PlayBuddy
June 04, 2024, 01:05:01 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Have virus/Need to reformat/Will I lose my program?

Started by violetz,

Previous topic - Next topic

violetz

:'(  Hi, I have a virus that just cannot be gotten rid of. Even the tech guys have given up as a lost cause. I will have to reformat my hard drive. I bought Tri-Peaks Buddy and I don't want to have a  problem to re-download this program. Any suggestions. I have the registration code saved in my email. Will that be enough? I hope so. Incidentially, If any of you see a pop-up about CoolWebSearch or anything with MyWebSearch, stay away from it!!!!!!! It is bad. It changes it's file names so that it reinfects with a new virus infection when I get rid of it in old name.
Violetz

SoaringUSAEagle

Send an email to  BadgeHelp@aol.com with your proof of purchase, your new registration codes and a short explanation that you had to flatten your computer due to a technical glitch.

violetz

Super Duckie

may be to late to tell you this, all you may have to do is a system recovery and take your computer back a week or two, depending on how serious the virus is....

violetz

:(
Unfortunately, I have windows 98SE and don't have Systems recovery like the  XP does.I can take my system back 3 days but I cannot remember how to do it. I would have to use REGEGIT or something like that and go into DOS and tell the computer to go back 3 days. That wouldn't help me.
I do a systems recovery with a CD which luckily I have. The pain is wiping out all software and files.
My son installed a Mahjong game that I may be unable to replace. The real pain is that I haveto set up the dialer for the internet all over again which can be a headache and a half. Then, more than likely my drivers will have to be updated somehow. I am not looking forward to this at all.
I do appreciate the advice tho which would be good if I had XP.  :(

Super Duckie

yea, you may not have a virus at all, you may have a non-malicious code in your computer, which aren't to dangerous but are a pain, which the above link by Narcimus has posted will help you out.  I really doubt you will have to re-do your computer, i don't think you have any worries

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview