PlayBuddy
May 22, 2024, 09:48:44 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Cant get auto's to work

Started by Lywarior1,

Previous topic - Next topic

Lywarior1

Ok I give up I've tried everything to get these things to work and they just sit there :-X Must be this old pc. First of all I don't have 32bit color I have the 1020 whatever but that will only work with the lowest color sitting it wont let me do it on 24 or 16 bit color. And mine is really small on the 1020/728 The auto just sits there. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the java just had the pc formatted and reinstalled the win98. What else can I do dont have a clue????? Guess I'll just have to use the autos at the library cause on this pc they just won't work at all talking about majong and forture bingo. About the only one that does work so far is WWW.  None of the others will work. and none of DJ's auto helpers work guess Im out of luck :'(

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Lywarior1

Operating system windows98 older version, Highest color setting I have is 24bit, highest screen size is 640/480 that works with 16 or 24 bit  I have the 1040 by 724 but that only works in 256color settings. Hope this is what you need. I have EI I think its a older verison of it Im not sure. Also have a neoplanet browser. Normal setting is 16bit color smooth fon thing is off.

Homer

Hate to tell you this but your pc is sorely lacking in some areas. Probably why the autos won't work for you.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

bob@pogopal

At the very minimum, your computer must be able to display true color (24-bit or 32-bit) at 800x600 resolution to use Dottie's Dauber or Mahjong-O-Matic. What is the best color depth your computer can support at 800x600 resolution?

Lywarior1

16bit is the highest on that setting if I put it on 24bit it jumps to the 640/460 setting I have an older pc thats alot older then this one that does have the 32bit color setting but it also jumps to the 640/460 setting it wont go on the 800/600 when I put it on the 32bit setting unless theres a way to change it.

bob@pogopal

That means your computer cannot run the autos. It does not meet the minimum requirements.

Lywarior1

Hey Bob is there any way u can maybe make a helper program for older computers like mine then?

bob@pogopal

Not really. The full game does not fit on the screen at less than 800x600 resolution, and if the computer has lower color depth than 24-bit the changes to the colors when realizing the palette make the auto unreliable.

fatkid

Ly, have you tried updating your PC?
Chances are if you update the drivers for your vid card and for everything else in 98 (as I'm sure if you aren't running 98 SE there will be TONS to update) then you will probably be able to get up to 800x600 on 24 or 32 bit color, if not 1024x768(?) ... Just a suggestion before you toss the old machine out...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview