PlayBuddy
May 22, 2024, 06:46:44 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

disc drive scan

Started by METALLICA,

Previous topic - Next topic

METALLICA

following up on my previous question about problems with my pc , i think i have found the problem but dont know what to do .... i ran a disc drive scan and it came up with the following ,"checking file system on c: warning: i parameter specified
    warning:c parameter specified
your drive may still be corrupt even after running chkdsk  ,,,, before i run this i checked where it says fix , but not sure wether it has done so or not , anyone any ideas ,, thanx

Homer

Fatkid seems to be the resident tech head.  ;) He may be able to help you. :)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

fatkid

What program are you using to do a checkdisk with?
Sounds to me like your problem lies in the bad sectors sitting on your harddrive...
There are a couple of utilities I would suggest using, but you may need to toss your harddrive and purchase a new one...

VoptXP 7.22
Incredible Disk Defrag includes disk clean-up and error checking/repair

If this util won't fix your bad sectors let me know and we could try a few other utilities... If worst comes to worst, right now all CompUSA stores are selling 160GB harddrives for $80, no rebates needed... Link Here... Also it says the drive is a Generic, but it is really a Maxtor HDD, so it should be pretty good quality... :)  Let me know if VoptXP doesn't help you out at all though...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview