream, fresh crisp lettuce and shredded Mexican queso cheese.

Robin's Fancy Fried Gator

Ingredients:

3 pounds fresh gator tail, cubed
4 cups canola oil

For the egg wash:

4 beaten eggs
1/2 cup milk
Louisiana hot sauce to taste
For the dry mix:

3 cups Drakes Crispy Fry mix
2 cups Vigo Italian style bread crumbs
3 tbsp dry parsley
4 tbsp Everglades season mix
4 tbsp Garlic Powder
2 tbsp dry thyme
1 tbsp dry dill
Cayenne and black pepper to taste
Cajun spice

Start with 3 pounds of fresh gator tail cut into 2 inch cubes. Wash each piece and drop into a mixture of flour and Cajun spice. Drop the meat directly from the flour into the egg wash. From there cover completely in the dry mix. When no meat can be seen through the dry mix, you are ready to fry those babies up! Deep fry until they float in pure canola oil. Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with Cajun spice just out of the oil

Stirred Gator And Almonds

Makes 6 servings 2 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup diagonally sliced celery
3/4 cup thinly sliced onions
3/4 cup red bell pepper strips, cut in 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons Peanut Oil, divided
1 1/2 pounds lean gator meat, cut in 1-inch cubes
3/4 cup Sliced Almonds
Hot cooked rice

1. Mix broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger in small bowl; set aside.

2. Cook and stir celery, onions and peppers in 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium's heat until tender-crisp; remove from skillet.

3. Add remaining oil to skillet; cook and stir gator until no longer pink. Stir in broth mixture; cook and stir until mixture thickens and begins to boil.

4. Stir in vegetables and almonds. Serve over rice.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

swamp

Tara

Ms.Behavin

Mr. Rasputia

can't forget about my in-breed relatives from the south  !@!

Pogo#1cheater

omg gator taco's makes me wanna  :xx just reading about it let alone eating it >:(( (O+O)

Darling SilverDodger

If you don't like gator meat in the recipes ....then you can always use chicken .. but I can't understand why you wouldn't like it ..it tastes just like chicken with a bite  :))
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

Tara

I've never even seen gator meat for sale...maybe you don't buy it?  You supply it yourself?  :-\  I bet that bite is a hellva bite!

Pogo#1cheater

me nither never seen gator meat for salearound me must be only in the south in heckvile

swamp

come on down to south fl we got it   all u wont  its $17.50 a pound  for ppl from up north   yall come back now u hear   settin on our bag of seads  :)) :)) :)) :)) :##

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview