PlayBuddy
June 05, 2024, 05:02:24 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

POGO on Yahoo???

Started by Runner,

Previous topic - Next topic

Runner

I just found this on Yahoo.  I have no idea how long this has been going on.

There is an actual tab on yahoo games for pogo !! 

http://games.yahoo.com/games/front       (far right is the pogo link)

When you click on it, it opens pogo up in a yahoo window. 

Ohh please please don't tell me yahoo and pogo are going to merge..please please..

:(

~Sassy~

:= I wish I could say NO! But I Googled it and went from that link and it came up the same...Pogo on Yahoo. Doesn't look good Runner.  :-\

gator8_24

I noticed it too. Think there was another game also.  I just assumed it was an ad for Pogo as that is what is usually in that space.

Runner

Hopefully pogo is just buying ad space like the money sites do. 

I like both sites, they both have their qualities.

If they merge, yahoo will be the one taking over, and they will screw pogo up. 

gator8_24

I know yahoo will screw up Pogo , they do it just to my emails etc!

mr.clean

ea is bigger than Yahoo ever was . Pogo is 1 game site on the net.

harley89

Okay this is not good if yahoo screws up yahoo we all know pogo screws up pogo we are doomed

MsMissy

Oh God, i hope they dont put pogo on yahoo. will have all those kids coming to our game rooms & yahoo, has no age limit in there games. I clicked on the Link & it showed yahoo games above ClubPogo's homepage. I onlu use there Im .   :(

xgingerx

Runner

Check this Out!July 3, 2008

How Would You Envision Pogo for Kids?
Your favorite game site is looking into doing a game site for children, and we would love to hear your thoughts! We're interested in hearing from people who have children between 4 and 18 and have some ideas on what you'd like to see in a site geared towards kids. How would it be different from the current Pogo site? How might it be the same? Please send you're thoughts to research@pogo.com

Maybe yahoo is taking over pogo.
LOL 

(maybe EA has been building up POGO to sell it)

I think everybody forgets this is a business.

mr.clean

if this happens I will quit playing for sure :=

Runner

Quote from: mr.clean on July 08, 2008, 08:40:15 AM
if this happens I will quit playing for sure :=

LoL,

That is what everybody said when the rumor started about pogo charging for memberships.

Runner

Quote from: mr.clean on July 01, 2008, 11:16:41 PM
ea is bigger than Yahoo ever was . Pogo is 1 game site on the net.

EA

Income Statement (in millions)            Quarterly
                                                     (Mar '08)                       Annual(2008)                Annual(2007) 
Total Revenue                                   1,127.00                       3,665.00                         3,091.00 
Gross Profit                                       665.00                         1,860.00                          1,879.00 
Operating Income                               -37.00                          -487.00                               39.00 
Net Income                                        -94.00                          -454.00                               76.00 

Yahoo

Income Statement(in millions)        Quarterly(Mar '08)              Annual(2007)            Annual(2006) 
Total Revenue                                 1,817.60                       6,969.27                   6,425.68 
Gross Profit                                     1,062.52                       4,130.52                   3,749.96 
Operating Income                                120.62                          695.41                     940.97 
Net Income                                        542.16                           660.00                     751.39

EA is not bigger than Yahoo.  In fact Yahoo has doubled or almost doubled EA's total revenue every year.

When I looked EA's volulme for stock today it was around 1.7 million.. Yahoo is at  14.3 million.

Claiken

i dont know why they would do the whole site for kids thing.

Not on the name i have now, but when i was like 14 i was playing on pogo, i just told them i was older. since our family never wins anything ever, there was no harm.

but if they made a legit kids site, would that mean the extinction of tokens? or just 2 separate sites?

Runner

Quote from: Claiken on July 08, 2008, 10:49:17 AM
i dont know why they would do the whole site for kids thing.

Not on the name i have now, but when i was like 14 i was playing on pogo, i just told them i was older. since our family never wins anything ever, there was no harm.

but if they made a legit kids site, would that mean the extinction of tokens? or just 2 separate sites?

Sounds to me like they are going to make a site like "yahoo kids"

Nonnie

Runner You are a great! You will find anything I out to inform us that is cute.  I have been aware of Pogo games on Yahoo for a few years now some how I even have a RSS feed that takes me to PogoYahooNeopetscheat RSSreader. When I did some upgrades on Foxfire I received the Icon but, I knew about accessing Pogo in Yahoo for a few years.  I think when the prices of Pogo went up I was looking to see if I could get it cheaper on Yahoo, I was receiving Pogo at a $10.00 discount on AOL

mr.clean

Quote from: Runner on July 08, 2008, 09:17:14 AM
EA

Income Statement (in millions)            Quarterly
                                                     (Mar '08)                       Annual(2008)                Annual(2007) 
Total Revenue                                   1,127.00                       3,665.00                         3,091.00 
Gross Profit                                       665.00                         1,860.00                          1,879.00 
Operating Income                               -37.00                          -487.00                               39.00 
Net Income                                        -94.00                          -454.00                               76.00 

Yahoo

Income Statement(in millions)        Quarterly(Mar '08)              Annual(2007)            Annual(2006) 
Total Revenue                                 1,817.60                       6,969.27                   6,425.68 
Gross Profit                                     1,062.52                       4,130.52                   3,749.96 
Operating Income                                120.62                          695.41                     940.97 
Net Income                                        542.16                           660.00                     751.39

EA is not bigger than Yahoo.  In fact Yahoo has doubled or almost doubled EA's total revenue every year.

When I looked EA's volulme for stock today it was around 1.7 million.. Yahoo is at  14.3 million.

What i was saying theres not a bigger site for games online then pogo EA Games.
There the best at console games for 3 party games...   Capcom used too number 1

chummychum

I can't wait until Icahn fires Jerry Yang when he takes over. Worst CEO in history. He has driven Yahoo into the ground.

Yang = moron

hey Yang.....Icahn is coming for you!

Runner

Quote from: chummychum on July 08, 2008, 11:18:03 AM
I can't wait until Icahn fires Jerry Yang when he takes over. Worst CEO in history. He has driven Yahoo into the ground.

Yang = moron

hey Yang.....Icahn is coming for you!
agreed, and you know how hard it is for me to agree with you.

modified to add humor!

Homer

Actually Microsoft may wind up running pogo since they are trying to buy Yahoo. Now that's a scary thought.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview