PlayBuddy
June 15, 2024, 06:43:24 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

beta site question

Started by crazyeagle,

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyeagle

ok you all know im new here right??
well now its time to ask a newbie question ( maybe stupid but thats me )
ok where / what is beta site ?

ok i asked now stop laughing @ me  :D

Stinkerbell

Pogo uses beta testers to test games before they are released.  You have to sign up, apply, be accepted to beta test, then you're sent a link to the site with a password so you can log in and test the games.

Not a stupid question at all !

Squid

Pogo will run an announcement when they are looking for new beta testers.  Keep your eyes open and then apply!

crazyeagle

again ty all so much ....
you all always answer my questions wif out bein mean or nasty to me ( not yet ne way )  :pp sooner or later i gonna help some1 if i has 2 make up somefin to help wif

lol
again thank u all so berry munch :-)

the crazy 1

indian.gif  CrazyEagIe    indian.gif

Runner

~Sassy~

I wanna be on the beta site  girls18.gif I don't know where it is Crazy Eagle but I would tell you if I knew.  :>> I know they let some people Pogo chooses to test their new games they want to have on Pogo. I think once you are selected they give you the website address which takes you to the beta site and you get to see all of the new games and stuff which will be coming out soon. They usually post it on Pogo when they are looking for new Beta testers, so watch your Pogo home page.
Welcome to the forum Crazy Eagle, there are a lot of nice people here. I am sure you will enjoy it. But bring your peace pipe 'cause sometimes you're going to need it.  :))

BadgeBabe

Pogo puts a BIG ad up on their " new and improved- NOT) homepage whenever they are taking applications for Beta testers. If one of us sees it in time, we usually post something about it, but the notice about Beta testing is always on the Pogo site for all to see at the same time.
Usually there is a window of time to apply, somewhere around a week, usually. They do give you a form to fill out after they ask a few basic questions. They do take people who play the games with autos, as I have been a Beta tester 2 times already and I want my 2 Beta Tester badges ( 2 different Club Pogo accounts) for it, LOL.

Badge Babe

Squid

I hate to be contradictory (  >:D ) but I saw the announcement on the homepage when I applied and became a beta tester.  Perhaps they list it in several places?

BadgeBabe

Quote from: Squid on July 02, 2008, 03:45:24 AM
I hate to be contradictory (  >:D ) but I saw the announcement on the homepage when I applied and became a beta tester.  Perhaps they list it in several places?

No, we are saying the exact same thing, LOL. I call the " announcements" ads. They are properly called Announcements. :)

BTW, if anyone hasn't seen my new post, Pogo is taking apps for Beta testers right now. Check out the changing ANNOUNCEMENT Screen at the top of the POGO SITE HOMEPAGE. Not here, not anywhere else. Just there.

Squid

I applied.

They need me.  They just may not know it yet.

:)))

BadgeBabe

I'm quite sure you will be an asset for them. Question is, do you need them?
Beta testing was fun the first time I did it. The site was up and working and the games were accessible. Not so the second time I was a BT. It was like a whole other site, one kind of like you would expect in the first year of Pogo's existance, with a bunch of rookie programmers.. It was a nightmare. I think maybe I tested 5 games because of all the overall site glitches.
The support staff was the pits the second time too. From what I have read, it hasn't improved. But, good luck, have fun snooping, and hopefully, TIIC  will get their acts together on Beta Pogo.
I've skipped over the Beta site complaints since then, because I know how frustrating it is, but can't change a thing.

arniebear

I, also, have a question if you are a beta tester do they monitor your computer and what is on it?  I know they do audits if you win a money prize, but do they do this for beta testing.  I really don't want to have to evict Uncle Otto and all his family from their home, they seem to enjoy it so much  ::)

xgingerx

i hope someone here gets to be a tester...we need the durt on pogo and there games lol :##

Runner

I applied  ( on like 10 accounts )

lol

:///

(never been a beta tester before , hope I get picked)

catfancie

tumbsup.gif   Pogo has posted an advertisement for beta testers on the front page.   :;'

Stinkerbell

Quote from: catfancie on July 03, 2008, 10:55:12 AM
tumbsup.gif   Pogo has posted an advertisement for beta testers on the front page.   :;'

tumbsup.gif

crazyeagle

ok here we go again :-(     i wanna sign up   but where is the darn thing

i go to home page   see lots of stuff

but nuffing fo beta tester
i see

" this weeks badges "

" for your mini "
downloadable games "
the buzz "

but nuffing for beta tester ne where help
PWEZZZZZZZ  :OO girls18.gif

ty all in advance

indian.gif  CrazyEagle  indian.gif

crazyeagle

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR

ok i found it .....
but afta filling everything out
the last screen tells me this ...

We've done it! Thanks to players like you we've collected enough applicants to get the Pogo™ Beta Test Program started. Unfortunately this means we had to close down the registration process but don't fret, we'll open up registration every 3-4 months so stay tuned and look for the invitations!

Thanks for your support!

The Pogo Team

is it just me  or do i feel like pogo hates me ....
i got nuffing from pogo ever   no hat  no cup  no walpaper now thay say sign up for beta testing  and i do and its over
i think im done
just my  pogo luck
** tisk **
and im still not over 1.5 mil since 2001 as a member  :ll girls18.gif :(

indian.gif  crazyeagle  indian.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview