This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

what would YOU do

Started by swamp,

Previous topic - Next topic

swamp

Bloomsburg, PA -- We've heard of these stories before. Randy Pratt of Bloomsburg, made a bank deposit for $1700. But there was an error. The bank credited Mr. Pratt's account for $177,000, thanks to a misplaced decimal point.

So, you would expect Randy Pratt and his wife, Melissa, to be honest citizens and alert the bank, right?

No. They withdrew all the money, quit their jobs, and moved to Florida.

After giving away a lot of the money, police finally found them. Randy Pratt is behind bars. Melissa Pratt is free on bail, and estranged from her husband.   ::) :)))

jarjar

Tara

They should put the person who effed up at the bank, in jail.  :)))

Joe C

Something similar happened to me about 10 years ago. Someone at the brokerage had a computer error. My 401(k) shot up $200,000 because of a misplaced comma. I called them up and they fixed it.

Like NO ONE IS GOING TO NOTICE THE MISTAKE. Morons!!!

Enjoy prison.
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

FreecellFanny

I would have let it sit....just to see how long it took them to notice it.

disneyland lady

I found a $10 bill on the bags of carrots in the veggie section of the supermarket. I pocketed it and intended to keep it til I got to the front and there was a little old lady in tears because she couldn't find her $10 and had only picked up carrots and lettuce. Drat! No way was I going to lose what Karma I have left because of that $10 which I had assumed was a gift from God.

Recently in Washington a guy put HIS bank deposit slips in the shelf at the table in the bank and people do not look at anything but fill in the blanks. He got several thousand dollars and would have gotten away with this interesting twist on bank robbery......but he had to come back the next day and do it again! Greed wins almost every time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview