This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Deadliest Catch

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

How long do they leave the crab pots down before they go back and get them?  Anyone know?

C~M

usually anywhere from 1 to 24 hours at most.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CrazyMan on July 28, 2008, 05:01:13 PM
usually anywhere from 1 to 24 hours at most.

Thanks!  I got the impression that they placed the pots then turned around and picked them up.  So I was guessing less than 24 hours.  Thanks again!

bams68

I never get to see this show  girls18.gif

they dun show it on any of my channels, which sux
Anywho so I'm not sure what pots are, I know here in my area (Which is a huge fishing district) crab traps ( we call them lines ) are set on the first day an are checked every day afterwards....they call it checking the lines. Lobster is the same. We lost my brother in law in a fishing herring accident. Been 10 years this year since he passed. Sure was a shock but the waters were so rough an cold that time of year (which was May) jus had no chance.

Anywho wish I caught this show here, ah well I sure will be able to once I finally get settled in my new home. Yeeepeee

Ur Deer Friend
bams

Fluffy756

It depends sometimes they would leave the 12 hours sometimes longer. And also if there really bad weather they would just let them stay there go fine a safe place to hang out until the weather is better to lift there string of pots up.

Stinkerbell

They call those cage looking things pots.  It's a fascinating show.  Never thought I'd get into this one, but I like it.

bubbleup

I like this show too although I missed most of this past season.(they repeat these shows to death so I'm sure I'll catch up). Anyhow I do believe today is the day that they release the video game based on the series. If anyone gets it would be curious to how it is  :/\

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on July 29, 2008, 11:53:49 AM
I like this show too although I missed most of this past season.(they repeat these shows to death so I'm sure I'll catch up). Anyhow I do believe today is the day that they release the video game based on the series. If anyone gets it would be curious to how it is  :/\

My son rented it a couple weeks ago at Hollywood Video and he liked it... it's a slow moving game, kinda like SIMS but he liked making his own boat and choosing where to drop the pots.  There was some kind of guide that shows where the best place to get the crabs are.  And as I recall, he intentionally sank his ship a few times by running into iceburgs. But not to worry, insurance covered it.   :)) 

bubbleup

sounds like a neat game,thanks stinkerbell. On a funny note, our weekly grocery ad always places the caption 'fresh from the bering sea' under the crab picture. Makes me think of this damn show every time!  :)))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview