PlayBuddy
May 17, 2024, 10:18:33 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

How I fixed my ongoing glitches with many autos

Started by BadgeBabe,

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeBabe

K.I.S.S. principle at work. You know how we are all learning that if our current version of an auto is working FINE, to leave it alone?

Well, the same thing applies to IE. I had really bad system freezes on and off Pogo, and my game play was not what it used to be with the same autos. I did something that I hope isn't going to cause controversy by me mentioning it.
I uninstalled IE 7 and VISTA and installed IE 6. It's dependable, it is fast, it's been around long enough to have the bugs worked out, and my system freezes and slow downs have stopped.
I should mention that my computer is fully capable of running IE 7 and VISTA without any problems. It has resources galore, but something just never was right with VISTA.

After the rollback, it's like having a new PC. My games are playing great with the cheats now!!!

I expect that better results will also be had by using Firefox instead of IE. Just a suggestion if you are having problems with programs and VISTA.

Stinkerbell

Thanks for sharing your findings.  I was having all kinds of problems with Firefox and Vista, but with IE 7 and Mozilla and Vista, I have very few problems. Except with Domination... that's a bear.

IndianLover

Quote from: BadgeBabe on December 05, 2007, 10:01:03 PM
K.I.S.S. principle at work. You know how we are all learning that if our current version of an auto is working FINE, to leave it alone?

Well, the same thing applies to IE. I had really bad system freezes on and off Pogo, and my game play was not what it used to be with the same autos. I did something that I hope isn't going to cause controversy by me mentioning it.
I uninstalled IE 7 and VISTA and installed IE 6. It's dependable, it is fast, it's been around long enough to have the bugs worked out, and my system freezes and slow downs have stopped.
I should mention that my computer is fully capable of running IE 7 and VISTA without any problems. It has resources galore, but something just never was right with VISTA.

After the rollback, it's like having a new PC. My games are playing great with the cheats now!!!

I expect that better results will also be had by using Firefox instead of IE. Just a suggestion if you are having problems with programs and VISTA.

I never changed from IE6 to IE7 lol and I have xp no vista here. And glad to hear it is working good for you since you changed back to IE6 :)

BadgeBabe

Quote from: FreecellFanny on December 06, 2007, 03:22:29 PM
Vista is so bad Microsoft is offering downgrades now.

Here's the story: http://www.news.com/The-XP-alternative-for-Vista-PCs/2100-1016_3-6209481.html

Oh man, I am not a bit surprised!!! I am SO glad I did it on my own before MS had to tell people, LOL.
I am running XP Pro and VISTA simply doesn't configure well with it.

Symbion

I'd use my Mac exclusively if it wasn't for the Autos being PC only. lol

In_hiding

Im using vista now, I havent had any problems until this week,running my autos, Now im wondering if I should  get windows xp again.  :=

Stinkerbell

jeffy

my vista runs autos fine with ie7, been using it over a year now and i have 1060 badges now, its all in how you tweak your pc and how much ya know to fix and alter stuff only problem ive had is with the to go games and autos well only poppit show so far.

ADD: cant always blame windows, honestly sometimes it might be the auto just needed updated and ultimately it could be pogos fault sometimes (most times) too.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jeffy on December 06, 2007, 08:36:34 PM
my vista runs autos fine with ie7, been using it over a year now and i have 1060 badges now, its all in how you tweak your pc and how much ya know to fix and alter stuff only problem ive had is with the to go games and autos well only poppit show so far.

ADD: cant always blame windows, honestly sometimes it might be the auto just needed updated and ultimately it could be pogos fault sometimes (most times) too.

I agree, can't always blame Vista, and I think if I could learn my way around it, ie., finding things, I'd be happier with it.  I do however have a computer with XP on it and the same autos that do not work on my vista setup DO work on XP.

rhondairv

Hi all. this is my first post and i really hope you guys can help. I haven't had any trouble with my autos because i took the aeros feature off vista and clicked to use the standard version. I thought i had no choice. Now i see i do and i was so excited. I did just exactly as the directions said here and on the help page on badgehelp but it isn't working. When i do i get the auto saying ''Found Browser Game Window'' but it never starts. When i put enable transparency my auto goes askew and does nothing.
Has anyone else had this and found a solution besides not using the aero feature?

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

rhondairv

:'(( Just what i was hoping NOT to hear. Oh well,guess i am one of the unlucky ones to not be able to use my autos AND aero,but i want my autos working more than aero so it's not a total loss.
Thanks for replying. <3

TmT

rhondairv

I love aero. i love the way it looks and it doesn't mess with anything but my autos. I would say it's a preference just like anything else.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview