PlayBuddy
May 23, 2024, 01:39:58 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Riddle of the Day 21 Dec 07

Started by TmT,

Previous topic - Next topic

TmT

A "Wise King" devised a contest to see who would receive the Princess hand in marriage.

The Princess was put in a 50x50 foot carpeted room. Each of her four suitors were put in one corner of the room with a small box to stand on. The first one to touch the Princess hand would be the winner and become the new King.

The rules of the test were that the contestants could not walk over the carpet, cross the plane of the carpet, or hang from anything; nor could they use anything but their body and wits (i.e. no magic or telepathy, nor any items such as ladders, block and tackles, etc.).

One suitor figured out a way and married the Princess and became the new King.

How did he figure it out?

*Hint: you can try to figure this out w/o cheating or "google it" (Google Queen) lol*

Darling SilverDodger

He asked the princess to come over to him and asks for her hand in marriage.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

TmT

Quote from: Darling SilverDodger on December 12, 2007, 02:38:04 PM
He asked the princess to come over to him and asks for her hand in marriage.
Close enuf :D :/\ O0
Answer:

The successful suitor simply asked the Princess to walk over to where he stood, and to touch his hand!

=====================================================================================

Riddle 2 of the Day

A 6-foot tall Magician had a water glass and was holding the glass above his head. He let it drop to the carpet without spilling a single drop of water.

How could he manage to drop the glass from a height of six feet and not spill a drop of water?

Darling SilverDodger

Lets see  ... "a water glass" doesn't mean a glass of water but a kind of drinking glass ... so going with that --- the Magician dropped an empty glass to the floor

fall13.gif
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

TmT

Ok.. good girl  :D Yahooooooooo 2 for 2

Next:

I am four words
Though there appear to be three
Two ways of pronouncing
Three spellings there be.
The first is a manner of indicating, a case being such, or therefore, or a measure of degree.
The second is a pig, female you see.
The third is also on a farm, a manner of planting of seed.
The fourth is to stitch, to hold fabric together, indeed.

Can you tell me now, what word could this be?

Darling SilverDodger

mmm Lets see... how about so, sow, sow, and sew....  :)) that my guess .....  never heard this one before

fall13.gif

TmT

Quote from: Darling SilverDodger on December 13, 2007, 01:52:01 PM
mmm Lets see... how about so, sow, sow, and sew....  :)) that my guess .....  never heard this one before

fall13.gif
<<fallin out my chair>>lmao ur a smarty pants.. I love it!!

Ok next:

A man was to be sentenced, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to six years in prison." After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?

sherilynn

And the man said..... You will sentence me to six years in prison!!!  :D

eyedoc55

TmT

Quote from: sherilynn on December 17, 2007, 06:20:18 PM
And the man said..... You will sentence me to six years in prison!!!  :D
lmao... very good... very very good!!! Excellenteee!!! rofl

Next:
A girl is twice as old as her brother and half as old as her father. In 22 years, her brother will be half as old as his father. How old is the daughter now?

TmT

Quote from: Monkey on December 21, 2007, 07:29:49 AM
22 years old  :>>

:!!

Next:

Pat gave Patrick as many dollars as Patrick started out with.

Patrick then gave Pat back as much as Pat had left.

Pat then gave Patrick as back as many dollars as Patrick had left, which left Pat broke and gave

Patrick a total of $80.00.

How much did Pat and Patrick have at the beginning of their exchange?

sherilynn

:-X  Pat started with $50 and Patrick started with $30.00   

TmT

Quote from: sherilynn on December 21, 2007, 03:24:03 PM
:-X  Pat started with $50 and Patrick started with $30.00   
:D :/\ O0  :[ lol

Next:

A man is lying dead with a backpack on, face down in the desert. What happened?

Jonathan

sherilynn

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview