PlayBuddy
June 08, 2024, 05:21:45 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Can't Play Card Games

Started by pogoisevil,

Previous topic - Next topic

pogoisevil

Lately, when trying to play spades or canasta, I can't get into a room. The screen goes blank and IE (and FF) closes itself.

Spyware, virus??? Anyone else experiencing anything similar? 

DitzyChick

Did you install a popup blocker?  Mine used to do that... Try holding down the ctrl key after you choose your room settings when you hit the ok button.

I finally just ended up getting rid of it cuz it was a pain in the butt when I would forget to press ctrl.

PogoKaz

This used to come up on mine but had a message saying

"whoa you have a pop-up blocker installed - click ...... to enter a game"

Other alternatives you may try is going on the java site both from ff and ie and making sure you have the latest java updates.  They are completely differant so you could sort one and still be left with a problem on the other.

Have you had any recent changes to your graphics card?  Windows may have auto installed the latest updates.
Go into device manager and see if there are any updates for the driver or roll them back and see if that solves the issue.

When did they last work?  Go to system restore and have a look at dates after and see what may have been installed on your computer since they last worked, if necessary roll back to when they worked.

Hope this helps and Merry Xmas
Pogokaz

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview