Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

F***, George Carlin's Dead

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Posted Jun 23rd 2008 1:16AM by TMZ Staff

Bust out those seven words, it's time for a tribute. Legendary comedian George Carlin has died.

The 71-year-old Carlin died around 6:00 PM PT this evening at an L.A. hospital after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains.

A battle over his comedy -- namely his "Filthy Words" routine -- went all the way to the Supreme Court.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

I heard this on the radio this morning and remembered all the albums my dad had, the TV shows.... he was one funny guy.  The cussing bothered me, that's just me, but he could put a spin on things that had me literally ROFL!   :))  Another great talent gone :(

Tara

I'm trying to figure out what the four letter F word in the subject is?  :!#

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

I heard about his death this morning and it broke my heart. No only was he a brilliant comedian but he had a very bright mind and very keen insights on this country and the many problems faced.  Most people didnt see the truth wrapped in his comedy. The four letter word thing was his way of stating his mind. The funniest routine I ever saw him do was he walked on stage and said nothing just looked at the crowd and they where rolling in the aisles laughing. That lasted for about 5 minutes. While he will always be known as a comedian I will always see him for the insight into the American life that he had.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: harley89 on June 23, 2008, 09:55:06 AM
I heard about his death this morning and it broke my heart. No only was he a brilliant comedian but he had a very bright mind and very keen insights on this country and the many problems faced.  Most people didnt see the truth wrapped in his comedy. The four letter word thing was his way of stating his mind. The funniest routine I ever saw him do was he walked on stage and said nothing just looked at the crowd and they where rolling in the aisles laughing. That lasted for about 5 minutes. While he will always be known as a comedian I will always see him for the insight into the American life that he had.

Very true, Harl.  He really knew his politics!

xgingerx

he was a very smart and funny guy...not many of them left...
:(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview