This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Walmart/found this reading pogo's help files

Started by DEBKARLAR,

Previous topic - Next topic

DEBKARLAR

"I get "Web Page Not Found" errors. I'm using an AOL, Compuserve, or Wal-Mart Browser."

I wasn't aware Wal-Mart had a browser

ZaLandCruiser

Yes, Wallmart has a Browser, there Dial-Up is $9.94 and i heard its pritty good  ;).

Stupiddave99

ZaLandCruiser

Ive seen Walmart has started used car dealers , Gas Stops, There getting crazy , but if some company can pull it off it's Walmart  ;).

Viggy

I despise Wal-Mart, they takes jobs away from small towns and create part time low paying jobs with no benefits.....BOOOOOOOO WAL-MART ???

Super Duckie

gotta disagree, people are moaning about Wal*Mart running these little places out of business, these places are going out themselfs, either they are getting to Old to run it or they are going bankrupt, or they just can't keep up with it anymore.. I don't see any harm done to any other stores.  Just gives something for people to complain about i guess.. on another note, you know what they say about places that get to big too fast.................

vaporware

Next month Walmart is supposed to get into the Baby Broker business as well.......

........won't those Walmart 'Rolling Back prices on Babies' commercials
                     be cool?

John

Blue Aquarius

I also despise Walmart.  I live in a small town.  When I say small town I am talking a population of under 8000.  When Walmart first decided to build here there was the usual protests of people not wanting them to come in.  I was on the other side I wanted them to come in.  They came in and had real low prices.  Put the Kmart right on its tail here.  Then the next thing you know the prices jacked up.  And I know several people who work for them and some of the stories they tell are unreal.  My mother in law even worked for them and her conversations as well as other employee conversations were being recorded without prior knowledge.

Raine

I despise Walmart because of the way they treat their employees.  My Mom worked for them when I was younger; she ended up quitting, throwing the keys to the dressing room in the managers face, and telling him he could go to hell. I love what those people in California did, by voting against Walmart building a store in their area. There's no need to have a Walmart every 10 miles. Where I live it isn't that big, but still we have about 4 or 5 Walmarts that are to near one another.

ronandamee1

Quote from: Ducky on June 19, 2004, 06:25:32 PM
gotta disagree, people are moaning about Wal*Mart running these little places out of business, these places are going out themselfs, either they are getting to Old to run it or they are going bankrupt, or they just can't keep up with it anymore.. I don't see any harm done to any other stores.  Just gives something for people to complain about i guess.. on another note, you know what they say about places that get to big too fast.................
I gotta disagree with that. I think walmart is an example of how this country has declined. 15 years ago you could have started a decent business selling anything out of a corner store. Those days are long gone. There is no was a store can keep up with walmarts pricing. They can drop rock bottom(to the point that they are not making money) until you go under. A giant company like that hiring dirty mexican, no green card having, work for 5 dollars a day aliens. Its a damn shame. Government should have shut that chain down. Same with property value. 15 years ago you could buy a nice house for under 50k. Now that 50k dollar house is 100k. Minimum wage went up .75 cents though.

TonySoprano

Wal-Mart is nothing but pure coprate greed and and evil.  They are ANTI-UNION, they pay their employees unfair wages, they slip just under overtime laws, and throw small businesses into bankruptcy.

Wal-Mart is now the world's biggest corporation, surpassing ExxonMobil with $220 billion a year. The average employee makes only $15,000 a year for full-time work.  Health-care benefits? Only if you've been there two years; then the plan hits you with such huge premiums that few can afford it--only 38 percent of Wal-Marters are covered.Thinking union? Get outta here! "Wal-Mart is opposed to unionization," reads a company guidebook for supervisors. "You, as a manager, are expected to support the company's position. ... This may mean walking a tightrope between legitimate campaigning and improper conduct." -Quote http://www.indyweek.com/durham/2002-05-08/news.html

http://www.anti-walmart.com/badwalmart/index.html That is a MUST SEE anti-Wal-Mart page. (one of my favorites)
http://www.hel-mart.com/links.php That one is ok, not the best..
http://www.carryabigsticker.com/Wal-Mart-wrecks-towns.htm Buy an Anti Wal-Mart bumper sticker.

W recking
A  ll
L  ittle

M erchants
A nd
R uining
T owns

Tupac

ZaLandCruiser

Super Duckie

if i remeber right, 4 peple own walmart, but all from the same family. Because i read somewhere they are in the top 10 most richest people

Raine

Quote from: Duckie Quackers on June 22, 2004, 07:50:56 PM
if i remeber right, 4 peple own walmart, but all from the same family. Because i read somewhere they are in the top 10 most richest people

Probably all of Sam Walton's children. One of his daughters also owns a trucking line, can't remember which one though

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview