PlayBuddy
June 03, 2024, 05:59:59 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Be Very Afraid - Pogo Is Updating Again Soon!

Started by FreecellFanny,

Previous topic - Next topic

FreecellFanny

Quote from: Joe C on March 04, 2009, 06:19:32 AM
My two paid subsrciptions are just fine. giggle2.gif

So are mine but if Pogo is going to give the unwashed masses some of the same benefits that we are paying $40 a year for why shouldn't we get a discount or something ultra-exclusive for free?  undecided.gif

arniebear

I read all that stuff too, and it made little sense other than Pogo trying to squeeze more bucks out of you.  If you are going to buy gems to play just buy a membership.  There is little difference.  undecided.gif

Joe C

Pogo gems for non-members: Pogo's way of getting money from people bad at math. giggle2.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

harley89

it appears to be a lame attempt by Pogo to draw more paying customers.  In theses times it might be better to work on holding what you got . 

Squid

Quote from: harley89 on March 05, 2009, 06:58:13 AM
it appears to be a lame attempt by Pogo to draw more paying customers.

I think that's exactly it.  Peeps will like having mini items, etc. and won't want to lose them or will want to get more.  It will probably lure more into joining Club Pogo. 

arniebear

EA games is down in profit and the outlook is not much better for this year, they cannot keep up with changing market in games, so of course they will stick it to their club members to make up for their lagging game sales.........this translates to squeezing more out of Pogo.

disneyland lady

If Pogo opens up Minis to non-club members they are going to have Club Members realizing they don't need to be in that exclusive club to get the perks.

Squid

The problem is that there will always be games that are unavailable to non-club members.  Pogo is getting tricky.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on March 05, 2009, 10:58:39 AM
If Pogo opens up Minis to non-club members they are going to have Club Members realizing they don't need to be in that exclusive club to get the perks.

They are counting on our addiction to badges, to keep us paying for Club memberships.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 05, 2009, 02:18:32 PM
They are counting on our addiction to badges, to keep us paying for Club memberships.
Glad I'm not addicted. I just have a healthy insatiable obsession.

bubbleup

I've noticed they are a starting to put messages in the chatbox. There was an error when I was doing the pool challenge and it told me[in the chatbox] to disable my pop up blocker  bad mood.gif

Stinkerbell

MsMissy

Im not sure i quite understand pogo's logic, but to me it sounds like they are gonna let non-paying members buy Gems & have a mini also. Now i dont think its fair to us paying members. dont they get enough money from us now ? whats next, they gonna let them also play are games. gezzzzzzz

Stinkerbell

MsMissy, a company like Pogo can never be satisfied with enough money. They want MORE than enough money, they are a business, after all.

Joe C

BabyCheetah

I still wait on sales for the M&M badges.  But, I do buy the premium ones as soon as they come out.

disneyland lady

Pogo has a list of FAQ about the pogo.com people being allowed to play Club Pogo games and how it will increase our "fun". I swear they really believe their club members are dolts. Here is just one of the Q&A:

Question
Why are Pogo Minis and Club Pogo games now available to regular Pogo players?

Answer
We have received much feedback from Club Pogo members about how much they enjoy creating an online persona through Pogo Minis. Pogo Minis have really become a great way to express yourself, connect with other players and be involved in a passionate, tight-knit community.

Because of this positive feedback, we wanted to extend the joy of Pogo Minis to everyone, allowing existing Club Pogo members to share their Pogo Mini creations with a larger audience and connecting with even more players.

Interesting on their spin but really I do not like to "share" with anyone on anything. All of their questions were answered with a large dose of lithium and either 'warm and fuzzy' feeling or cheerleader zeal. So the truth is that they are not doing this for possible Revenue but to extend the joy.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

disneyland lady

Joe C

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview