PlayBuddy
June 03, 2024, 05:17:03 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Be Very Afraid - Pogo Is Updating Again Soon!

Started by FreecellFanny,

Previous topic - Next topic

FreecellFanny

I'm sure something will screw up in all this:

New game rewards are coming to Club Pogo!

You will continue to earn badges and tokens when ranking up in games, but soon you'll earn Pogo Mini avatar items too!

There will be dozens of new items you can unlock, starting with these fun games:

1. Canasta
2. Everyone Loves Bingo
3. Mahjong Garden
4. Pogo™ Addiction Solitaire
5. Tri-Peaks Solitaire

Already ranked up in these games? Not a problem! We'll have a Pogo Mini Awards page where you can claim your Pogo Minis!

We are updating the Pogo Mini Mall with cool new features to make changing and shopping for your Pogo Mini easier and more fun to do!

A new home page that showcases more of what's happening in the world of Pogo Minis! Easier-to-use Pogo Mini Mall
shopping cart. Add multiple items to your cart and check-out in one convenient session. To celebrate, we're giving FREE Mini items to Club Pogo members! Don't forget to pick 'em up at the new Mini Mall!

We are expanding the Pogo Gems™ universe to players on Pogo.com!

Soon Pogo.com players will be able to use Pogo Gems to get select Pogo Mini items and choose from a select collection of Club Pogo games to try for 1, 3, or 7 days, at a time.

FreecellFanny

The shopping cart for the mini mall is long overdue.  cheesy.gif

However, I'm not sure I understand the logistics of the Gems for games idea. Why the hell would I pay Gems to play a game for a few days if I am already a Club member? Aren't Gems available only to Club members anyway?  undecided.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: FreecellFanny on March 03, 2009, 02:36:24 PM

We are expanding the Pogo Gems™ universe to players on Pogo.com!

Soon Pogo.com players will be able to use Pogo Gems to get select Pogo Mini items and choose from a select collection of Club Pogo games to try for 1, 3, or 7 days, at a time.

Okay, does this mean that Exclusive Club Pogo members are no longer an exclusive?

BabyCheetah

Great their giving me a shopping cart..well too late...I already have everything that tokens will buy.

I wonder which games will get screwed up with this upgrade.  Cribbage is still screwy.

I don't get the gem thing either.  But we'll soon see.

~Sassy~

FreecellFanny

One thing they need to do is offer long-time Club members a discount on renewing.  swear2.gif

disneyland lady

Pogo should be thinking bigger than this - in a recession we drop buying our coffee at Starbucks and change going to a movie to renting one. As much as I love Pogo, I think they are going to see a loss of people spending their gems on things like the mall or a week of a game or a week of wearing a mini outfit if that is what they mean. But I doubt that the powers that be have ever been alive during a recession. I can remember giving my poor son's haircuts with the flowbee and buying tobacco in a bag and rolling my own.

MsMissy

It sounds like too me, that non paying members can soon buy gems for at least 7 days?  hmmm

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

shoes

I always laugh when I see companies and businesses trying their hardest to get new customers, when they offer nothing to the long time customers.  Most of the time they can't even handle the customers they have, but think they need more.  How about more gems in the spins Pogo??   russian.gif  I too have given up the pricey coffee!!

Tara

I'm glad about the mini mall shopping cart. It's a pain in the ass to have to click 5 times to buy one thing.

Joe C

Hocky

It's a darn good thing that they are giving the mini items to people who have already ranked out in the above mentioned games cuz I will be damned if I am going back to play tri peaks again!

C~M

What Pogo is doing is they want more money.  They are going to give the free members a MINI and acccess to the MINI MALL where they can use tokens, and also let them buy GEMS (which is the money part) so they can buy the animated stuff for the minis and even the 1, 3, or 7 day club passes.  That means OUR club EXCLUSIVE mini's will no longer be ours!!  We should get a discount on Pogo for that.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CrazyMan on March 03, 2009, 08:59:39 PM
What Pogo is doing is they want more money.  They are going to give the free members a MINI and acccess to the MINI MALL where they can use tokens, and also let them buy GEMS (which is the money part) so they can buy the animated stuff for the minis and even the 1, 3, or 7 day club passes.  That means OUR club EXCLUSIVE mini's will no longer be ours!!  We should get a discount on Pogo for that.
Pogo will give you a discount, but it'll cost ya 18 gems.

doublea0508

Fluffy756

Quote from: FreecellFanny on March 03, 2009, 02:39:16 PM
The shopping cart for the mini mall is long overdue.  cheesy.gif

However, I'm not sure I understand the logistics of the Gems for games idea. Why the hell would I pay Gems to play a game for a few days if I am already a Club member? Aren't Gems available only to Club members anyway?  undecided.gif

this also going to be for non-members who will be able to use the gems play 1, 3, 7 days so they can get min items.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Fluffy756 on March 04, 2009, 06:02:45 AM

this also going to be for non-members who will be able to use the gems play 1, 3, 7 days so they can get min items.

So what happens to their mini after 7 days? Are they going to be papercutouts dressed in outfits? To me this means that they will continue to have Club Pogo "looks" after their pay for play days are over.

Joe C

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview