Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

caylee anthony

Started by maxine,

Previous topic - Next topic

maxine

swamp

ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- The bones of a small child found in a wooded area last week are those of missing Orlando toddler Caylee Anthony.

Dr. Jan Garavaglia, the Orange Counter medical examiner, said the remains match the DNA profile of the missing girl.

The remains were found in a wooded area less than a half-mile from the Anthony family home last week by a utility worker.

Casey Anthony, 22, faces charges including first-degree murder in the June disappearance of her daughter, who was 2 at the time. Remains described as being those of a small child were found last week a half-mile from Casey Anthony's parents' home, in the area where a meter reader first directed police.
More Information

Authorities said before the conference, that if the remains prove to be Caylee's, a jail chaplain or psychologist would tell her mother before the results are given to reporters. The jail, however, would not disclose Friday whether such a visit had taken place.

At a Thursday news conference, Capt. Angelo Nieves, a Sheriff's Department commander, said investigators were looking into whether the tips, called in August 11, 12 and 13, were properly followed up.

In one of those phone calls, the meter reader reported seeing a gray bag on the side of the road, Nieves said. On August 13, a deputy responded to the site and did a "cursory search" but found nothing, Nieves said.

Nieves said police were getting more information from the tipster and the deputy who responded to the tips. He said the department was investigating the "thoroughness" of the deputy's response but would not identify the deputy.

The meter reader "is not a suspect," Nieves said. "He is a credible witness."

Nieves' latest announcement is raising questions about whether police missed several chances to find remains believed to be Caylee's.

The meter reader is not the only one, or the first, to have pointed police toward the site containing the remains.

KioMarie Cruz, Casey Anthony's childhood friend, also told police to investigate the same wooded area near Hidden Oaks Elementary School a month before the meter reader, according to CNN affiliate WFTV.

In an interview with detectives, according to WFTV, Cruz said that she and Anthony "pretty much used to hang out there most of our time," would "snack on food for hours" and went there to "get away from our parents."

The Sheriff's Department followed up on that tip, but the wooded area was covered in floodwaters, preventing a search. Nieves said the water may have been present at the time of the meter reader's tips as well.

Casey Anthony could face a sentence of life in prison if convicted. Prosecutors said this month that they would not seek the death penalty.
RIP Caylee

Tara

Quote from: swamp on December 19, 2008, 11:38:52 AM
Authorities said before the conference, that if the remains prove to be Caylee's, a jail chaplain or psychologist would tell her mother before the results are given to reporters. The jail, however, would not disclose Friday whether such a visit had taken place.

I don't know why they someone to tell her, the b*itch already knew it.  6_6.gif

freespirit

I have been following this story very closely.I felt in my gut from when I first heard about Caylee's disappearance(and the strange Mother,lies etc.)that she was no longer with us.It just breaks my heart.
     I bet the mother will still blame it on someone else,and that her enabling parents will do the same.Poor beautiful little girl,good thing she is in a better place now...maybe she could haunt Casey for the rest of her life while she awaits the death penalty.
girls18.gif

teresa_aaron

FOR MONTHS NOW THE WORLD HAS BEEN SEARCHING FOR A BEAUTIFUL 3 YEAR OLD GIRL NAMED CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY. LAST WEEK THEY FOUND BONES CLOSE TO THE ANTHONY HOME. ON DECEMBER 19,2008 THEY REPORTED THAT THE BONES FOUND WERE THAT OF THIS BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY. SHE WAS ONLY 2 WHEN SHE DIED JUST FIXING TO TURN 3 YEARS OLD. NOTHING LIKE THIS SHOULD HAPPEN TO A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG GIRL STILL SO MUCH LIFE TO LIVE SO MUCH LOVE TO OFFER. AND, NOW THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL. THE WORLD WILL REMEMBER THIS LITTLE GIRL. AT LEAST NOW WE KNOW SHE IS WITH GOD ABOVE LOOKING OVER THE WORLD AS A BEAUTIFUL ANGEL.  :'((
TO CAYLEE'S FAMILY WE ALL OFFER ARE DEEPEST SYMPOTHY. TO ALL WHO HAVE LOVED HER AND COME TO KNOW HER AND WILL REMEMBER HER. WE SEND OUR PRAYERS OUT TO THOSE WHOM WERE THERE FOR HER AND ARE DOING ALL TO BRING THIS CASE TO JUSTICE. WE ALL PRAY THAT THE PERSON THAT COMMITTED THIS HANAS CRIME BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE. AND, HOPE THAT EVERYDAY THAT THE MEMORY OF SOMETHING SO BEAUTIFUL SOMETHING SO YOUNG AND LOVING GOES THROUGH THIS PERSONS MIND..  6_6.gif

CAYLEE MARIE ANYTHONY 2005-2008
KEEP THE PRAYER ALIVE!!                 girls18.gif girls18.gif girls18.gif

somuchfun

Dateline has done a pretty thorough program on this.  It is on tv right now. May Caylee rest in peace.

pgirl202

I hope Casey Anthony rots in jail. This is so horrible, it makes me sick to my stomach.
I am two years younger than Casey, and I couldnt even imagine killing my child, if I had one.
I watched a 20/20 report on ABC a few weeks ago (Maybe 2 weeks) and they showed Casey laughing at her mothers tears, and whenever Caylee was brought up Casey changed the subject. It made me sick. I have absolutely no remorse for this woman. She should go on death row, and I hope she thinks about how much life her daughter could of had every day she sits there.
I knew Caylee was dead when I first heard about this story in early July -- How could you WAIT 32 days to report your child missing? If that was me, I would of had a panic attack after a few hours, let alone days. Oh and the fact that she was out partying when she was "investigating"

Rot it up Casey - You deserve everything that is coming to you.

Also, I am semi-remorseful for Casey's parents -- Do you guys think they had any clue? I think the mother might of known something.

disneyland lady

My son is a Medical Examiner here in San Diego and they gossip all the time amongst each other while they are tight lipped to the public. There is PLENTY to tie Casey to Caylee found at the site but the truth is - Casey is one of those liars that believe their own lies so it will be a big shock to her to find out she did this crime. I sooooo hope that TruTV or whatever they call Court TV is called now will carry the trial. And being Florida they do show them on TV - that was where the Anna Nicole court case was located. I am pretty sure if it is not carried it will be on most all the news channels.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

disneyland lady

Quote from: pgirl202 on December 22, 2008, 12:44:47 PM
Also, I am semi-remorseful for Casey's parents -- Do you guys think they had any clue? I think the mother might of known something.

Parents are often blind to the sins of their children. They have believed so many of Casey's great ability to lie BUT the smell in the car cannot be anything but a light bulb moment. I have a feeling from seeing the tapes of George and Cindy in the jail talking - George's body language showed he has already made his decision and it had to do with the trunk of the car. I think Cindy is so trying to get her daughter to come up with a reason for all the inconsistancies - like she has done all her life. But she is not talking to her the same way she did at the beginning. But keep this in mind - her grand daughter is DEAD - her daughter is not. And I noticed that Lee (the brother) has bailed out of everything so HE made his decision a while ago and probably refuses to deal with Cindy til she admits Casey did it. So Cindy ONLY has Casey. That is the saddest thing of all this. A mother who lost her daughter long ago and just lost her granddaughter.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Homer on December 29, 2008, 07:16:15 AM
Is he named Quincy?  :)))

No but that is EXACTLY why he became one - loved that show and now that they have all those old shows on DVD he has several years of the show.  You work in a nuclear power plant, don't cha?

Homer

Quote from: disneyland lady on December 29, 2008, 07:18:47 AM
No but that is EXACTLY why he became one - loved that show and now that they have all those old shows on DVD he has several years of the show.  You work in a nuclear power plant, don't cha?

I used to like that show also.

I sleep and eat doughnuts at a nuclear plant.  :)))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview