This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

warning about restoring to factory & pogo games

Started by kandykoolaid,

Previous topic - Next topic

kandykoolaid

Be careful if you ever restore to factory ev 1 any downloaded games from pogo poppitshow ~ lottso deluxe you will lose all ranks I had to restore and lost all my ranks at poppitshow I figured it saves like normal ranks do in pogo well I was wrong and i never knew this so the nice ppl at pogo told me so sorry about your luck redo well they dont give a hoot since they have my 20 bucks .. Looking like a program is needed for that game soon as i wont redo it all again really ticked me off ... If i had known i would have saved it ..   :{:  what a slap in the face that was!! thxs pogo !!

bonjovifan

Sry to hear about your bad luck - I restored my computer Saturday & I guess I was lucky, I still have all my ranks in both games.  The Poppit Show worked immediately after restored but I did have to reload Lottso Deluxe.  Reloading didn't erase my ranks.  Did you contact Pogo or Oberion (I think that's the name) about your game?  Good Luck

gigi

I had that happen when I got my new computer and found out I was now on Vista, which I guess is as much trouble as a restore, however Oberion sucks!!!  They told me tough luck on a few of my downloaded games, that they were too old (12 months) so those games are just hanging out there in hopes that some day they may once again be usable.
Oberion gave me a few things to do with the poppit show that did not work and further attempt to get satilsafaction yielded no responses from them.... they said it was a pogo problem./... pogo said it was Oberion.... I sent each one each other's letters and I finally got it running, but had to start from the very beginning although in Stats it shows I'm rank 50. 
I also want to mention that the first time I contacted them I was given no help and two weeks later I tried again and got the help.  I think a lot depends on how tired the person is that got dealt to you
One more mention, only to confirm there are very cooperative companies out there.... I won't mention the name cause it might be against the rules (let me know) but this other company that I buy most of my downloaded games from couldn't get one of their 6 games working on my machine and they said I could pick any two of their games as compensation.  Now is that customer service or what?????

kandykoolaid

yes I sent an email to pogo they told me once you restore to factory and you dont save any downloaded games like poppitshow or lottso deluxe you will lose all ranks and have to restart all over I didnt understand why because as pogo saves all our ranks in the member part why arent these saved also ? Well I guess im stupid cause the reply i got back was rather rude saying I should have known i would lose all this restoring to factory they said we keep all that in our data system but not the downloadable ones ??? When you put your key back in after putting the game back on the computer why doesnt it reset to where you were Im confused on this If anyone knows a way to get this back plz let me know cause I sure have no clue Im assuming the ranks are lost now I told pogo no way am i redoing that whole game again enjoy my 20 bucks and left it at that ( was angry ) with their reply earlier ... thxs ev 1  :-\

gigi

so sry........ that could have been my conversation too.  I just lost progress, I DID NOT lose my ranks.  I have all the freebies still - mini clothes and such, I just have to start over at door one

pretzelgirl

I recently had to send in my desktop computer for warranty service (twice in the past two weeks) and each time they re-imaged my hard drive.  The first time I had installed and played the poppit show, and when I got my computer back and reinstalled the game it did show no ranks or anything, but then I played one game in the show mode then went and checked my stats which then showed where I had left off, but I did have to redo all the game doors if playing in the show mode.  I hope all of this makes sense? 

Before I got my computer back the second time I had purchased and installed lottso deluxe on a laptop computer and started playing.  Then when computer came back the other day I downloaded and installed the game on it and same thingl.  It initially showed no progress in ranks, but played 1 game and checked and I was at rank 21 which is where I had gotten on the laptop.

I think it's because yes, your rank progress and badges are stored on pogo server, but when you reinstall the game on either a new system or re-imaged system, the game doesn't realize your progress until you log in and play at least 1 game.  Hope this helps anyone experiencing problems after restore and such.

kandykoolaid

thxs so much Ill check it out If its gone still well i guess I redo or let it go lol  vacation8.gif 

ICER

Quote from: kandykoolaid on July 17, 2007, 11:53:53 PM
Be careful if you ever restore to factory ev 1 any downloaded games from pogo poppitshow ~ lottso deluxe you will lose all ranks I had to restore and lost all my ranks at poppitshow I figured it saves like normal ranks do in pogo well I was wrong and i never knew this so the nice ppl at pogo told me so sorry about your luck redo well they dont give a hoot since they have my 20 bucks .. Looking like a program is needed for that game soon as i wont redo it all again really ticked me off ... If i had known i would have saved it ..   :{:  what a slap in the face that was!! thxs pogo !!

There is a difference when you use system restore...factory restore is the default..try last known date your system was running well before you use that default settings!

Runner

Quote from: kandykoolaid on July 17, 2007, 11:53:53 PM

I took my hard drive out of my pc and torched it. Literally took it to my shop and torched it.  Bought new hard drive and guess what???

Still had all my progress on both my to go games.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview